[AU Fanfiction] Meeting the father

Meeting the Father (written by me)

Warning: Long!

:asterisk: Note: this takes place in a (somewhat) AU version of WoW, so not everything will be Lore-accurate. Please don’t get mad at me, ok? :asterisk:

This is a small story I wrote about my character meeting her ‘real’ father. Now, I’m no writer so please, please excuse any mistakes I’ve made.

Edit: I just realized that I posted this on my Garrosh character , not my Moon Guard one. Sorry about that lol

“Blood trolls! They’re nearin’ de ruins! Weapons at da ready! For da Night Father!” The warleader shouted, raising his sword in the air. There was a thundering of many feet as the Sam’de guards charged at the approaching Blood trolls. Battle cries and steel hitting flesh could be heard. This was the second time in one week that they invaded, but they were used to it. Many would die, and many would meet Bwonsamdi. But this was life for the clan. They lived, fought and died for him. Such was their way of Life and Death.

Ahmanet Sam’de was her name. She was a rare occurrence. It is said that Loa rarely have children and if they do, they’re one-of-a-kind. And she was blessed by Bwonsamdi, or so the clan said. She was a ‘Daughter of the Graves’ a troll seemingly undead, but still partially alive. Her heart did beat in her chest, but the cold chill of Necrotic energy infused her flesh. Silver and sunlight were harmful to her, but not deadly. Her skin was soft and pale, with small veins visible here and there. Glowing bone tattoos covered most of her body, and even glowed through her clothes. She lacked the teal sclera and irises of a normal Zandalari, instead having pure black eyes with pale blue irises and slit pupils. Her darkvision was exceptional, and she could almost make out tiny spiders crawling on the walls of the courtyard at night. She had pale hair like her mother, with the bottom of it black, like her father. But she’d never seen her father before. Her mother always spoke of how lovely he was, and that he was so tall he towered over even the tallest Zandalari in her clan. His hair was said to be such a dark blue it almost appeared black.

Her mother, Sayrah’nah Sam’de, was a High Priestess of Bwonsamdi. She was a frequent visitor to him, one who was brave enough to actually go near the ghastly temple and enter it. She often brought offering of apples, blood rum and even smoking herbs. Bwonsamdi always enjoyed the little offerings, and over time, he began to form a deep friendship with her. The two often held each others hands and pressed their lips together. A sign of affection, and one that would lead to something incredible. One fateful night, the Loa of death himself invited her to his ‘private quarters’ deep in the temple. He took her hand, and led her towards a large room lit only by magical torches. In the center of the room was an expensive-looking golden bed. Blankets and sheets as dark as the night covered the mattress. Shimmering embroidery danced along the edges of the main blanket on top. Sayrah’nah had never seen anything like it! With a smile, Bwonsamdi walked over to the bed and slid himself underneath the covers. He gave her a sly wink. Blood flushed in her cheeks as she stepped towards the bed and did the same. Bwonsamdi offered his hand to her, and she placed hers in his. he whispered something to her, placing a bony hand on her cheek and kissing it. Sayrah’nah moved closer to him, and leaned on his chest. He wrapped one of his massive arms around her waist. This night would soon be one of many.

And months later, Sayrah’nah was pregnant. The Priests were confused and some even horrified at how this had happened to her. Distraught, and even regretful, Sayrah’nah fled to the deep swamp. There, she lived as a hermit. But her life wasn’t easy. She frequently vomited, cried and felt dizzy all the time. After a little while, she decided to travel to Zuldazar to consult the Royal doctors. Their magic was extremely strong, but they could not reveal how she became pregnant. Even through begging and gold payment, they just wouldn’t say. The head doctor suddenly got extremely hostile and demanded she left his hut or he’d force her out. A snarl was in her throat but she obeyed and stomped out of the stone building, clutching her stomach. There was a sudden rustling of leaves as a raven flew overhead. When Sayrah’nah turned her head to look up, her vision felt… blocked. Something was covering her face. Gingerly, she touched what appeared to be a letter. As she lifted it off her face, the seal of the Sam’de clan caught her eyes. Sayrah’nah bit her lip. She knew this meant her clan wanted to see her again. Closing her eyes, she lifted the seal and unfolded the letter.

