Update:
Hey folks,
While we do not yet have a resolution, I have word that they may have identified the cause and they are working to mitigate it.
For all impacted by this issue, thank you for your patience. We hope to have everyone in-game and playing as quickly as possible.
Hey all,
We’re aware of the log in issues, including characters not appearing. They are being looked into. As soon as I have an update I’ll pass it along.
Click “Play” on the launcher and it hangs for a bit saying “Logging into Game Server”
After around 5 minutes it loads my character selection screen (Area 52) but the screen is black but most buttons are visible.
After another 5-10 minutes my characters load. I select my main and then the loading bar gets stuck at around 75% for another 5 minutes or so and then I’m disconnected.
As if the delay wasn’t enough! The suspense…
This is Sylvanas’s doing!
Never expected this to happen!
Alot of us are in the same Boat Eilis. Going nuts!
I was trying to log into Horde on Bloodhoof and was “Charater Not Found” - went to Elune and was able to get Alliance to log in. Went back to Bloodhoof and got in 
The more things change, the more they stay exactly the same.
Wish I was surprised at the “character not found” but honestly… WELCOME TO LAUNCH DAY
IDK if this will help, but I can see my characters on lower pop servers like Malygos, Staghelm and Misha. Out of the servers I have characters on, only Stormrage is failing to load a list of characters. It does show (17) at the realm selection screen (although that has gone back and forth tonight, too).
Not sure if this information is helpful but I’m able to play on my druid on Suramar but not able to log in or find characters on Stormrage.
Same ^
(I am on Area 52 also)
Stormrage is getting hit hard it seems. /cry
I know, I just figured I’d detail what I’m seeing for the blues here to pass on.
It’s really frustrating though, same exact thing that happened when Classic launched; black character screen, finally loads, try to log in and disconnect.
Hopefully this doesn’t go on for days (only in prime time though) like it did for Classic.
Just point me to the Refund button
Anyway we can donate to this startup for better servers?
Well, it’s not like we didn’t know it was a freaking enormous server. Probably just the half million people all trying to log into it at once.
Stuck on 80% load screen last 15 minutes. Never had this issue with last 3 expansions on launch. Same realm too.
Are any of us even shocked anymore… spend all day online waiting like everyone said to be kicked and then characters gone but hey the streamers servers are working. Hmm, but we keep the faith, keep throwing money their way to continually be let down and shown that really they don’t give a crap or they would have updated servers long ago. This happens every time idek why I paid for this again.