Loot Trading in Classic *updated*

This is great! I raided hardcore back in Vanilla and BC, and we would occasionally accidentally give loot to the wrong person on farm nights, and would have to wait for a GM to fix it. Now legit issues like that can be resolved ourselves, while still keeping the PUG dungeons more fair for everyone.

Now about that AV 1.12…

It dropped when the TBC pre-patch came out, was the only time my guild ever saw shaman gear drop from 40 mans.

1 Like

I like it.

It’s not really an authentic Classic experience if you can trade loot at all, is it?

3 Likes

1. Please change the duration of loot trade from 2 hrs to 5 min…
5 Minutes is way more than enough to fix a mistake in loot distribution.

2. Make the transfer show up as a whisper to all raid members regardless if they are in raid or not. This ensures transparency.

2 Likes

Awesome! This is a terrific compromise, far better than leaving it out entirely.

1 Like

Sequential - Discord channel/Cutting Edge players dedicated to preparing for Classic wow looking for players interested in hitting classic hard we will be forming a Horde Guild on OCE upon release with 80+ members all ready! https:// discord.gg/SHRTAp

On the right track here, but I still see huge potential for abuse of this system. Why the 2 hour window on trading? One person can collect the loot, wait until the end of a raid and distribute items improperly. This completely changes the way looting worked back then. To avoid things like this, why not make the trade-able window no more than 10 minutes?

1 Like

I dont think I saw ANYONE pug MC back in vanilla-- But then again I didn’t really need to find a pug.

What about refunds for accidental purchases?

I prefer golden retrievers myself. Pugs snort too much, might as well buy a pig. I hear they’re pretty smart.

My first MC run was in a group that was organised in “LFG Channel” by some guys who were trying to recruit more for their guild. We got past Magmadar and then fell apart… after 4 hours.

Until this system was implemented ML goofs had to be fixed via GM ticket. Having players get DC’d at the end of a fight or post fight did occur and waiting for them to get back wasn’t always an option given respawn timers.

It’s a feature that won’t negatively impact the experience and reduce GM Ticket congestion.

Love this system change. I was worried about how easy it would’ve been to abuse group loot trading and how it could turn into an auction or unfairly benefit players.

Great outcome to apply it only to raids.

Hey all, just wanted to make everybody aware that we made an update to the original post with the following information:

We saw some confusion about a specific part of this post so we want to be clear that Customer Service will NOT be transferring items in WoW Classic and the system that we outlined will be in the players’ hands. If we were to go down the road of developing a policy on item trading, we believe it would end up allowing the exact same kind of abuse that we are trying to minimize with the 2-hour trade window system which we outlined in the original post.

Ninja looting does have consequences in the community and those who do it will have trouble getting invited to group. In other words: your reputation will matter. Remember to play nice, play fair folks!

39 Likes

Oh snap!

Thanks for the update, Bornakk!

:cocktail:

2 Likes

Will black-listing be allowed by players who see such behaviors? Both via trade chat/Realm forums, or no?

6 Likes

Someone’s working late. :wink:

So it feels like this might confirm the impression that Classic won’t have a plethora of GM staffing assigned to it? We know they have said that tickets surrounding items was a huge burden on GM’s. If they intend to run Classic with the least amount of resources this makes sense. I suspect this would also confirm RCR is going in as well; as it ‘relieves’ some pressure on GM’s to a degree as well.

1 Like

Love this response, no mercy to those that ninja.
Reminds me of old blizz.

3 Likes