"High Priestess. The last few days have been…interesting to say the least. The Lord of Death has been in an extremely aggrivated mood since you left, your Majesty. He seems to refuse to speak to any of our priests. We think its because of you . Will you return home and answer our call? ~Zak’ta "

She squeezed her eyes tightly shut. Her jaw clenched, but she felt pain doing so and unclenched it. “Why? What would dey want of my condition?”, she thought. Exhailing sharply, she began to walk towards the bridge nearby. The jungle heat took a toll on her. She perferred the damp and cold, as did her daughter. The Sam’de weren’t the kind of trolls to like it either. In fact, the closer one is to Bwonsamdi, the more they detested warmth and bright light.A young Zandalari male with hair the color of fresh straw tended to some pterrodaxxes up ahead. He jumped a bit when he saw the pale Zandalari woman, with her braids and pale hair. Before he could even open his mouth, Sayrah’nah reached out her hand uptured towards him. Several golden coins were in her palm. “I’d like to take a Pterrodaxx to Nazmir please” The Zandalari male lifted an eyebrow “Ya want to go to that cursed swamp? You’re cra-” “Oh, for de love of de Loa! Just send me there!” Sayrah’nah interrupted rudly. He sighed and shook his head. There was a slight jingling sound as he dropped the coins into a small pouch hanging at his side. He stepped back, hands up, and let the irritated troll woman sit herself on one of his winged beasts. The air thundered as the creature took flight, and started to soar above the trees. “Nazmir, please”, she said into the pterrodaxx’s ear. A squawk. She assumed it meant yes. The journey there took several hours, and the sun was nearing the horizon as she neared the border of the swamp. Squinting, she could see a small guardpost up ahead where royal retainers kept watch to make sure travellers were safe. Of course, these days it was harder with all of the blood troll attacks. Sayrah’nah was surprised the two trolls were even alive. She rolled her eyes. Air whipped past the troll woman’s ears as her mount started to fly a bit slower. Looking down, there were some small ruins closeby. Several statues of Bwonsamdi littered the ruins, most broken and descrated, but still incredible looking.

She was home.

The foul stench of swamp water filled her nose as the pterrodax landed at the entrance to Zo’bal, her clan’s home. As her feet touched the ground, she noticed that a few Zandalari trolls clothed in dark navy robes were looking at her. One of them came to her and kneeled “High Priestess! Ya be back. De heard doctor wants to see ya” Sayrah’nah smirked and flicked her hand in the air. He nodded and stood back up. “Oh. What does he have ta say? Does he know what caused my condition” she questioned. The navy-robed trolls started to pace towards a small stone hut. They gestured for her to follow. The air in the hut appeared cold. Looking around she eyed an impossibly large troll with strange bony ‘wings’ jutting out from his upper back. It was Bwonsamdi. “Sweetie.” she began “Why ya be here? De dead be callin’ you” Bwonsamdi shook his head. Sayrah’nah noticed how the smoke coming from his eyes flicked as he did so. “I did it. It be me who did it” He turned around, rotted strands of flesh stretching around his cheeks as he clenched his teeth together. “I though it be…impossible” Sayrah’nah felt a tear welling up in her eye. She buried her face in her hands. “Loa forgive me!” she sobbed. There was a feeling of cold on her skin as a body hand touched her wrist. “But I do. I be havin’ no idea how de child will end up, but I hope she’s as beautiful as you” Bwonsamdi did his best to smile. Sayrah’nah wiped a tear from her eyes and blushed a bit. “And even though dey not be forgivin’ me, I forgive ya” Bwonsamdi ‘closed’ his eyes and sighed. The lights in the hut dimmed for a moment. “But. I think I better be goin now. Wait here, ok?” The air shivered, and Bwonsamdi went translucent and blue, then faded away.

