RDF was always coming. This was their plan since WoTLK launched

This was always their plan. It’s marketing garbage designed to get people back into the game now that subs are falling off. Which is great… but it sure would have been nice to get it at the start of WOTLK BEFORE everyone quit… but hey I’m a dreamer.

Hate to say I told you so… (alright)

oh Hairbands, glad you’re here – are you going to retire from the forums again when you hit 10,000 posts again?

now if we can just get Fasc posting again.

What is this thread? Do you want a pat on the back? Because a thousand other posters said the same thing you did.

1 Like

In before Bearhands.

Lol probably, at least until my post count drops again :smile:

Nah, I think that the more reasonable explanation is that some of the devs in charge of the decisions (for example Brian) had too much of an ego to admit that their vision for the game (the legendary unicorn of Social Interaction™) wasn’t based on reality, and because they don’t play the game enough to see or experience the consequences of their decision it lead to them not caring about whether RDF was in the game or not beyond saving face on their original decision.

7 Likes

I think the more likely case is the simplest; the Classic team is simply not very good at their jobs. It’s the same reason Diablo IV is a bad game.

5 Likes

Happy new 10k posts thread.

2 Likes

He’ll have to celebrate by playing the character he probably hasn’t logged into for years and dinging 17.
:axe:

I log in once or twice a week to do my GDKP’S, but not much more than that. Unless you mean Bearhands specifically then yea it’s been a while. I did log in the other day to check out what Faerlina alliance looks like these days but it was just kinda sad… :confused:

Hey! Thanks! I guess Blizzard is gonna let me have one every few weeks or so lol.

1 Like

Yay you guessed right, but given Blizzards communication that’s all it was. A guess.

What’s really sad is if this was the plan all along they could have just come out and said RDF would not be implemented until after ToGC. I mean we all would have been impatient but understanding for the most part. Just knowing that it would be coming instead of all the “No RDF Ever” hype would have placated the player base instead of causing such huge divides.

2 Likes

we all knew it was coming. but having to go through blizzard gaslighting us by saying crap like “this doesn’t match our design for classic so it will never come to wrath” and then Ion himself starting that dumb “if you want rdf then retail is there for you” meme (but i guess that’s to be expected since he’s the same guy who said “if you want playable high elves then the horde is waiting for you” only to release void elves and give them high elf customizations, as well as trying to tell us “zandalari druids wont have unique beast forms”).

3 Likes

so you made a safe prediction based on nothing and now you want a Nostradamus cookie?

2 Likes

I cackled.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.