Open Question: An Alternative to Queues?

The circumstances of the last few weeks have led to an unexpected increase in both the numbers of players that have been playing WoW Classic, as well as the length of their play sessions. This has caused some of the most-popular realms to see queues again. While free character moves can act as a relief valve for players who just want to play a particular character regardless of the realm it’s on, that’s not the only tool in our belt.

It is possible to temporarily raise the population cap on a given realm by turning layering back on. While I can only name half-a-dozen realms in this region that really have extended queues right now, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few more realms experience queue growth during this remarkable period we’re living in. So my question for you is this:

• If your realm was experiencing one-hour (or longer) queues during peak play times every day, would you want your realm temporarily increased to two layers, to shorten the queue? How do you think that would change your gameplay experience?

As always, thank you for your feedback.

254 Likes

Yes please. 2 layers will be perfectly fine. Temporary fix for a temporary issue :slight_smile:

192 Likes

Time to layer hop for Black Lotus and Thorium veins again.

54 Likes

Yes, increase it to as many as you want. Literally do not care about layering. I just want to log in to raid and not have to sit through a 2-3 hr queue.

131 Likes

I doubt you can fit all players of a realm on a single silithus zone layer anyway in P5. Game already laggs out in stormwind when some people gather for buffs.

I welcome layers to remove the lagg and queues. Please open layers even on realms that dont have queues.

Being able to play the game without lagg is important too.

48 Likes

In my opinion layering was one of the most regrettable things added to Classic and even queues won’t sway me into wishing for its return.

172 Likes

and this is exactly what needs to be adressed before any new Layering

fix that and Lasagna the servers as much as you want

19 Likes

I’d just like to give a shout out to all my crew in Dumpster Fire. If it wasnt for yall I wouldnt be here at #6 today. Swiss, Flat, PK. ILY BB. DF 4 Lyf

85 Likes

If you add layering again, please consider what its going to do to the lotus/crystal market. It was HEAVILY exploited when layer was originally active.

34 Likes

Yes.

I won’t wait in a queue.

60 Likes

Hell yes. These Queues are killing me!

43 Likes

Dont layer us please will destroy the game

92 Likes

Under no circumstances should you re-enable that cursed thing. We’re still recovering from the damage.

102 Likes

Personally, no, I never want to see layering again. It was abused. It was disruptive to require grouping just to be with friends on the same realm. I nearly didn’t play the first few months just because of that, but family/friends convinced me to ‘grin and bear it’.

That said, I’m not on a stupidly full realm, and I’m an altoholic who plays across 5 realms, at least two on the Low population end of things. If it’s never going to touch the realms I play on, and the players on those SPECIFIC realms are okay with it, it won’t impact me much.

58 Likes

Yes please!!!

My guild on Whitemane has been raiding since release (split runs with other guilds until we had enough 60s of our own) and the last two raids have had attendance issues due to 3-4 hour queues on raid day.

We raid at 5:30pm server, which is earlier than most. Requiring raiders to log in between 1:30-2:30pm just to make a raid 3-4 hours later is just logistically a nightmare.

You made these mega servers, so please at least enable layering so we can actually play on them.

42 Likes

How about invest money on servers! Instead of strong arming a yes

60 Likes

It would cause a definite recession on BL prices, but it would help people stock up for AQ40 and Naxx and of course actually play the game.

14 Likes

yes please. the queue boss is killing raiding. trying to get people logged in for raid time is damn near impossible the last 2 weeks.

37 Likes

Yes, please god yes.

26 Likes

We’ve had DME for thorium for a while now, no need to layer abuse for that.

6 Likes