“Back to his temple” thought Sayrah’nah. “Oh, dere ya are!” she turned to see a tall Zandalari wearing a bone mask. He was Zak’ta, the clan’s doctor. “It be good to see ya too, doctor. So, you know?” Zak’ta rested a hand on his chin for a moment “Indeed, indeed. Ya pregnancy be unusual, but not fatal” he said calmly. “Oh? That’s good ta know” The doctor nodded, a small grin forming on his face. “But. Ya have to… ‘feed’ on souls and possibly blood for a while” he weakly whistled through his teeth. Sayrah’nah widened her eyes “Is de child…undead?”. Her face went pale. Zak’ta looked at her concernedly. He appeared to be holding a small jar in his hand “Yes… De reason why ya have been feeling sick is because ya child needs subsistence. And because ya be pregnant. Heh heh heh” She looked at the tiny jar in the doctor’s hands. “What is that? Medicine?”. He placed a hand on it, and slowly untwisted it. A thick, crimson liquid was in it. Tiny wisps of blueish smoke fumed off of it. “Spiritblood?” Zak’ta nodded. He reached out his arm. Gingerly, she grabbed it from him. “Now. Take a deep breath and close ya eyes.” Sayrah’nah inhaled deeply and shut her eyes. She placed the rim of the jar on her lips and began to drink. The liquid tasted of rust and spice. It burned her throat, and she gagged as she drank it. But, she knew she had to. Her stomach turned for a slight moment. But then…relief. A great warmth travelled from her throat to her stomach. The weakness was gone from her body, or so she thought. “Ah, dat be great ya Majesty! De child should be healthy now! But make sure ya ‘feed’ her every few hours, ya?” Wait. Did Zak’ta just say ‘her’? Was her child a girl? She wiped her mouth " ‘Her’? Will de child be female?" She placed her hands together calmly. The doctor chuckled “Yes. I be able to ‘sense’ her within ya. She be doin well.” Sayrah’nah bit her lip. It seems as this troll might have a small ‘gift’ from Bwonsamdi. “Soulsense? I guess it be possible, but it be very rare” she said softly. The young troll woman lifted the curtain and stepped out. There were still some eyes on her, but not as many. Small gasps and excited muttering could be heard amongst her clan members. She did her best to ignore them as she entered her private chamber. It was time for a well-deserved rest.

Many months passed, and Sayrah’nah’s child was born. “Ahmanet. 'Gift of the Moon. Dat she be her name.” A thin Zandalari woman dressed in black robes cleaned off a small bundle in her hand. It wasn’t any bundle though. It was Ahmanet Sam’de. Daughter of both Sayrah’nah Sam’de and Bwonsamdi. She was a very rare occurance. Blood stained the bedsheet Sayrah’nah was laying on. It had been a long four hours. Her body was still sore, but the doctor’s medicine made her feel a little better. Sayrah’nah climbed out of bed, pacing slowly towards the doctor who’d help her deliver the child. “Ah. Ya had a healthy child. But… what be dese markings on her?” Light blue skeletal markings covered the child’s arms, chest, legs and back. They looked like tattoos from afar. They glowed, and got brighter whenever she was happy, or extremely angry. The troll woman slowly touched the pale hair that was on top of the child’s head. “She be beautiful! Her hair is white, just like yours” The tiny troll child opened her eyes, and her lips parted in a small smile. Her eyes lit up with a blue glow as she gazed at the troll woman holding her. The woman holding her jumped a little in her skin at this. Her eyes wide, she gestured to Sayrah’nah. “Ah, dat be normal. Considering who her father be anyway” she said, reaching to grab her child from the cleric’s arms. Her blue eyes turned to look at her child, who had closed her eyes and was starting to fall asleep. “Let’s give ya fatha a vist, little one” she whispered to her.

