You can tell game is dying by the forums

Been over in Diablo land and just came back and noticed there have only been 15 or so threads in the last 24 hours…

I know its the low point in a phase but also ToGC launches in less than 2 weeks and still theres absolutely zero hype. Blizzard really needs to do something to inject some life into their game before it flat-lines entirely.

I know theyre waiting until a couple months into Togc to drop RDF but… maybe push it up a little before everyone quits? Also accepting any other ideas.

17 Likes

Considering that everyone seemed to be so excited for Ulduar and mostly seemed to hate on ToGC, it’s not surprising that people are not excited for it.

Although personally, I was never a huge fan of Ulduar (don’t get me wrong, I didn’t and don’t dislike it), I did really like ToGC, so I’m looking forward to it personally.

2 Likes

Might be more hype when ICC drops.

2 Likes

pretty sad to see you fall to the depths of the rest of the doom and gloomers bearhands.

1 Like

Ive always been a realist lol, a spades a spade.

Is the game still worth playing? Absolutely. But it also seems to be dying faster than expected… And there are steps Blizz could take to mitigate that, which Id like them to take sooner rather than later

The only publicity the game has gotten in 4 months was when the token dropped… which was profoundly negative…

6 Likes

game will be low pop till icc imo ony and togc are pretty easy raids that doesn’t take long to complete that do not really offer much of a upgrade from what uldar gear is.

d4 will take most people interest for now people will come back to kill the lich king

1 Like

So many good games this month… Street Fighter, Final Fantasy 16, D4, and BG3 in a couple months. Its just so hard to make myself log into Wow…

I haven’t noticed a difference. Maybe you should finally level the sockpuppet that’s almost 10k posts but still level 16.
:axe:

6 Likes

Naw, I have a higher level druid and Bearhands is stuck on Faerlina, forever a sock puppet.

But also, somewhere shy of 10k posts Im pretty at sure you stop being a sock puppet. Bearhands is a pseudonym, not a sock puppet. Now back on topic

4 Likes

i personally have on arugal outside of peak hour chat doesnt even have people in it posting for 10 mins or more where previously i could atleast see group going nearly all hours. i logged in on my toons a few times this week and can no find raids that are not GDKP’s going. not at the level i used to see them anyways. games not dead but defiantly gotta decline. if you can not see that then you are just trolling.

2 Likes

but honestly what do you really expect people to post on a complete game? RDF complaints? lol not much to talk about tbh so post count on the forums does not really show much just saying

Sure, but its a relative measure. Activity 3 months ago was much higher. It being lower now shows less general engagement with the game, which is a pretty solid indicator less people are playing

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think I’ve ever heard “I can’t wait for ToGC” my group group can’t even be bothered to run it since there’s like 3 items people need and no mount achievement.

2 Likes

Just let the game die imho. Blizz made it clear they don’t care about the game when they snuck in the WoW token without addressing any of the actual problems in game.

9 Likes

Not that the realm forums are active, but if the realm forums were active, you can’t do even the lightest trash-talking without the AMAZING MODERATION TEAM handing out suspensions.

I still have fun playing my alts, but I am not too surprised that I do not have as much enthusiasm for WoTLK as I did for TBC.

1 Like

the game doesn’t need publicity. if people don’t know what world of warcraft is after 20 years idk what to tell you. the game is live and well. dying/dead overblown nonsense and then you turned it into an rdf post. you literally just became the doom and gloom trollers lol. would rdf be cool, yes. but if you think rdf makes people come play the game you are on something. all rdf does is enable more alts it doesn’t bring in people.

2 Likes

no it shows less engagement in the forums, not the game…

It absolutely does rofl? If makes the new player experience 100x better and makes leveling much more tolerable. Id level an alt if Rdf existed. Instead Im playing other games and barely even raid logging.

It literally makes people play the game lol.

And you shouldnt need to be a statistician to understand that one relates to the other…

2 Likes

3 items? tell us you don’t do heroic without telling us huh?

tell me how adding rdf makes new players come to the game? you would level an alt, not a new player. and if you willing to drop the game over rdf then you wouldn’t be staying long term anyways lol. alts only go so far and if you cant stand alts in questing you will get bored in dungeons just the same. making rdf out as some savior of returning subs and the bringer of new gamers is idiotic. its nothing more than a small qol feature.

1 Like