[H-RP Support Group] New to MG Horde (NMGH) for rookies and veterans!

“Welcome, proud citizens of the Horde! It is with great honor that we present this meeting place of spiritual communion, bringing together our wisdom from our young and old, to pay respect to our ancestors-”

<Flywheel paused mid-speech as a goblin in a pointed hat trundled past on a tricycle with streamers, honking a squeaky horn>

“Yes, as I was saying…welcome! Make yourself at home. If you’ve been lost on a lonely road, let us provide you with sanctuary.”

The New to MG Horde (NMGH) discord support group is proud to re-launch and continue its function in welcoming new players and characters to MG Horde! In addition, we also encourage veteran Horde players (some of which may be Mentors) to join the group to provide advice, resources, and even recruit for their guilds!

Discord link here:

https://discord.gg/SmRpCfS

If you’re looking for a home for your new Horde alt, or want a complete change of scenery from MG Alliance or another server - this is the place to go!

5 Likes

Here’s a little bit on the history of this group.

• As a community, we’ve fought long and hard to stop referrals away from MG Horde. Rather, we’ve encouraged people to help MG Horde’s small population grow and to try out some of our public RP events. This strategy is slowly gaining momentum!

• One of the big differences between MG Alliance and MG Horde is the size of the population. After going through some really rough times with people abandoning the server and veterans hanging on for dear life, MG Horde rallied together its survivors and built a “from the ground up” tight community foundation from which it could recover. (Credit here to Jimlok, who created The Unified Horde);

• The NMGH discord was originally founded in September 2018 as the Alliance to Horde Re-roll Support Group (AHRSG);

• In its beginning months, there was quite a bit of friction between MG Alliance veterans and AHRSG, who did not want their Alliance-dominated server to become Horde-dominated. However, through a lengthy debate, it was ascertained that the goal of MG Horde is not to outnumber their Alliance counterparts, but rather, provide a bit more balance. At the time, the server population ratio for end game characters was 80% Alliance and 20% Horde. The Horde population had dropped from 25% to 20% over the last few years and would have continued to fall if we had not done something! You can read the forum thread here:
    LF Alliance to re-roll as Horde

• The Horde Guild Expo (hosted by Flywheel) was a monthly event created to help newcomers and existing members of the Horde community find a guild and also interact and make allies. This event is now incorporated into the Orgrimmar Market and Guild Expo (hosted by Mirchea) which runs on every 3rd Sunday of the month at 7pm;

• As traction began to slow a little, a new forum thread was posted to try and motivate our efforts, encouraging members to ‘pledge’ their loyalty to help Horde grow and prosper. Link to forum thread here:
    MG Horde needs YOU to help it grow and prosper

• The name was later changed to New to MG Horde (NMGH) as it became apparent that a lot of our new joins were not Alliance re-rolls at all, but rather, transfers from other servers looking to make contacts, and also folks returning from hiatus wanting to re-connect with the community;

• Unrelated to this group, but relevant to the efforts of the MG Horde Community, Jab’trah and his allies launch a new MG Horde community nexus, called The Coalition of the Horde (as an alternative to the Unified Horde group). This group was publicly announced on 18 Oct 2020, and is unofficially allied with NMGH. We encourage our folks to join both;
    The Coalition of the Horde - MG Horde RP Community

• After taking a break and the discord going through a somewhat quiet period, I (Flywheel) have decided to overhaul the group and breathe new life into it. I am looking for new joins and lots of volunteers!

[Posted on a Flywheel alt]

2 Likes

What are the functions of the New to MG Horde (NMGH) support group?

Our roles are many and varied, but basically can be surmised as “make it easier for newcomers to feel comfortable”.

One of the complaints voiced by people trying MG Horde for the first time was that it felt ‘closed off’ or ‘cliqued’ and that it was very hard to engage in random walk-up because everyone seemed to know each other and/or wasn’t interested in interacting with strangers. NMGH is intended to help dispel that stigma!