The air hummed with the sound of swamp insects buzzing. Sayrah’nah slapped them away annoyedly. Souls screamed as they flew to the mouth of the temple, causing streams of blue color to reflect off of Ahmanet’s face. She didn’t seem to care though, as her eyes were still closed. Her feet slightly stuck in the muddy ground with each step, but she didn’t care. She was used to it by now. A smile was on her face as she put her gaze towards the ghastly temple in front of her. An unusually tall troll was leaning by the entrance. He didn’t seem to notice her at first, but his head suddenly shot up upon hearing little Ahmanet yawn. He looked forward curiously, his fiery gaze widening. It was Bwonsamdi. He was seldom out of his temple, but today was different. “Hmm… And who be dis little one? She… look just like her mada” he looked at Sayrah’nah’s calm, but blissful face. “She, be our child. Her name be Ahmanet, Gift of de Moon”. Bwonsamdi’s hands shot up to cover his mouth as a strange sound that was almost like a sob came out. It was a happy sob though, and also a shocked one. His knees almost swayed backwards as he sat down on the temple steps. Sayrah’nah knelt near him, still clutching Ahmanet in her arms. Bwonsamdi rested his hands on the crimson fur skirt he was wearing. Ahmanet’s youthful face looked at him curiously. Sayrah’nah opened her mouth in surprise as she reached out a tiny hand and caressed one of Bwonsamdi’s tusks. “Da-ddy” she said calmly. Bwonsamdi’s ‘eyes’ began to well up again. Deep crimson tears ran down his bony face as he placed a bony finger on his daughter’s cheek. “My my, ya be soo beautiful! Ya be lookin just like ya mada” He said, wiping away the tears of deep red running from his eyes. His lower lip trembled as he tried his best not to cry harder. A tiny, squeak of a whimper came from his throat. Ahmanet giggled at this, her cheeks going red as she did so. little Ahmanet turned to face her mother. She placed a hand on her cheek. “Ma’da” she said. She gasped, her voice stuck in her throat. “But de child’s soo young? She should barely even able to speak?” Sayrah’nah looked curiously into Bwonsamdi’s eyes, a slight glint of anxiety in them. “How?” she breathed. Bwonsamdi placed a bony hand on his chin. He muttered something, meeting her gaze. “Well, she is half-Loa. Powerful magic runs through her veins. She’ll should be growin’ fast. Just don’t tell de Zandalari in de Golden City. Me not be knowin’ what dey will do, but… dey might be wantin’ to kill her if ya do. I not exactly be on friendly terms with de King, let alone his subjects” Bwonsamdi ran his fingers through his ebon hair. His skull was visible through his scalp as he did so. He signed, at last rising to his feet. Sayrah’nah’s lower lip trembled. She clenched her jaw again, but this time in rising anger. She wanted to scream. She wanted to break something Why would the Zandalari want her child dead? Was it because of Bwonsamdi’s former mortality? Did they know the truth? A low, barely auditable growl rumbled in her throat. She tried her best to not shout, and accidentally terrify Ahmanet. “Are you saying dat dey will hurt her if I tell them who her fada is?” Sayrah’nah spat. The blue lights in Bwonsamdi’s eyes weakened. “From what I’ve heard dem say to Ol’ Bwonsamdi, whatever it be, it not be good.” He placed a hand on her shoulder, peering at Ahmanet. “Please, for our sake, just… say her fada be dead. Say dat he was killed during a fight with de Blood trolls. Sacrificed even” Sayrah’nah’s fury calmed down. She looked at her child, then back at him. She nodded. Her daughter’s true heritage would be kept a secret. “I will do that sweetie. Even if dey break my bones, scar my soul, I will never tell them” Bwonsamdi smiled weakly, reaching out his hand. Sayrah’nah placed her hand in his. “We got a deal” Bwonsamdi purred. Pale vapor flowed through the air as the two trolls touched each others hands. Bwonsamdi faded away, spectral tears visible on his ghostly form as it warped back to the Other Side. Sayrah’nah walked back to her chambers, her child still clutched in her arms.

And it was such.

Several years later

A small young troll skipped happily throughout the cold and wet courtyard. A Blood troll witch screamed as she tried to reach for her, but was thrown violently to the ground by a nearby Cleric. Her body was thrown around several feet away from the young troll. Ahmanet Sam’de wasn’t disturbed by battle. She lived through her clan’s temple being raided for as long as she could remember. She giggled as she plodded across the golden carving across the ground. A skull with fiery glowing eyes. It was a common sight throughout the Necropolis. Ahmanet stopped and sat down on the steps leading down to the Necropolis. She took a deep breath and smiled as her glowing blue eyes saw the crimson moon hanging overhead. It was always there. Well, almost always. Whenever the moon vanished in the sky was a sure sign that Bwonsamdi had left his temple and returned to his realm in the Shadowlands.

A slender light gray hand touched her shoulder. “Ahmanet, I know this seems like a bad time, but I have ta show ya something” It was Sayrah’nah, her mother. Ahmanet’s carefree smirk faded “Why ma’da? I just want to see da moon!” her mother closed her eyes. She lifted her hand off her child’s shoulder and pressed it against her chest.“I know ya love de moon, but we need to go somewhere safe before dey find ya. I wouldn’t want ya ta get hurt”. Ahmanet drew out a breath through clenched teeth. Her fangs and tusks could be visible in the shadows as she did so. The pale blue markings that covered nearly every part of her body got brighter for a moment. “Ok. I be sorry ma’da. Can we leave now?” Sayrah’nah nodded. The two trolls started down the path to the great temple. Ahmanet’s eyes widened as she saw the carved troll skull above the entrance, it’s blue eyes flickering in the dim light. As she grasped her mother’s hand, she suddenly felt a bit… colder? It wasn’t unusual to feel cold at night, but this was a different kind of chill. One that penetrated the skin and sunk deep into bone. Sayrah’nah turned her youthful face to look at Ahmanet. Her eyes studied her daughter’s worried expression. “Don’t be afraid. Nothing bad is going ta happen, ok?” Ahmanet turned away. She was nervous. She’d never been in the great temple, only having seen it from afar.

