Loot Trading in Classic *updated*

I like this idea.

3 Likes

It eliminates backdoor dealings.

If you don’t like the idea of people ninjaing gear you shouldn’t be playing Classic. The system that they’re going to put in place is more than enough to resolve most loot trading issues. If that system doesn’t work the community will take action and the person will be one of the many known ninjas.

5 Likes

This is a thread necro (mini necro maybe) I can get behind.

This is good to hear, but can we get an answer on whether paid server transfers will be available?
Because if they are, in many cases it nullifies the philosophy of players having to maintain a reputation.

3 Likes

Gm staff isn’t really a thing anymore, like for a specific game. I’m not even sure they’re in game anymore with characters.

Most of the GMs I speak with are on the website chat tool. They seem like they can help with a number of things from different games.

Again unsure about all this. But with things like automatic item restore that players can use, seems Blizzard doesn’t have too many actual GMs walking around Azeroth anymore.

Can we get confirmation that name & shame will not be actionable in classic?

If ostracizing ninjas is the answer, we need to be allowed to tell each other who the ninjas are.

13 Likes

I wish our reputation actually mattered in modern WoW. Then maybe we wouldn’t of had personal loot forced upon us.

2 Likes

This made me happy to see

1 Like

To make it stick perhaps make it so name changes cannot be done? After all if someone can just do it and change their name it renders such potential negative impacts moot.

5 Likes

Exactly as I expected. As should be in the case of ninja looting (the community handles it). You all don’t want to be involved in the community’s affairs because you do not have the resources to deal in said affairs. It’s why you put in the loot trading in the first place. To potentially allow us to handle truly accidental looting situations.

Thank for the clarification, and I’m glad that you all have decided to leave us to our own devices (again as it should be in almost all causes, besides account hacking).

2 Likes

Or at the very least, have a public list of name changes. No-one should be changing their name to hide from others.

1 Like

Name changes didn’t exist in Vanilla.

2 Likes

This update does more or less confirm that loot trading was put in because there was going to be no CS, not to make it so we didn’t have to wait for gm intervention.

Don’t get me wrong, loot trading is still terrible, and I’m still against it, and I don’t think they’ve gone far enough in getting rid of it. BUT, $15/month for a game with no ongoing development cost where 99% of the development was already done and paid for 14 years ago should leave some room for a customer service budget.

6 Likes

“Tonight you’re all going to be part of a social experiment…”

3 Likes

Kaivax clarified, UBRS will not count as a raid as it does not have a raid lock.

Expect rampant reserving and GBID pugs.

Nature of the beast now.

That $15 goes towards Retail development.

2 Likes

Agreed my man, people just want to whine. Blizz didn’t create a time machine to put my back in high school in 2004 either so I guess it won’t be actual vanilla. This has such an insignificant impact on the game, basically only pug raids or disgruntled guildmates be negatively affected, whereas everyone that messes up ML will be happy since GMs basically won’t exist.

4 Likes

This is great… assuming naming and shaming isnt bannable like it is on retail.

4 Likes