https://strawpoll.com/polls/2ayLWe2JqZ4/results

4. MMO - 500 replies
    70% for RDF
    30% against RDF

5. WOWLOGS - 26k replies.
    https://imgur.com/a/BmkIqGg

Enjoy.

40 Likes

I think at this point it’s very obvious the majority want RDF, but Blizzard have already made the decision to go ahead without it by doubling down in the recent wowhead interview.

It’s a bummer, but I’ve recently changed my stance from Pro-RDF to thinking this is a blessing in disguise; I won’t be playing nearly as much with the removal of it :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

Yep.

its how I stayed in retail longer than I should have lol.

Load up pvp. load up lfd, if frisky lfr.

take the pops as they came up. while being social. The waits lists I was on. now I can talk till pops.

Okay trade chat…what’s the crap topic of they day. Yes! Its thunder fury rename night. Lets see some good ones y’all.

even with most of 9.2 not played much (one char saw pelegos promoted…that check mark in the box done). after that…RNG decided my path. and it was fine.

I could have farmed ZM. I could have also called up a dentist for an unneeded root canal. the latter would have been more fun oddly enough.

3 Likes

None of those are good surveys because they do the same “pick your poison” options Blizzard does. Where’s the option to stop ignoring realm populations? To connect realms? Or what about enabling LFD on low realms only? Why is it all realms or no realms? Where’s the “LFD only as a last resort” option?

The real problem is the realm populations and the difficulty getting groups. Treating a symptom of this problem (LFD) might help and be better than nothing, but it is not a cure. It also brings problems of its own which we don’t need.

Bottom line is that Blizzard needs to simply connect the realms like classic already has. Show me a survey with that option on it, and I’ll vote. I’m not voting in any of those trash ones.

1 Like

when talking about the size of the playerbase vs your sample sizes esp the 500/300 ones your sample sizes are to small to be worth anything at all.

The 28000 one is more reasonable but still to small to be represenative and with the %s being not that far off only 12% over 50% its not overwelmingly in support. When adding in bias due to the ones that tend to vote tend to be those that want change as there the ones that will care that ratio really dosent lead to any meaningfull data and at best suggests the community is spilt.

Im personally in favor of RDF but your polls in this case have shown next to nothing.

3 Likes

Not the op with polls though.

But yeah…the best people to do this right…won’t do it. Looking at you blizzard. Maybe use some R at least to make it legit. I am a purist there.

R at least gives it that pro look. Not the look that says yeah…we gave this to an intern who did basic means analysis in excel in between coffee runs for the office lol.

1 Like

Even if it is 70/30, that’s still 10’s of thousands of players who don’t want it. It’s enough to justify not having it. If it was 95/5 maybe.

Personally, I think the results are heavily biased. The decision not to include random dungeon finder has already been made. People who do not support random dungeon finder, RDF, are not actively seeking out these polls to vote in. The players that want random dungeon finder added are the ones searching for these polls to vote in.

2 Likes

They said they’d listen to community so it should matter.

1 Like

They are listening the the community, the 30%

Kekw

4 Likes

You do realize that a lot of researchers would kill for any of these sample sizes right? When a sample size is taken it generally isn’t that big for a majority of things… that is far more important than “Do you want RDF or not”.

You extrapolate from the data you get… you don’t attempt to get the entire player base to vote… just doesn’t work that way. Even Blizzard’s internal sample sizes don’t do it that way… as we can’t forget that whenever they send out a survey it is to a small set of players… probably handpicked to shoot whatever data they specifically want to push something… but whatever.

Ultimately the point is… all polls everywhere show that 60-70% of the player base wants RDF while 30-40 of the player base do not want it. With a 5-10% not caring in the event that it is a given choice. While that isn’t definitive. It never will be, but you can find that it is consistent across the board… likely meaning it is true.

As for 62% not being overwhelming it is. That is around 4000 more players wanting it than not… nearly a third of the players that didn’t want it extra… if a third of something extra isn’t overwhelming what would be…

5 Likes

Dry that one out, you can fertilize the lawn.

Majority isn’t always right. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thanks for putting all these clown polls in one thread, not half the people who are against LFD took part in these survey.

This go around in Wrath without RDF I think I will just focus on PVP. At least BGs will still be q able and then I can go farm mats while waiting for it to pop. I’ll only heal dungeons that have something specific I need instead of doing them for something different.

1 Like

It’s a bummer, but I’ve recently changed my stance from Pro-RDF to thinking this is a blessing in disguise; I won’t be playing nearly as much with the removal of it :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup. Today is my last day of subscription time. Usually I have quite a bit of FOMO when weighing whether or not I should re-up another 6 months. Not this time. Until Blizz announces they’ve changed their minds, I’m just done. No hard feelings Blizz. You do you. Cheers.

/10char

1 Like

This.

Those who are fine without LFD don’t have the same incent to answer every polls as those who want it to be added.

2 Likes

National opinion polls range from 1,000-2,000 people…that’s for a population of like 300 million people…28k is WAY more than enough.

4 Likes

I think it says more about the way the data will trend.

So if you poll 30,000 people and 70% are for it.

It’s safe to assume that if you did it to another 30,000 people it would be the same outcome.

3 Likes