9.1 PVP gearing changes!?

• They talked about PvP relative Item Level for PvP Gear (similar to what we had back in WoD). The idea they are discussing is shifting back from how PvP gear worked back then, when there were 2 item levels, so gear went up to Item Level 232 in PvP, making it the best to wear in PvP scenarios.

:crossed_fingers:

89 Likes

Very nice if true. Hopefully they speed up the gearing process for alts by giving more honor/conquest if you’re behind

38 Likes

Inb4 the usual morons come in talking about how it’s a handout system and how rating reqs on gear are good. B)

56 Likes

This is great news! Hopefully it restores some integrity to PVP

19 Likes

Oh you mean the boosters? Who cares what that trash thinks?

14 Likes

This is honestly the best PvP related news I’ve heard in the past 4 years.

69 Likes

I’m ready to be hurt again.

12 Likes

1400 players are still going to get 1v2 roflstomped by Gladiators doing carries, just now they can’t blame gear and will have to accept that they need to git gud

11 Likes

Which is fine with me. One less thing for them to use.

8 Likes

I suspect the demand for carries will drop off a cliff if this gets implemented.

25 Likes

The pvp rating reward will probably affect ilvl outside of pvp, which would still make the gear desirable for PVE.

Hence still carries

They might still want the elite set cosmetics and such though, that’s always been a reason for carries but ya, I think they’ll be less too.

5 Likes

This is something I was thinking about too the other day as a gearing solution having the rating affect PVE only with the gear’s base ilvl.

I hope they find a way to make it so PVP is not the best way to gear for PVE, because it either makes PVE players feel forced to do content they don’t want to do, and/or incentivizes carries. Something that is likely easily fixed with how high this base ilvl can get in PVE (if they even decide to do this)

genuinely curious who does come out in support of gating gear behind rating

10 Likes

They have that, it’s called heavy versatility.

PVP gear is mainly great in PVE for WW and Tanks

I was arguing with a couple of the morons in another topic. Can’t name names here, but the topic is around. B)

I doubt they care about getting gud as long at they get the gear.

Sure there are still going to be some carries… and maybe people here and there will complain about it… but no, under a system like this you won’t see people talking about the massive gear disparities because there won’t be one.

And with better pve gearing, and more equal PvP gearing, we would see a steep decline in the number of carries because they won’t be in nearly as high demand.

4 Likes

It’s the boosters.

Yeah, like i already said