Night Elf Mega Thread - Please Stop Blizzard

Behold this motley throng in which the rebels put their faith.

Kaldorei? You disgrace a glorious past, hiding in trees and cloaking yourselves in false piety. You have grown as savage as the trolls that skulk about your forests.

Quel’dorei? You are peasants playing at nobility, all too willing to mingle with lesser races that dilute your bloodline. You are unworthy of the name high elves.

Sin’dorei? Of all the elves, I thought you might understand the choice I made to save my people. Instead, you ally with misfits and monsters.

Each of you has debased your proud lineage. Each of you has forgotten the ancient power that is our birthright.

Let this failed rebellion be a lesson to any that would stand against the shal’dorei
Elisande’s retort

I Always loved this!

1 Like

The Blizzard writing team LITERALLY used the words : “Sylvanas Windrunner had committed genocide .”

You can read it for yourself. I am linking any relevant thread regarding NE mass murder or NE racial leaders to this mega thread. If you posted something unsavory and people didn’t like it, that is not on me.

What is insulting is that a major company, Blizzard, can use the words “plausible deniability” in conjunction with genocide. What is insulting is that they can use genocide, burning, torturing, and war crimes to create a shock factor because the writing team lacks the skill to write a truly compelling plot. What is insulting is that the leader of the collaborators who helped carry out the genocide, which is again what Blizzard called it, gets to fly away without any negative repercussions because too many Blizzard fans and the writing team have idealized a morally bankrupt character just because it happens to wear skimpy armor.

As another user once said, when Blizzard took on the topic of genocide and made it into a “game”, they wrote a check they weren’t prepared to cash. This is evidenced by their reluctance to offer actual justice/punishment for the offending faction/party.

I have even seen fans post genocide themed jokes on the company’s FB page (and when I say genocide, I mean jokes that reference real life tragedies modified to fit the night elves). It is kind of disgusting, frankly.

I am hoping that Blizzard learns from this experience, and hires someone who is not so blinded by faction bias to see that what they are writing and condoning is distasteful at best, and immoral at worst.

And as penance for what they have done, they should restore the pride and honor of its Alliance customers, night elf players in particular.

13 Likes

She kind of doesn’t anymore, she’s more covered up than ever it seems. Not that that makes it okay, of course.

“More covered up” is still relative. Can you name any other merits for that character being give so much screen time, over say, Thalyssra, Landrin, Talanji? These are much more interesting characters with actual depth that might actually be powerful enough to act as Warchief.

1 Like

Perhaps what makes her popular is that she’s evil. Her original story was interesting, her trying to power through her own torture, but since the end of wrath, she’s just been evil, and for some reason, lots of people want to play as the bad guys. The writers can play as them by writing them, and they don’t want their bad guy trip to end.

1 Like

i’m playing the roots fashioned after the roots. it’s pretty fun actually. the simplicity of it, has a charm to it. like, i’m learning to cook westfall stew. haha. gotta get those goretusk snouts and stringy vulture meats. toss in some murloc eyes and okra.

i had theorized that when she commited suicide off icecrown that she was copied by a dreadlord at the moment of death, and the actual sylvannas is in a dimensional prison somewhere.

The dreadlord thing is just too convenient of a narrative.

kinda fits tho

The entire burning teldrassil debacle makes no sense even with crazy Sylvanas. The horde didnt bother with them longterm because they have no interest in horde territory. They literally just want their tree to be back in full functioning order. The warsong orcs who regularly skirmish with night elves would have thought the new warchief coocoo for coco puffs with her weak reasoning.

4 Likes

No, she was not replaced, and if they try that angle in order to excuse her and bring her back for another expansion, I really will be done with this game.

