RDF Guaranteed Release by Blizzcon 2023

…because love it or gaslit into hating it, RDF will be the sole topic hounding devs in every Q&A and meet’n’greet right up in their faces otherwise.

21 Likes

lets get the red shirt guy after em!

8 Likes

I know it helps you believe you have agency… but the truth is releasing RDF mid expansion was ALWAYS the plan

7 Likes

Lol you guys are too shy to type /4 LFM Violet hold H
Now you’re gonna fly to california and shout at the devs irl? K

17 Likes

You apparently dont play the game.

Thanks for your input tho I guess??

3 Likes

7 posts per day since classic release, disgusting^

6 Likes

Huh? Isn’t Blizzcon normally in February? You’re expecting RDF to be in the game in the next 60 days with no mention from Blizzard and no PTR testing of it?

My guess is it’ll never be in Wrath. They’re too committed to their beloved Mythic dungeons and their egos could never handle reversing course. Maybe it’ll come at the very, very end right before Cata…which is pointless. In actual Wrath it existed half of the expansion.

It’ll be in Cata though, from the start. That’s my interpretation of the fact it wasn’t even mentioned in the Cata survey. But they did ask about LFR. Also…dungeons work differently in Cata anyway. All the old dungeons get tweaks and revamps. The entire leveling process is designed for RDF. So it’ll be there.

11 Likes

This would’ve looked really good on an existing thread about RDF.

3 Likes

I mean, Blizzcon isn’t going to be a ghosttown. There will be people there this coming year, and the majority of any given sample of the WoW Classic playerbase knows that RDF is integral to the survival of the Classic experience. People who want Retail’s gatekeeping manual finder just go back to dragonflight and are happy there.

1 Like

why are u still subbed then?
why is the game still so popular?

3 Likes

Most of us are/were subbed to 2025 or so, if Blizzard offered sub refunds the company would collapse overnight. On the bright side, with the anti-social gatekeeping nature of the manual dungeon finder from retail being added to wotlk, at least these forums offer a social experience.

You’ll notice as subs continue to decrease, Blizzard pushes out more 6 month and now 1 year sub contracts in desperation.

3 Likes

So they have subs for the next 2 years, but they don’t play the game because the game can’t survive without RDF?

So they just don’t play the game at all and just make forum posts complaining about it?

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:

Anyway, Wrath Classic is a raid log game. And yes it will do that fairly well. There’s no longevity in such a design, which Blizz obviously doesn’t care about. They’ll rush out the raids, players will complete them, then rush out Cata, rinse and repeat. That’s all there is to it.

Building communities, growing the base, attracting new players. NONE of those things are going to happen. And none of those things are being designed to happen. This design is, ‘How can we most easily, cheaply, lazily milk the playerbase.’ Keep people subbed, get them to buy a deluxe edition, and some micro-transactions simply by rereleasing content made by actual devs over a decade ago.

It’s a money printing machine.

8 Likes

Many will even be going to Blizzcon to visit the corpse of what was once a respectable company in hopes that devs not shielded by weaponized censorship will at last listen to what is self evident.

A lot of people love this game, and are so passionate because they hate to see it ruined by a woefully inept dev crew’s nonsensical and destructive reforged decisions. Many have given up hope and moved on, others are stronger.

2 Likes

yea u hate the game so unsub
dont type novels @ me
im enjoying the game

none of what u listed is changed at all by having a “lazy button” to join dungeons without having to talk to strangers

6 Likes

LOL, a lazy button that bypasses a macro to spam the LFG channel. Oh no! Man, anti-rdf trolls just can’t resist saying such silly things.

10 Likes

So would an empty space where your useless post resides.

10 Likes

I see no guarantee here, just a wild theory.
:axe:

1 Like

I for one am sick and tired of your damn axe. Switch it up with a bunny or cheese or something.

4 Likes