Key Ring in Classic?

They show up when you actually get a key.

It’s supposed to be in the game, as it’s based on the 1.12 client. I don’t know why they would phase it.

1 Like

According to this thread from the beta forums, it was not in the closed beta as of 3 weeks ago:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/key-ring-missing/194566

That is inaccurate. While there are some keys that do not go in the keyring, many quest related keys do, including Benedict’s.

2 Likes

Soon as you get your first key you’ll see a small tooltip next to your bags and the slots increase the more keys you get. It was always progressive.

Hello!

Yes, we do have the Keyring coming to WoW Classic. It won’t be available at launch, but it will be added in the first patch.

We don’t yet have a timeframe for the first patch.

The Keyring should function as it did in original WoW 1.12, with the same capacity and key compatibility.

84 Likes

So I will need to…put them in my bags? whaaaaaaaaa

2 Likes

Awesome news! Thank you for confirming the details of our beloved keyring Kaivax! Lots of people have been wondering about this.

3 Likes

Sounds awesome

Interesting that they mention patches, instead of phases. What will there be to patch that isn’t in a phase? Very curious to see how patching and phases differ or if they are the same thing.

2 Likes

There will be a lot of bugs to fix post-launch.

Expect everything above level 40 to still be essentially an open Beta.

8 Likes

Any reason for just not throwing it in there in launch? the key ring is pure QOL, it just feels like a weird decision NOT to have it on launch.

They used the modern client which removed the keyring some time ago, and now the current programmers can’t just add it back like flipping on a light switch, they have to go back to the reference client and learn how to do it :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Yay! Gimme back mah keyring!

Not trying to be a downer, but man it really seems like they rushed the release. Not even putting that on the devs. Probably some Activision suit’s decision.

4 Likes

You can’t have your cake and eat it too. There are hordes of people screaming for classic to be released as soon as possible. Those people are more than happy to wait for minor stuff to be added in later, if it means they get their game sooner.

4 Likes

I think it was a dedicated player base decision. There is way too much hype, which leads to way too much demand, which leads to way too much pressure. If they had kept the information under wraps until it was time to release, they would have a fully functional product.

1 Like

That’s how it was until the keyring was added like 5-6 patches in.

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up.

Good question, how could I forget that.