MG Horde’s strong community is built from trials and obstacles, some of which are described in the history post above. But rather than be a deterrent, we would like our strong sense of community to be an asset. Let NMGH help YOU become part of our community and get to know everyone!

So here’s what we’d like to provide:

1. A place to introduce yourself from IC and/or OOC perspective. Many people like to describe their background i.e. what they have played before, where they have come from, how long they’ve been playing WoW, if they’ve come back from hiatus etc. We encourage new joins to do this in the “Introduce Yourself” channel;

2. Character Profiles - is a channel where you can post about your Horde character. For example, you might like to write a description of your character (and ask for feedback or ideas). You might like to post some character artwork or a screenshot of your new transmog.

3. Acceptance. After you have decided on your choice of Horde character, we will assign you a discord role based on your character race. This will help you to identify other group members that enjoy a similar style of RP and may give you some ideas about which guilds will be suitable;

4. Talk in General chat with other like-minded people. There’s something very reassuring about being in the same boat as other people. You can ask for advice or directions, or where to find the RP hubs on MG Horde. Or just chat about your day or what you think of the latest expansion.

5. Request a starter package. Stocked full with gold and bags to help get you started without the pain of being broke! These are provided by our awesome Horde veterans (also called Horde Caretakers or Mentors on NMGH).

6. Start or join a guild. One of the main functions of NMGH is to provide a place where you can easily make connections and figure out which guild your character would be most suited to. We also provide support and guidance (from established GMs) for new guilds that are just starting up and looking for ways to grow their membership. Joining a guild on MG Horde is obviously not compulsory, but it is a good way to you to meet other people;

7. Look for RP partners. Sometimes you don’t want to join a guild, but just RP one on one with another person. The “looking for rp” channel provides a place where you can describe what you’re looking for and suggest suitable times for a get-together;

8. Set up or advertise public RP or guild events. This is a great place to learn about MG Horde events or find participants for an event you are hosting. Don’t be shy! The key to a successful event is letting everyone know that it’s happening. Use NMGH as an avenue for your advertising needs;

9. Ask questions. Feel free to ask about how to RP your character (use the RP lore questions channel). Horde has many races and each has a rich culture that can be challenging to RP when you first get started. No need to go it alone. Ask people that have been doing this for years! You can also ask for help with quests or put together a dungeon group;

10. Make a difference and help the MG Horde community. Once you’ve got your feet firmly planted, help to provide advice to new people joining the discord server. You can also request (or be asked) to become a Mentor, which means accepting referrals for questions about your particular niche of RP.

2 Likes

New to MG Horde (NMGH) is looking for Mentors!

Are you a person that is invested into a particular Horde race or style of RP? NMGH is looking for Horde players that can provide guidance to our newer members of the community.

How to become a NMGH Mentor:

• Join up to the NMGH discord https://discord.gg/SmRpCfS
  • Let Flywheel know your speciality race or RP style (message Flywheel#4087)
  • Answer any questions by players about that race or RP style
  • Optional: join discussions about management of the discord

Race-specific mentors we have so far are listed below (I need some volunteers, please raise your hands!):

ORC:
MAG’HAR ORC:
TROLL: Jab’trah
ZANDALARI TROLL:
TAUREN: Kothuul
HIGHMOUNTAIN: Kothuul
BLOOD ELF: Mirchea
NIGHTBORNE:
UNDEAD:
GOBLIN: Flywheel
VULPERA:
PANDAREN:

In addition, or instead of, Mentors can also choose to specify in a particular STYLE OF HORDE RP. Some examples of Horde-specific styles of RP are listed below:

