I compiled a list of polls on RDF - the majority wants RDF

It entirely depends on how the data was obtained. We have zero methods and materials for these polls. Are the people who conducted them pro-RDF or anti-RDF? Is there implicit bias in the sample? Quick question for you, is WiLLE pro-RDF? or anti-RDF? Has he made videos criticizing this decision? If yes… then is it really that shocking that the people who are pro-RDF voted so favorably in that poll?

The problem with using this sort of data like this and presenting it as scientific, is that you’re in no way being scientific or critical in your evaluation of it.

See the XKCD comment linked above…

It doesn’t need to be all scientific it needs to have voters who actually play the game which is what those polls have.

3 Likes

You are absolutely correct—how the poll was conducted is just as important, if not more, than getting a proper sample size.

So if they place a poll on wowprogress about whether the devs should prioritize PvP in the game, you don’t think that sample will in anyway be biased against PvP? What about vice versa? Getting a sample off one of the more popular PvP websites about whether the devs put too much focus on PvE? What about a Raider.io sample to discuss raiding?

You’re saying those are all representative samples of the content they’re supposedly representing? Afterall… they all play the game?

Also… how did you confirm that anyone in those polls actually play the game?!

Idk I would assume if they are watching a Wow YouTuber I’d assume they play wow??

I don’t watch bingo streams and vote about bingo stuff cuz I don’t play bingo, that aside it’s still far more data than Blizzard has sent out.

You could poll multiple places where wow is like these forums and the majority of voters are for RDF.

You can deny the data all you want and say it wasn’t done properly.

It wouldn’t be any different if wow actually sent polls out.

1 Like

Wow, people arguing about the validity of these polls because the results don’t match what they want. Shocking.

People don’t seem to understand what a sample poll is. By the way, 28k is a HUGE sample relative to the size of Classic’s playerbase. Much higher percent than is standard.

9 Likes

Don’t worry they’re going to tell you it was just computer hackers who were bored who don’t play WoW sitting around tampering with the data.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

People will argue the fact, even if RDF is over turned. People will argue and argue until they can’t anymore and then they will argue some more. It is all pointless and it’s why I don’t see this place as having any value to talking about RDF topics.

1 Like

Blizzard is really really good at killing their own game so there’s no way they listen so you are right these topics are pointless

Yes, people come here to argue. This is the WoW forums, and that’s why it exists. There’s no actual dialogue here. No back and forth of ideas. No open mindedness or willingness to even conceptualize the other side’s perspective. It’s just arguing to argue.

What astounds me is Blizzard’s ability to create this drama. They made this an issue. It really takes talent to manufacture this kind of chaos and turmoil out of thin air. It almost seems like they just want the playerbase angry and at each other’s throats. Why do they make issues out of things that aren’t issues? They did the same thing with flying.

FFS Blizzard, you had a clear cut winner in Wrath Classic. All you had to do was NOTHING. And you couldn’t manage that.

2 Likes

I just think the forums and a few other places are a hamster wheel for these discussions. I can have a perfectly civil talk on these subjects other places but if I try here well other posters can’t handle it (and I sometimes can’t reading their posts. I’m not perfect, far from it.) Some people go out of their way to troll and it isn’t a good environment for anything but pure chaos. And I find it funny that this is where we are supposed to talk about these subjects. Blizzard directs us here for feedback. Just why?

I think they are trying to correct the a problem that was seen by many as a reason the game started to be less about the mmorpg aspects that made the game fun, to me at least, in the first place.

You’re correct, A or B isn’t all that satisfactory in a case like this is it. There are ways to implement group finding without trashing the classic feeling of the game. RDF with a server only option I think is a good solution.

Lower pop realms definitely need help and maybe sharding for those servers is the best answer, but I remember hating sharding on my original vanilla account. It was like playing with a bunch of ghosts that would vanish the moment the dungeon was over. For me at least, once that happened I stopped caring about logging in and quit.

lol, haha.

lol

1 Like

Look at the pathetic peddlers of LFD try to grasp at anything they can to get their system craft added to the game.

Thank god blizzard sees through it. Can’t wait for wrath without RDF!

Consolidate the outrage. Easier to just ignore one place.

You mean get it into a game that it was already in?

2 Likes

Why sully the first couple patches with something that didn’t exist until almost the last content patch though. That’d be like having the sunwell badge vendor up in P1!

Yeah, people like to purposefully misconstrue the vernacular.

Blizz wouldn’t be adding LFD to Wrath. It’s already part of Wrath. They simply wouldn’t be removing it. That would be the proper way to describe the situation.

The polls you linked are easily manipulated i could vote multiple times on them with a vpn, or set up a bot program to do it thosands of times, heck the polls could be rigged from setup if the maker is bias and make it so for every “no” vote, it will automatically generate a “yes” vote, heck an outside bot can be made to do this as well.

Everyone loves linking polls as evidence, yet all of the polls they link can easily be manipulated.

Its not a part of wotlkc though.

They are technically different games. Just as classic wasnt a carbon copy of vanilla, nor tbcc for tbc.