[H-RP Support Group] New to MG Horde (NMGH) for rookies and veterans!

We’ve had a lot of new Tauren players come in! I for one welcome our new Mooverlords.

5 Likes

If ya need help on the website, Mirchea, you know where to find me. :wink: Just finally stumbled across these posts. Awesome all around!

1 Like

Captain Teemo reporting for duty!
AN ENEMY IS GODLIKE

For real these people have been warm and I’ve felt quite supported. I found a tauren guild but I know I could always pal around with some Argents or goblins if I wanted :>

2 Likes

Thanks Dreamrun! Great to have you on board at NMGH. You are heaps of fun and if there’s anything we can do to help just say the words. Kothuul is a great GM, and I hope you have heaps of fun hanging out with your new moo-moo friends, hehe.

1 Like

I have to say that NMGH has been wonderful to encounter and simply interact with on a daily basis. You can truly see that those behind this project have the best interest of the Horde RP community at heart and working to see it flourish once more. I

1 Like

Badvoodoo, you are a blessing to this community. Thank you for your kind words.

I agree! This RP community is amazing! I will admit that I had a ton of anxiety (I always do, but still) when making a RP version of a character that I’ve played for a while (I’m even posting on her lol), but it all turned out better than I expected. I was pleasantly shocked at how accepting they were at my character’s concept and backstory

Keep being great, MoonGuard! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks to Flywheel for making such a great place for newcomers and veterans alike to come and support a single cause of helping people new here get started!

4 Likes

My pleasure Kothuul. Talking to all the new players and other GMs on MG Horde has really brightened my life. You guys are great and I hope we can stick together to see our community grow and blossom even more.

Here’s the discord link again for anyone that would like to try MG Horde but don’t know where to start. We’re here to help.
https://discord.gg/SmRpCfS

3 Likes

:alarm_clock: Moon Guard Horde Community News Bulletin! :alarm_clock:

= January 5th 2021 =

It’s been an eventful few weeks for the MG Horde Community. We had some drama, as you probably know, but the upside to all that was that it gave MG Horde some publicity that attracted new players to our community. In addition, many MG Horde players came out to defend the home the home that we love, and overall, this adversity helped us to bond together.

One thing is certain: the rebuilding of MG Horde will require more than the efforts of one individual, no matter how energetic or ambitious. MG Horde will be rebuilt slowly over time, by the continued of individuals and community groups, working together, and sometimes separately, towards a common goal. Members of our community may not necessarily agree on everything, or how our work should be done, and that is okay. It is good to pursue different strategies and have different personalities to appeal to different folks.

The important thing is that we support each other and don’t try and sabotage the hard work that is being done. Appreciate everyone, no matter how small their contribution. Every little bit counts.

Today I would like to address a concern of mine, and welcome your thoughts as to the best course of action for the good of the MG Horde community. I have noticed that as we have made our slow, steady progress, other servers have started to pay more attention to MG Horde. For a long time, the mention of MG Horde brought about a snicker of a “dead” server and we were often used as fodder for jokes by more populated communities. The few that remained developed pretty thick skins, but from the darkest depths we came to realise that we had something worth saving, and our strong community could be used as a foundation for change.

Unfortunately there are still people out there that would rather MG Horde did not fully rebuild, and would rather try to entice our small pool of players to the “big city lights” as it were. Sadly, these same few also believe they are doing others a favour by showing them “brighter” opportunities. If you are one of the folks that believe there should only be one RP server for Alliance and one for Horde, then best of luck to you. You’re entitled to your opinion.

If, on the other hand, you would like to have more options and opportunities for where to RP, then please consider helping MG Horde rebuild its population. We can do that by advertising our best features, such as our tight-knit community and interesting guilds, but also by acknowledging the issues we need to overcome and how we can all contribute towards solving these problems. I’d like to talk about some of these in a future bulletin.

For now, please help us by encouraging a positive outlook for the future of MG Horde. Be polite towards those that seem counterproductive towards our goals, and most of all, be informative. Let’s show people what we do have, rather than focussing what we do not. If someone seems to be trying to lure others away, either ignore them or change the subject, but don’t make a make deal out of it. Often attention is all they’re looking for.