• Orcish military RP (e.g. Kor’kron Legion)
  • Tribal and voodoo RP (e.g. Zul’gurub)
  • Shamanic and clan RP (e.g. Shadowmoon Clan)
  • Scourge RP (either as Scourge or fighting against)
  • Arachaeology RP (e.g. The Reliquary)
  • Apothecaries (e.g. Royal Apothecary Society)
  • Elven military RP (e.g. Thalassian Army)
  • The San’lyn (WoW’s version of vampires)
  • Merchant/vendor RP (e.g. Smokywood Pastures) - Flywheel
  • Wyvern or dragon tamers (e.g. Dragonmaw Clan)
  • Death Knight RP (e.g. Ebon Blade) - Mirchea
  • Travel, adventure, and caravan RP (e.g. Vol’dun)
  • Holy priests and paladins (e.g. The Sunreavers)
  • Warlock den (e.g. Council of the Black Harvest)
  • Cult RP (e.g. Twilight Hammer)
  • Dinosaur and Loa RP (e.g. Bwomsandi)
  • Horde thieves’ guild (e.g. Shattered Hand)
  • Tidesages (undead Kul Tirans found in Stormsong Valley)
  • Cooking or drinking society (e.g. Master of Pandaren Cooking)
  • Pirate RP (e.g. Bloodsail Buccaneers)
  • Neutral RP (e.g. Argent Crusade) - Mirchea

(Please feel free to speak up and add your own if your chosen style isn’t listed here!)

2 Likes

New to MG Horde (NMGH) provides support for new guilds!

As a way of helping our community, NMGH have provided a list of fresh MG Horde guilds that would love to have you sign up and join!

Note: while that these guilds may be small, they are full of enthusiasm! For a list of more established guilds, please check out the Guild Finder in game tool.

The Eagletotem Tribe
Type: RP
Theme: Tauren and Highmountain exclusive
A place for the Shu’halo and their cousins, the Taunka and the Highmountain, to honor their ancestors and return to a more nomadic way of life. To support the High Chieftain in his endeavor to return the Horde to an honorable one, the Eagletotem will do everything within its power to help.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/h-rp-the-eagletotem-tribe-is-recruiting/729856

Watchful Eye Clan
Type: Casual RP and raiding
Theme: Orcish, Troll, and Tauren, all cultures are welcome
As a guild our goals are to field a fairly casual based raid team and build an enjoyable RP community with story and location-based events that everyone can get involved with. We are interested in recruiting raiders, RPers, PvPers, and any combination. There are no hard requirements to raid or RP, just participate in whichever aspects of the game you enjoy. The most important thing is finding folks that mesh well with our group.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/h-pverp-watchful-eye-clan/725691

The Undercouncil
Theme: Undead/forsaken RP
A new guild conceived by a group of roleplayers on Moon Guard who missed the aesthetic and story of an undead focused RP group. The Undercouncil seeks to revitalize the Undead RP community; therefore, they also seek to improve the quality of Roleplay in the Horde server-wide.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-undercouncil-a-new-undead-rp-guild/688967

Reapers of Bwomsandi
Theme: Loa worship (specifically Bwomsandi) and death rituals
A Bwonsamdi-focussed troll society led by Ahmanet Sam’de. The Sam’de Clan has a monarchic Priesthood where the High Priest/ess is treated like royalty and so is referred to as ‘your Majesty’. They are separate from the Zandalari royal family, but are somewhat forced to serve them due to Bwonsamdi’s bloodline pact with Rastakhan**
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/au-fanfiction-meeting-the-father/721352

Court of Adjudication
Theme: Venthyr Covenant of Revendreth
Our intended environment will involve- Social Court (The theme does come from a land of Aristocratic Vampires, after all!). Tracking down big time sinners (NPC characters made specifically for our storylines) and helping them atone. Do we fall to torture and suffering, or are there reformists who nudge things to more peaceful absolution?! Joining in on major Server Campaigns to keep war crimes to a minimum (yeah, we know about the War Crimes at past events!) and more!
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/h-rp-court-of-adjudication/649270

Please contact these guilds directly if possible, or message Flywheel#4087 on discord if you are having trouble finding people.

Also please let me know if you have made a new guild and would like to be listed here!

1 Like

(Phew, I’m done for now - I need a nap after all that writing! Please post your comments, feedback, recommendations etc. What would make MG Horde better for YOU?)