2 Likes

to be honest, I was sickened with the destruction of Darnassus. The tree being gone, really broke my heart. I have been playing this character for about 12 years now. Sometimes I would log in just to sit in the bank tree in Darnasuss and hand out bags to noobs. After the destruction I stopped playing.
Are you kidding me Blizz I mean after everything we witnessed with Malfurion and Tyrande … Ysera, all of it really makes me upset. Like an outcast race in this game.
I am ready for a stronger story line that does not include us being looked down upon or expendable. I would honestly LOVE to see Blizz stand up for NE’s and do something remarkable if not just mediocre at least.
Why create this race if all you were going to do was slam it, spit on it and desecrate it???
Wouldn’t you become exactly what Tyrande has if you had to bear witness to all the horrors she has? I would rather see her rise up strong and fierce then be broken and withered… But I would not want to ever see her become evil because she did not follow the Storm Wind King and all the lackey leaders he has.
BLIZZARD NOW IS THE TIME TO STEP UP & REDEEM YOURSELVES WITH NIGHT ELF RACE!

7 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

8.3 shows Tyrande returning without having reconquered anything, Anduin wanting to sign a peace treaty without any compensation for the night elves and it hints towards undead night elves as an allied race for the horde.

1 Like

Which would honestly be hilarious because

A. The horde already have their own specially skinned NE (nightborne) because the developers wanted to make the NE non exclusive to the Alliance.
B. Undead can already be hunters (or dark rangers if you want to call it that).

If they get dark elves I am fine, as long as we get light touched undead and it ruins the Forsaken lore as badly as the Nightborne ruined NE lore (with all the ridiculous retcons to give it to Horde as a race).

Additional threads on 8.3 and night elves:

What´s up with Elune abondoned her children nonsense

I was right! (Spoilers About The Faction Conflict)

2 Likes

Sad part is that they don’t care if it makes sense or not.

We’ve seen that in 8.1 when the undead night elves (that weren’t even supposed to be possible in the first place) would rather join their murderers and kill more of their families instead of rejoining their own people.

2 Likes

please can you guys do a topic asking for blizzard NOT making Night elves undeads allied race? guess this is a cause that both factions would agree

they will ruin even more the night elf lore, since they make no sense to hate the alliance and join sylvanus and their killers, they should want revenge, join Tyrande or something.

The alliance would lose the night elf model,and not they would not be heavily modified like the nightborne, and thematic giving to the horde.

we would get even more elves when we don’t need then.

the horde don’t want more elves, and we don’t want the night elves here, its an alliance thematic, both factions will lose.

1 Like

We already made hundreds of topics about it, such as:

and many threads that complained about the undead night elves, since they make absolutely no sense. But since we are blizz’s most hated race, they will most likely do it now along with lightforged undead for the alliance that nobody ever asked for.

5 Likes

You know things are bad when Horde are legitimately requesting that Alliance gets some effort.
There have been too many threads on undead rangers and villain batting Tyrande for me to keep up with. Thanks for adding your link.

IMO, signing a peace treaty and pretending like all of the Horde didn’t act as collaborators would require a character who has been lobotomized several times. Anduin isn’t being written realistically, neither is anyone else who just packs up their stuff and heads home rather than taking out the source of Azeroth’s problems while the opportunity presented itself. Yes, lets carry the body of the dude that helped kill an entire race and felt bad about it later. :roll_eyes:

Anyway, I’ve been playing classic mostly, and I rerolled my druid on classic server. It says in the introduction at NE zone that there are already very few NE left. So I am going to assume there will not be anyone left to get revenge, only Tyrande. And they are trying hard to make her seem like the unreasonable one.

Also, watch these people try to twist the meaning of genocide in order to defend the destruction of NE:

Blizzard trying to villainize Tyrande

4 Likes

i haven’t read any of this thread but you quoted me so imma guess from the name.
The night elves are elves which are savages that live along side nature.
Let them be that.
The Horde destroyed their home and destroyed their lands.

Please don’t let this be a hissy.
Let the alliance do something interesting for a change.
Not just the faction that joins up with the horde to take down their evil leader for the 3rd time.

1 Like