There was a steep drop, and then a falling sensation. Tiny swirls of light wrapped around the two as they ‘fell’ further and further. These were souls. Ahmanet was used to seeing them around the courtyard, but she’d never seen them like this. She enjoyed chasing them as a toddler and listening to the soft sounds they made. Looking down, she noticed her feet were touching the ground. Her mother had already walked a few steps away from her. She stepped closer. It was extremely dark. Even Ahmanet’s natural darkvision could barely see through it. Was it magical? Strangely enough, her mother seemed unaffected by it. Her pale hands moved slowly through the air as she said an unlocking spell. “Ah, there we go” The darkness gave way to a small crack of…lighter darkness. But she could see through this, and it wasen’t as bothersome. Ahmanet felt kind of tricked. She’d never ‘seen’ anything like it.

Ahmanet slowly pushed away the door into the unnaturally shadowed room. “Well, we’re here. Don’t be scared ok?” As her mother said that, a blue-flamed torch blazed into life. And then another, and another. Soon the whole room was lit up by spectral fire, and what it contained could be seen easier.

A large, ornately carved coffin lay at the back wall. Sayrah’nah clasped her hands together in an almost prayer pose. The souds of battle and screams of pain were gone now. Only eerie silence remained. Ahmanet stepped forward and gingerly grabbled the belt of her dress in both hands. “She’s here sweetie. You can come out out now” With that, the coffin lid loudly slid off its base. A skeletal hand pushed its way out of the crack and flipped it outward and to the back of the wall. A troll with a skull-like face and black hair turned his head to look at the two. His eyes glowing blue, he pushed himself upright. Ahmanet noticed how he had glowing bone tattoos all over his body. Bwonsamdi… The deathly troll parted his lip in a smile.“Ah, Little Moon! I finally get to see ya beautiful face. I be ya father” Ahmanet gulped. She couldn’t belive what she’d heared. Did Bwonsamdi, the Loa of her clan was dedicated to, just say he was her father? Bwonsamdi stood up in the coffin and stretched both his legs out of it. With a ghastly sigh, he stood up. The air seemed to get colder as he placed both his feet on the crypt’s floor. Bwonsamdi took a deep breath, and shoved the lid back on the coffin. Bones and other ornaments clacked as Bwonsamdi paced around the large room. His arms were folded, and despite the lack of flesh on his face, Ahmanet could tell he was in a good mood. “It has been several years since ya last saw me, little one. Ya were too young to remember” He chuckled softly. Ahmanet placed her hands behind her back “Oh, how young was I? I don’t…remember” The Death Loa grinned, taking a few steps closer. He crouched down to eye level with her. “Ahh… ya were just days old. But, ya did call me fatha” He sat down, crossing his long legs underneath him.

Sayrah’nah sat down on the doorstep. Ahmanet took a few steps forward, examining her father. She’d seen shrines, altars and even statues, but never him in the flesh. He was strange, almost terrifying to her. But, at the same time he gave off an aura of peace and gentleness. Hurting something was not his thing, especially someone who’s scared of him. A strange, burning feeling was in Ahmanet’s heart. She felt her face sink into her skull, her bones stretched through her fingers. She stared at her arms as her skin tuned several shades darker. Her hair became wild, turning fully black. The marking on her body burned bright. “What, be happening to me?” Bwonsamdi’s calm, but still intimidating voice echoed throughout the room. “Don’t be afraid. Dis be ya true form. Because ya acknowledged who ya fada truly be, dis power be yours now.
Use it wheneva someone trues ta hurt ya” Sayrah’nah peered into Ahmanet’s now bright eyes. She giggled slightly. “Dis is de power of a Loa. Well, a half one, at least. Heh heh heh… It be part of ya” Bwonsamdi said. There was a sinking feeling inside of her as Ahmanet adjusted to the thought. She teased a strand of raven black hair, admiring at how dark it had become. She looked up into Bwonsamdi’s brilliant blue eyes. There was a slight shimmer in them as he looked her up and down. “Ya mada be right. Ya really do look just like me. But, you did inherit her pale skin, and white hair. But not in dis form” Ahmanet smilied like an excited child in a candy store. Most of the fear of her true father had gone away, but she still wondered how she’d use her new power. She looked down at her bony fingers, clicking them together. “They are real, all right”, she thought to herself. “How… Do it suppress dis new power?” Ahmanet said, placing her hand on her lap. A slight chuckle came from Bwonsamdi. “Ah… Ya just need to relax. Strong emotions are what be settin dis off. I noticed ya were quite scared of me when I had laid me eyes on ya” Ahmanet closed her eyes, and took in a deep breath. Letting the air flow from her mouth, she tried to calm her mind. The burning feeling from before had started to dissappear, and the tips of her fingers started to feel thicker again. Her face got colder as it returned to its previous state. “There ya go. Deeps breaths, be calm” her mother said softly to her. She opened her eyes. The room felt, darker to her now, as if she wasen’t able to see right. But, she could still make out the large coffin in the back of it, as well as a few paintings of two figures -who appeared to be embracing each other romantically- on the walls. Squinting, she peered at one of them that was on a nearby pillar. Tiny sparkles of gold shimmered off of the frame surrounding it. Looking closer, it appeared to depict a pale Zandalari woman with long braids hanging off her head. Her slender hand was touching the back what appeared to be another, taller troll. one of his hands was resting on her shoulder. But his face… was a skull. Ahmanet stepped back in confusion. Was this a painting of her parents? Ahmanet turned around. Sayrah’nah had stood up, stretching her arms above her head. She clasped her hands together, extending her elbows as tall as they’d go.

