Don't bully the Council - allow them to do their things

Exactly my thinking, they didn’t listen to feedback in Beta why would they listen to the council.

A very see through PR stunt.

5 Likes

I’m not mad. I’m just hoping we will get some answers. I’ll be out here in the unworthy ignored general concussion forums.

1 Like

I haven’t seen a single Council member supporting QOL or cosmetic or roleplay/lore. Why should I support their cause.

It’s our job to scrutinize ppl that Blizzard claims represent us.

You should go look again. There are plenty of council members advocating for these things.

1 Like

Did you read the intro posts and the posted topics on the CC forum? There most certainly are people who focus on both and there are threads about both.

Some you might want to browse
-A Roleplayer and the RP Community's Wishlist of Features
-Regarding Mount & Pet Collection Achievements!
-Unecessary collection restrictions
-Old Content Gatekeeping
-Dungeon and Raid Solo Accessibility for Old & Current Content
-Legacy Loot - A Wishlist
-Player & Guild Housing - Why, How, Do's and Don'ts
-What Should Cosmetic Glyphs Look Like? + Class Skins!
-Emotes & Toys

-Group Finder Tool and Potential Improvements
-Guild Permissions
-Community Management and Toxicity
-Let’s talk about accessibility (The Solo Accessibility thread also has user accessibility discussions in it and ways to help make players more comfortable with content/able to do it).

8 Likes

Actually, Blizzard usually “feature locks” expansions over a year before it even hits the BTR/PTR. The core systems and features are what have to be locked down first so the layers that those systems interact with can be iterated upon. Most of the feature lock is on the technical side of things, though the core system concepts are also locked down. Feature locked components of an expansion usually get only tweaking up to launch. Shadowlands’ 9.0.2 pre-expansion launch client’s core elements were locked in place as of BfA 8.1.5.

Blizzard does their systems the opposite way most companies do. That’s why a lot of Shadowlands’ story feels “off” - they were still iterating on that aspect well after launch.

She isn’t blaming the players. Re-read what you quoted again, a bit slower this time. It’s a two-part statement. The first half points the finger squarely at Blizzard for failing to iterate with the players just what they actually need for feedback and what they don’t. The second half of what you quoted merely states that the players then become frustrated when things they gave feedback on aren’t implemented until well after the launch of the patch they provided feedback on (sometimes that feedback isn’t taken into consideration until the following expansion, as what happened with WoD going into Legion).

Not really. Mirasol will simply accept the fact and move on as she stated. The reason she doesn’t put people on ignore except in extremely rare situations is because she, like myself, prefers to read everything and take what she reads into account in a thread regardless of who is making the post(s). As for me? I have nobody on ignore, despite a few that really deserve it. Troll or not, I still view peoples’ viewpoints as valid in terms of input whether I agree with them or not.

Shadowlands didn’t fail in terms of content. The players seem to like that for the most part. It’s those core systems I mentioned before that get locked down super early that were (and IMO still are) the problem. The walkbacks we’ve seen were what most would attribute to developer hubris. It’s a common occurrence in the game industry, as many developers take offense at pushback on something they created. Grinding Gear Games is notorious for this, though they have at least had more transparency than Blizzard has over the last few years. What I wouldn’t give for Bex-level interactions here.

I suspect the only reason we got even the walkbacks we’ve seen so far is due to the fallout from the lawsuits against ABK/Blizzard and Final Fantasy XIV’s meteoric rise in popularity (it doesn’t hurt that their devs don’t constantly remove content from the game like ours keep doing here). FF 14’s devs have been keeping a finger on the community pulse and actively taking player reactions into serious consideration. The three years prior to ARR taught Squeenix a hard lesson: ignore your players at your own peril.

She’s not. Mirasol is primarily only really known by those that frequent the tech support and customer support fora. That’s where the majority of her posts are as that is what she specializes in. Just like my primary posting area is TS/Mac TS. Except on the D3 side. Mac support is all but extinct there and the few ongoing issues with D3 are beyond player control (e.g. the FMOD audio lockup).

You’re going to have one hell of a time getting a lot of things done there in Maldraxxus. The combination of most Necrolords having gotten what they wanted from the zone already + the decline in the number of players has turned that zone into a ghost town lately. About the only time it’s really active is if the Amateur Night world quest is active, and only during the day/peak hours.

Protip for spending lots of time in Maldraxxus: You will have a much easier time seeing things around you if you use an Inky Black Potion, as it removes the overpowering fog effect in many parts of the zone (the art team really went overboard on the volumetric fog effect and some of the compute effects *cough* Ardenweald *cough*).

2 Likes

And they probably won’t because the people on the CC represent their own views and not the views of the many specific sub-communities within this game. That one council member tried to get input from EU folks by setting up a discord server and we all saw how that ended up.

1 Like

I have done all the other content pretty much by myself so I am sure I will be ok. I just accept it will take a long time. I would have made my warlock Necrolord but the best Covenant skill for her was Kyrian. So now I have a soul sucking…white angel thing? Does not fit.

Now I am thinking of just changing her over anyway. Not like I use my steward much.

The best covenant skill for most of my characters was and is either Kyrian or Night Fae. Problem is, many of them rely on reticulae for targeting, which is really difficult for me to pull off consistently due to how I have to play the game. So I just resigned myself to being a Necrolord on pretty much every character as their abilities are just physically easier to use. It’s a seemingly small thing, but something I wish the devs would really pay attention to, as physically complicated targeting really hampers good accessibility, especially when it’s a BiS ability that’s constantly used.