Thank you for including The Eagletotem Tribe in this! Awesome work and I cannot wait to see where this takes the Horde Roleplay community!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for listing my Guild on here Flywheel! I’m hoping to get some new members and eventually start some events soon! :heart:

3 Likes

Anytime guys. Happy to help!

1 Like

Not a Hordie myself but this is a really great effort and I wish you guys the best of luck in building up the community Horde-side :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Nearo!

It’s been great seeing lots of new people coming into the discord and having a chat to us. No need to play alone. Meet some great folks and become part of a lively community. For the Horde!

1 Like

Flywheel is a good bean and has done a ton to help our community; as a fairly active member myself, I’m a little surprised this has been around since 2018 and this forum thread is the first time I’ve heard of it! Regardless, I’ve hopped in and joined - I’d greatly encourage other Horde veterans to do so as well, and of course, people new to Horde!

Seriously - MG Horde is pretty accepting and easy-going. We don’t bite!

3 Likes

Mirchea has been a big help to NMGH already. Thanks so much for all your support! Also Kothuul, who is one of our new mentors.

At the moment, we just trying to stir up a little more traffic and conversation through the discord. A lot of new folks are really shy! So don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Also, yes! You can totally use NMGH to find groups for World Quests or dungeons. I myself run a number of events for my guild, so whenever we need a fill-in for a pve group, my first stop will be NMGH. I’d much rather invite a person from my own server than some rando that I’ll never see again.

We are also working to bring MG Horde more community public RP events! However, we know that a lot of people are busy working through new Shadowlands content at the moment, so we’ll wait until the initial excitement and rush from that has died down a little.

In the meanwhile, please drop by and say hi! We are happy to help people find new guilds and/or a starter package to help find your feet on Horde side. We have a unique community like nowhere else, and we’d love to share it with you.

3 Likes

New to MG Horde (NMGH) has seen plenty of action lately!

We’ve welcomed lots of new folks - including blood elves, tauren, orcs, and a goblin!

NMGH is also hosting its biggest public RP event yet. You can read about For the Hungry! in a separate thread here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/h-rp-event-for-the-hungry-winters-veil-edition/746670

The sign up deadline for being a host is approaching fast on 10 December, so don’t muck around!

Mirchea has also started a new community calendar channel that is regularly updated, so you can know all about the events coming up on MG Horde - right at your fingertips.

Sick of getting sharded on large population servers? Come to MG Horde which has a smaller population and no pesky sharding!!

What more could you ask for? Start thinking about rolling up a character on MG Horde today! Discord link: https://discord.gg/SmRpCfS

(Posted on a Flywheel alt)

2 Likes

Alright you convinced me. I was going to roll me Tauren druid on WrA. Haven’t played Horde since 2010. And obviously (on ER), I like smaller communities.

Thanks for the sales pitch. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:alarm_clock: Moon Guard Horde Community News Bulletin! :alarm_clock:

Community groups, past and upcoming events, guild news and more!
(Brought to you by NMGH)

=December 2020 Edition=

It has been a big week for the MG Horde community! I’ve put together a news bulletin so that people can stay up to date with all that’s been happening and how MG Horde has been improving.

• Many of us celebrated as our community-produced MG Horde guild listing thread officially became a forum sticky! We hope that this high visibility spot will encourage more people to check out what we have on offer. In addition, we have noticed a lot more Horde guilds now advertising on forums. A coincidence? You decide!

• There’s talk of also trying to get Jab’trah’s forum thread of MG discords and communities stickied. However, due to the current workload of Blizzard’s GMs, this may be postponed until the hype of Shadowlands dies down. Meanwhile, the directory is getting heaps of views!

• Flywheel discovered Krok’thar’s Orgrimmar Outreach Program, which is a discord dedicated to helping MG Horde create random walk up RP and also plan events. Anyone who’s anyone should join up! Link here: https://discord.gg/BWBtSGb

• A vulpera named Shaenis, who is also GM of a Alliance guild on MG, has started an in-game community called Horde Roleplay Restoration. The goal of this community is to encourage guilds on both factions to get involved in cross faction RP!