To finish off this rather rambling bulletin issue, I just wanted to give a big shout out to Corta of the Ashblood Clan for her amazing dedication to the Month’s End Brawl event. This admirable orc lady has been running this event for YEARS and often donates most of the prize money herself!

But remember, you don’t have to put this much work in to be part of rebuilding MG Horde. A kind word, a hello to a stranger, supporting a guild, even just writing out your TRP profile - these are all small things that anyone can do to create a more vibrant atmosphere.

Thanks for reading, and best of luck out there my MG Horde friends!

Cheers,
Flywheel

7 Likes

Lookit these lovely buncha nerds!

IRL has eaten my soul so I’m kind of a slug right now but SOON I will fill out some of those new channels we made.

I promise.

Eventually.

Just, like…smack me in a few days or something.

3 Likes

NMGH is looking for folks willing to be guild officers!

Thanks to an influx of new people, we have lots of new guilds popping up. It’s great to see these new ideas taking shape.

But to really get these new guilds established and of the ground, the GMs need good support and helpers who are willing to take care of some of the workload.

If you think you can help a GM as an officer, or start a guild of your own, come and talk to us at NMGH! We have lots of new recruits and we’d love to have a great selection of guilds for them to find a home in.

Find us on discord here:
https://discord.gg/SmRpCfS

3 Likes

We’ve had HEAPS of new members coming to NMGH looking to make contacts and get into some Horde RP.

We also did a survey and it was voted that we will try to establish a second RP hub for MG Horde near the Longhouse in the Valley of Wisdom. This is intended to be similar to Stormwind which has hubs in Mage Quarter, Old Town etc.

To kick off this new initiative, we have created an IC channel in our discord! When I get home I’ll do a bit of a description of the scenery and hopefully people will enjoy getting acquainted with the new area. We also plan to host some RP events there sometime in the upcoming months.

2 Likes

Bumpity bumperinos :3

I feel like MG Horde has come a long way in the last few months. It’s mostly attitudes that are changing. People understand that we’re not as big as other servers, and that’s okay. They know that we’re active and supportive and that’s all that really matters. We have lots of small new guilds looking for members, as well as larger, more established ones. We have raiding guilds and social guilds. We don’t have many pvp guilds, but maybe we will in time! Another thing we can’t really offer too much of is guilds that do both RP and raiding, but there are a few. I know a lot of people want both, but it’s very hard to manage as a GM unless you have a lot of dedicated officers.

The people I see coming into the support group are optimistic. Many are returning after a hiatus, looking for a fresh start. Others have been playing elsewhere but want to try MG Horde for a change of pace. Large populations can ironically feel very lonely, if people are closed off and won’t let you into their special little cliques. By comparison, it’s easy to be recognised on MG Horde, and easy to make a difference. Unfortunately I can’t claim that 100% of our folks are friendly and welcoming, and there will always be a few rotten potato grouches. But the majority are happy to see another face, and happy to accept you, no matter what your past is or what faults you have.

MG Horde is a place of promise and hope. Thank you to everyone that is helping us to rebuild our community.

3 Likes

I think this is one of the most important things to recognize about the MG Horde right now. There is a sense of community among the player base here right now and also a desire for people wanting to interact and help one another within that community as well. It helps to have great people like Flywheel and Mirchea around who do so much for the Horde side of things as well.

I for one continue to have faith and hope that the community will grow and see itself repopulate over time. It may not be “large” like other servers but what it will be filled with is quality RPers who keep the community alive and breathing. And most importantly, who make MG feel like home.

2 Likes

Okay, time for some honest opinions guys.

How is the MG Horde community going?

I feel we’ve had ups and downs, but I’m not sure where we’re at right now, and I’d love to hear your opinions and comments.

My observations are:

• in general, Shadowlands has put a big dent into roleplaying on both factions. It’s very grindy and a lot of people are getting burned out. Stopping to RP means you can’t do all the other chores needed to stay current. Agree/disagree?