As for the abilities that were best as Venthyr (priest), they were convoluted, and for the love of all that’s good I. Hate. Sinfall.

And yet when they needed to “unlock” Covenant switching in 9.1 after a big change, they managed to give everyone a freebie swap.

It was literally a hotfix.

I really doubt the implementation is done over a year. Again : design docs, architecture, maybe. Development ? No. It’s actively developed and iterated in Beta. And they can yank the chain at any time.

Or so they say, I have no reason to believe them.

At all.

He is. He’s literally saying “It’s players who think they can provide feedback on anything!”. Even if Blizzard told me : “Just tell me how the raid feels”, I’d give feedback about things like Covenants.

Because unlike Blizzard apparently, I want the game to succeed.

Of course it did.

No, lots of players have expressed real dislike for Shadowlands non-core gameplay. The Covenant features were pumped full of RNG and gates, making the rewards massive wait games and grinds to obtain. Torghast was affectionately renamed Choreghast, that should tell you everything about it. WQ are still complained about because they made them arbitrarily longer with more steps and completely removed the “1 rare kill” WQs completely.

And… drumroll : Blizzard.

3 Likes

Accessibility is not a small thing and it is something the Blizzard Accessibility team has been working with the Devs on. D2R got a lot of very helpful updates, not sure if you tried it yet.

If you want to write up specific WoW issues you want me to address I will be happy to add it to the accessibility topic.

I have another request to address the mechanics for an upcoming boss fight but the person has not given me the public posting language they want and I don’t want to use something shared privately. I should poke them and ask if they still want it covered.

You may be onto something

1 Like

You can believe what you want. You’ve made it plain for everyone to see that you are only open to what you perceive and nothing else. It’s why nobody is really taking what you post seriously.

1. Mirasol is a she.

2. You just made my point about only caring about what you perceive. Even if directed to provide specific feedback you’d ignore that and add more noise than substance just to suit your ego.

Every last one of those things are systems. It’s the systems that brought the content down, not the content itself. It’s why this expansion has been nicknamed Systemlands. Sadly it’s a very appropos moniker.

Blizzard knows lots of people on the fora. They just don’t go announcing it to the world as it serves no purpose. They know me. They basically get to know those that actually post frequently regardless of how or what they post. In other news, water is still wet.

I did. Sadly Quick Cast is really broken in its implementation. It doesn’t operate like any other game that uses that kind of feature would. They literally took the most backwards way of implementing it and went with it. In D3 I can hold left click to move, hit a skill on any keybind, and once the animation is completed I continue moving. I don’t need to lift my finger off the LMB and press it again to start moving again. In D2R, I have to. They fixed it…for one scenario: paladin auras. Everything else? Interrupts click-hold entirely. It’s also super clunky to set up quick cast, and if you want to also retain mouse wheel scrolling for keybinds, you have to forego quick cast on many abilities.

It’s a step in the right direction, but very, very badly implemented. And given Blizzard’s recent attitude toward negative feedback in D2R, I doubt it’s ever going to get properly fixed.

Like a good little lamb!

2 Likes

I think it’s hard for any commoner to have any chance of being chosen by the parameters of Blizzard, to compose Aunt Blizz’s elect.

And as much as I doubt any of them care what GD commoners think, I’m sure they’ll be able to ignore us, just as Blizzard has ignored us over the years. and bring the same results as we have today.

And I doubt any of them could be ashamed of anything.

Not unlike most people here and Blizzard frankly.

If you can convince me with actual proof of what you say, I’ll change my mind.

It’s the Internet, everyone is a “He” to me.

Because that’s not how play testing works. If the game is obviously falling to be fun, the dev should never want to limit feedback and “lock in” an aspect like that. If it’s bad, it’s bad and the dev will eventually have to deal with it.

They’re GAMEPLAY. The gameplay you said no one disliked.

That’s semantics. That’s like saying Islands are a “System”. No. It’s gameplay. The gameplay was bad. Torghast wasn’t fun because it was massively unbalanced, uninteresting to repeat, long to run and had no reward system outside of a obligatory currency.

WQ are literal gameplay. They’re questing. And in SL, they took a simple form of gameplay that was fine since Legion and borked it completely with 20 minute WQ with several steps that just wouldn’t end. No one asked for this, and it wasn’t well received.

I’ll skip the fact you’re trying to be cute with Fora. Blizzard knows its MVPs more than it knows me for damn sure.

Not being able to mouse scroll was a bug right? I thought they fixed it. I can pass your quick cast feedback on to the CMs though if you have not already posted it.

Eh, the fact they even added quick cast is huge. They were not going to touch much at all. The latest update has a lot of changes to Ladder, new runewords, some balance stuff, etc.

If you want to try to put up a post on the D2R GD I might be able to pass it on. Try not to write a whole book though :stuck_out_tongue:

CC players don’t like being under the microscope of the community? Tough luck, shouldn’t have signed up for a “public figure” position like the Community Council then.

As with any “public figure” position, anything they say (either here or on 3rd party sites) or do (…ditto) is fair game for GD’ers/commoners to criticize and/or call out. Being a “public” figure also means you are signing up to take the mud-slinging/heat (if any).

And especially so, because these hand-picked players are SUPPOSEDLY “representing” the commoner/GD’er/redditor players before the blues and devs.

5 Likes

I disagree. They elected themselves to be apart of it, they chose to be the voice of the people, if they are speaking for themselves and not the people they have no place on the council. If they are ignoring the topics people want spoken about, they have no place on the council. If they are acting in their own interest instead of the people they should be called out and removed. If no one is keeping them in check whats the point of it?

3 Likes