• One of our beloved MG Horde GMs, dear Tyrinade, has been unwell. We wish her a speedy recovery and lots of love and support from the MG Horde family.

• Three of our newest guilds, Watchful Eye Clan, The Eagletotem Tribe and Reapers of Bwomsandi have been doing well and recruiting a nice foundation of members as they become established. It is great to see these guys updating their recruitment threads, and getting involved in the community and coming to our events.

• Unfortunately no updates for a little while from Court of Adjudication or The Undercouncil. We hope you are all doing well, and please reach out if we can help you guys in any way!

• Regarding the older, more established guilds, we welcome back The Sunsworn who have recently re-opened their doors again to new recruits. This busy blood elf-themed guild manages to balance RP with a heroic raid team.

• The Argent Advance has been leading some public RP events leading up to the launch of Shadowlands. If you like d20 campaigns, definitely get in contact with Mirchea for the next one.

• Branching out from it’s home server of WrA, we are intrigued to see what the Sunreavers have to offer our Horde community. This MG division of a much larger enterprise has run many large scale events, and is well known in RP circles.

• Flashbang Exports has had some teething issues this week as we restructure get ourselves back on the right tracks. The guild is hoping to gather 20 goblin guild members to obtain the Glory of the Draenor Raider guild achievement these holidays.

• We congratulate our raiding guilds for their progress into Shadowlands! The Oathsworn Vigil is now 6/10N, 1/10H. Whelming Odds is also well underway and on the lookout for more DPS. Shadow Blades is looking for healers and Prolific is looking to fill all roles for heroic raids and mythic+ dungeons.

• The Orgrimmar Market and Guild Expo is coming up at 7pm on Friday 20 December! This awesome monthly public RP event is hosted by Mirchea. Keep an eye out for date changes for January.

• Silvermoon City Marketplace is presenting the Silvermoon City Tavern Tour every Thursday from 8:30pm. See Luneth if you’d like some more details and to join the event discord.

• The Month’s End Brawl is coming up on the last Friday of December at 8pm. These d20 fight battles are lots of fun! Hosted by Corta and held in the Temple of the Jade Serpent, Pandaria.

• For the Hungry! is a public RP event happening on Tuesday Dec 22nd, starting at 7pm. Hosted by Flywheel and the crew of NMGH, there will a ton of food for the homeless and neglected - and anyone that just likes to socialise!

• Reva is hosting a cross-faction event, the Winter Veil Market and Gala, which will take place at the Shado Pan Monastery on December 19-20. Includes a date auction! Bring your Elixir of Tongues.

• Our other regular events are still going in full swing: Stonewind Tribe Storytelling, Sunday Sermons, and the Flashbang Tavern Night are continuing in their regular time slots throughout Shadowlands.

• In other event news, Mirchea is cooking up a fancy new website that will showcase all our upcoming Horde and neutral events and hopefully persuade even more participants to come along!

If you would like to find out more information about any of these news items, please join us on the NMGH discord. We are happy to answer all your questions and help you find your new home on MG Horde.
https://discord.gg/SmRpCfS

2 Likes

You’re a treasure, Fly. <3 I’ll be sure to update you on that website + other calendar goodies and I’ll probably make a forum thread 'bout it, too!

2 Likes

WOOHOO!

why do I suddenly have the urge to dance on the AH mailbox?

Thank you soo much for mentioning my guild! It feels great to have something like it be mentioned on here! :heart:

You’re welcome Ahmanet. Happy to help.

Mostly I just combed through forums to find news items, but some of it is from discord as well.

I might make it a regular thing, we’ll see. Depends how much happens over the next few weeks!

I’m just excited that MG Horde is recovering, and while our growth might be slow, our folks have really shown a lot of strength, resilience, and determination.

Keep up the great work guys.

1 Like