Blizzard trying to villainize Tyrande

…as if she’s not 100% right. The Horde will sound the sound the drums and march for war. Not today, or tomorrow, but it will happen.

Honestly, it’s real convenient that we can just let Sylvanas take the heat for everything we did. We just had to sign an armstice and we’re in the clear.

62 Likes

About time for an Alliance character to be chosen to be villainized.

83 Likes

Preach on brother!

1 Like

With a council instead of a Warchief we now have a way to say “hey, no, we’re not doing that” without it being considered treason. Tyrande wants Sylvanas’s head on a stick, I’m happy to help deliver it.

50 Likes

I’m just waiting for Sylvanas to get redeemed and Tyrande to get turned into a raid boss.

The outrage on both sides is gonna be great.

39 Likes

She should want every Horde leader’s head on a stick…no?

4 Likes

tyrande and her moon worship stuff disturbs me…you know all the elune dark stuff and whatnot so…

i mean i am already disturbed so…not much a stretch to make her a villain for me

Not while being lead by Baine, a leader so anti-war that he will run to the Alliance to save a single undead.

11 Likes

To be fair, he will only run to the Alliance to save a single Alliance undead corpse.

If its a tauren…orc…forsaken…he is fine with watching them die.

27 Likes

You’d have to have a current major alliance character to be a villain first. Alliance are the good guys.

1 Like

She wants it so bad that she’s been MIA since Darkshore.

3 Likes

Which is why the Alliance gets boring stories and horses.

21 Likes

She’s angry, but she’s not an idiot, despite what the Black Moon may be doing to her personality. Not to say she’d complain if some of our other leaders happened to die along the way, but she knows who is ultimately responsible and is directing her attention there. I think Malfurion is going to be the steady hand to turn her back from any real craziness, in any case.

3 Likes

I can’t wait for Tyrande to go postal. It’s gonna be so good.

Have we seen the same Tyrande? She’s an absolute idiot! “MALFUUUURION!”

15 Likes

Meh. Tyrande, Malfurion, and the Night Elves have been boring vanilla characters with no edge in an era of expansions defined by edginess. I don’t think they’re going to villainize her they’re expanding the night elves, who historically have taken it extremely raw and then smile, wave, and move on.
There is a lot they can do with coming to terms with Forsaken Night Elves, learning to meet more of a middle ground between rolling over and taking it versus going all vengeful god form, seeing Malfurion and Tyrande expand as characters with this new power. It’s all good stuff.

I have always hated how she did not chose Illidan. That made her the villain in my eyes.

7 Likes

Sounds boring. Not being angry at everyone else that was responsible would be lame. Being calmed down before anything happens would be lame.

Why even bother with that storyline then.

That’s incorrect. The alliance could be written with more interesting stories, blizzard just chooses to spend their time writing for the horde, or they don’t know how to write, or they’re too lazy to write more than one story at a time. They could have done some great stuff with the burning of Teldrasil and tyrande, but they didn’t. They didn’t need to turn someone evil to do it either.

20 Likes

I don’t think “MIA” is really fair in the context of the game as it plays out. Yes, we did a bunch of stuff she was absent from, but she’s still doing the Darkshore thing. Not in the sense that she keeps queuing for the warfront or whatever, but that a real war over terrain that big is going to take time to play out, not to mention the Naga incursion happening there at the same time anyway. Darkshore was a massive Sylvanas/Forsaken initiative, and it stands to reason it would be a stronghold of the Loyalist mindset.

2 Likes

Don’t disagree here-- Welcome to Blizzard writing.

1 Like