Bwonsamdi looked into her eyes, a small smirk causing his lower lip to part slightly. “Mmm… We have been away for a little too long, Ahmanet. I think we should return to de clan” Sayrah’nah said, lowering her arms at last. She turned to look at Bwonsamdi “Ahh… Sweetie, I wish I could stay longer, but I don’t think de others would like that” The blue whisps in Bwonsamdi’s eye sockets dimmed a bit, his brow bone lowering a bit. “I see. Well, it be nice ta meet ya again, Little Moon” he said as his shoulders and neck drooped. He started to float towards the coffin. Ahmanet looked up at her mother. “Mada, why did he just call me that?” Sayrah’nah sighed happily. “Ahh… dat just be his nickname for ya. Ya name does mean ‘Gift of de Moon’ after all” She started pacing towards the door, looking back at her. Ahmanet nodded and followed. Sayrah’nah placed her hand on the door and whispered something. With a rumble, it started to open, sending some dust flying in Sayrah’nah’s face. Ahmanet could’ve sworn she heard her mother swear in Zandali when it happened. Startling, but not out of the ordinary. The word was often repeated during arguments with the clan’s priests. Or, whenever the scouts sighted blood trolls. “Ugh! I got dust in my eyes! Sorry” Sayrah’nah turned to her, her eyes appearing bloodshot and runny. She rubbed them slightly before continuing out the passage. There was the lifting feeling from before as the two stepped onto a stone platform. Ahmanet didn’t remember seeing it from before, but it might’ve been because of how dark it was. The air got slightly warmer. Sayrah’nah put out her hand and looked at Ahmanet. “Stay close, ok?” She put a hand up to her ear. The sounds of battle were gone, and they were at the surface. Was the invasion over? Muted light glowed through the clouds as Ahmanet and her mother stepped out of the temple. The huge tusks on the skull that hung above the door were visible as she started down the stairs. The feeling of wet mud was on their feet as the two treaded across the submerged bridge. It was still something to fix. But, not until the invasions stopped. And this one was only over. “Oh…my” Sayrah’nah gasped as she surveyed the courtyard. Blood and mangled bodies were strewn throughout it, some of the clan members. Ahmanet plodded to her mother’s hut. Sayrah’nah sighed. She shook her head, pacing towards her daughter who’d hid behind the hut’s entrance flap. “Don’t worry, I’ll make sure everything will be all better. Just… let dem clean up, ok?” Ahmanet nodded, mumbling something softly sand disappearing behind the flap. Sayrah’nah followed her.

“Dis won’t be foreva, Little Moon, I be makin sure of it”

The end

Congratulations! You’ve made it to the end. I hope you enjoyed it :stuck_out_tongue:

Another note: The ‘Night Father’ is a title used to refer to Bwonsamdi, as he is a Loa associated with the night, darkness and troll vampires in this AU.

Also, the Sam’de Clan has a monarchic Priesthood where the High Priest/ess is treated like royalty and so is referred to as ‘your Majesty’. They are separate from the Zandalari royal family, but are somewhat forced to serve them due to Bwonsamdi’s bloodline pact with Rastakhan

1 Like