• PvE guilds seem to be doing fine, but RP guilds have been struggling

• I’ve been hearing comments that in general less people on MG Horde use TRP profiles. Is this because our people don’t want to RP or are we just being lazy and not writing them?

• I’ve seen a lot of people coming in with gusto to ‘save MG Horde’ and then leaving abruptly when things don’t immediately change. Believe me when I say we’ve been working to improve MG Horde’s population for years. There is no quick fix. How do we get this message across so people stop giving up and leaving in disappointment?

• Just a general lack lustre attitude and reluctance to participate from some people. A person will ask for help only to be met with silence.

Help me to understand where everyone is at! Is it Covid or the weather? Are we all just tired and retreating to our familiar groups? Are there still people out there that want to help MG Horde grow?

Is Alliance suffering similar symptoms or not really?

I literally feel that way in your first point brought up about the very very annoying daily, weekly garbage that shadowlands does. Which is why I’m gonna be playing significantly less.

I’m not against RP, just like indifferent about it.

Yes, that’s what makes me wonder if the atmosphere at the moment is less about attitudes, and more about the current content. If people are tired and worn out from doing daily and weekly chores, they’re not going to have energy or even the time to RP.

Most of the people I know that are still actively RPing are those that haven’t bothered to worry about ilevel.

It’s a sad state of affairs when we have to choose one or the other.

Hiya Boss.

I was curious myself, so I climbed into my Goblin-crafted Gnome suit last night and wandered the streets of Stormwind to see what’s what. Word on the street is Alliance RP is alive and well, so I wanted to see for myself. Verdict?

All true, boss. People walking everywhere, TRP’s galore, pubs filled wits drinkers and drunks. Maybe a few creatures of the night, if ya know what I mean. So we can’t blame the Shadowlands for lack of RP, Alliance side anyway. If you want walk up RP, Stormwind’s gotcha covered.

No, this is strictly a Horde issue, boss. Not sure how to fix it other than to make a decision to always be in character wherever you are. If you see another RP’r, interact. Create the scene and others will join. Maybe.

From MY point of view, I believe it’s much easier to RP in the Alliance in general. I mean, as far as I know, all of us in RL are Human. So to RP as one is an easy introduction to this aspect of the game. And once immersed, one tends to stay on that side of fence (Alliance) and move into the more imaginative races as confidence grows. You start off with a basic TRP and before long, you’ve developed a deep character just from interactions on the streets of Stormwind.

Horde races take a bit more finesse and imagination. Blood Elves and Orcs are often the RP introduction races (my opinion only). Once upon a time, Silvermoon was THE place to be, with tons of Blelves running around. Did we flame them too much? Make fun of all the lords and ladies with long flowing hair and bright eyes? The Blood Knights? Perhaps the Horde player base is it’s own worst enemy? Just questions, not accusations. I truly do not know. However, the past few times I have been to Silvermoon, it’s been empty.

Lets look at the environment. Stormwind is easy to RP in. The sight lines are great, the open spaces are designed with nooks, benches, landscaping, all beneficial to RP. There are different zones which create different flavors. Old town thieves, cathedral district paladins, park-side meetups, Mage quarter park and tavern. Not to mention, it is the hub of all Alliance game-play. Ironforge is also easy to RP in, a bit harder to get to, but sees lots of activity.

Orgimmar has none of this. As the hub of all Horde game play, it’s all the same, with curving canyon walls, dark and dusty, several stories/layers, nothing very attractive to the REAL LIFE player. I’ve never been a fan of the city. Once again, this is my opinion. I’m sure others feel much different about it. But not many, or it would be a RP gold mine like Stormwind. And the one tavern that is used for RP is okay at best.

If Silvermoon was the Horde hub, you would see a ton more walk up RP. The spaces are more inviting to the RL player. Yet, it is too hard to get to, well out of the way of all activity. It’s well designed for RP and perfect for it. Yet, it’s completely ignored. The Undercity was never an RP place, even for the Forsaken. A few people, maybe, but not many. Brill was, though. Until it was changed and the tavern made unfriendly to RP. Thunderbluff… do people even go there anymore?

Yeah, a long post, but things to think about. No solutions offered, but maybe awareness.