Anyone CAN

Check out pikaboos stream sometime when he’s carrying some nubs in 2s, and let me know what you think

1 Like

Oh yeah I watch pikaboo cause I mainly watch absterge he’s very good, sometimes have to rewatch cause its hard to keep up with what he’s doing.

1 Like

I think 12+ cuts it even.

Anyone under 85 can be “kid” too.

Is this for real did I miss something?

While I agree with the message in the OP, I do think the gearing system is flawed. Just because the flaw isn’t necessarily game breaking doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be addressed. You have people that are 2100 in rbgs in 226 gear queueing at 1400-1600 in 2s and 3s who are in full conquest gear at this point. If you look at the situation from the standpoint of a character who’s been getting every vault since season started it’s not a huge deal really and in that scenario you can’t really place the blame anywhere but yourself but for characters starting the season late who are 7-8 vaults behind, that’s huge. Current conquest is at 6000 or so I believe and that’s only enough for weapon(s), chest legs head shoulders and 1 off piece if I did the math. But you also are thousands and thousands of honor behind on capping that gear to say challenger or rival rating. People that have been getting vaults are in full conquest gear at this point.

I just don’t like how punishing missing a vault is, or if your vault gives you nothing of use for a week.

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/91-pvp-gearing-changes/877857

I’ll believe it when I see it but that’s good to hear

Gladiator fotms to mage in december, still can’t break out of the 1600 bracket. ~“Anyone can get 1600+ in arena!” Lol how much you pay for those achvs homie?

Look at this boomy. Ive been 60 for 3 days of playtime. Im 210 ilev already. It doesnt take long or requires skill.

1 Like

You have 40 RBGs played. FORTY. Shut up, scumlord.

That’s not how rating works.

This is entirely wrong right now.

1 Like

I hit 60 2 weeks ago. What im getting at is you can gear fast af an anyone who is hardstuck 1600 with 200 ilev is lazy.

1 Like

Oh, we not gonna talk about how you cheesed rival gear and still got hardstuck 1400 then?

Im hardstuck? I havent even played games to push. Im pointing out that you can gear easily theres no reason to be low geared an stuck. An i have done this in arena on a few characters as well. Check pvp me. All my characters are geared af from arena n rbgs an its realky fast an easy to do.

Well we are mostly discussing players who aren’t veterans I was assuming. Yes, I got 1600 on my other lock for box last week at like 187 ilvl it’s definitely not impossible, no one is saying that. I just don’t think a player who is pushing for their first rival title who maybe missed a few vaults should be timegated from catching his gear up while that same lack of great vault catch up has him at a gear disparity while he is doing what catch up there is. It’s a problem bigger than just a conquest reward amount fix or anything like that. Hopefully the 9.1 gearing changes will fix it but we will have to see.

My other lock has about 700 conquest left to get, then he will be roughly 210 or so once I farm the tens of thousands of honor needed to finish upgrading my pieces to 213. Then it’s just waiting on vaults/conquest weekly allowance to catch up to other players since I leveled him late and missed like 7 or maybe 8 vaults. I just don’t think that’s right.

1 Like

In WoD you would have been that high after 7-10 hours played…

210 vs 220 is a huge difference in a 1v1 lol

I’m sure the bar is 1800 not 1600

If frost mage is considered fotm, this is news to me. I decided to main frost mage at the start of the expansion for pve/raids, but after weeks of getting declined from m+, 2s/3s, raids etc. based on my spec alone, I stopped playing the toon altogether and then started leveling other toons. After the last few times frost has been buffed, came back to it to see how it felt after the buffs. I never went fire at any point.

In any case, just because I have a gladiator achievement doesn’t automatically make me a gladiator skill-wise on every spec/class (e.g., i got gladiator as a healer, and my best xp as a dps class is 2100-2200 across a handful of dps classes, nowhere near glad).

WoD gearing is the best way to go, and yes, the current system is subpar in terms of fostering a fair and friendly competitive environment for all players (as others have said, new players will struggle, but should brand new players automatically be rivals in their 1st season playing (roughly the top 10% of active players)?)

My main point is just that at least for the bars of 1400/1600, there is just no real excuse, as there are so many mistakes made by each team, that there is plenty of room to outplay most teams, regardless of gear disparity. Even if you lose a few games here and there due to gear/one shot gimmicks, you should still be winning at least half your games or slightly more if you are playing any remotely decent comp and have approximately 200-207 ilvl. It might take more games than it would have if there was no boosting, but if you belong there skill-wise, you should get there all the same.

Aside from my point, I do ultimately prefer when there are no significant gear advantages in instanced pvp, since while hitting rating milestones does give more satisfaction when there is a gear advantage to be had, it ultimately makes skill less meaningful in every game that has major gear disparities between teams.

Still, if you can’t hit 1600 in at least one of the brackets, you’re either putting little-no effort into it, or you are just not good enough to hit it yet (one or more of these probably apply: you don’t have a solid understanding of how/when to use/trade cds/coordinate cc, don’t understand what comps work for your class/spec, don’t use voice, don’t use helpful addons, have an abysmal ui setup/keybindings, etc., don’t understand talent optimization against x comp/y spec, etc.).

In the end, YOU are the only one keeping yourself from reaching your goals/desired rating, and until you stop blaming your shortcomings on “bad game design”, “my spec isn’t meta”, “my gear is bad”, etc., and put in the effort to actually improve your gameplay, you will just be wasting time and forum space complaining about the same bs that has been complained about since vanilla.

Rank 1s are rank 1 because they are the best at being self-critical of their own gameplay in combination with understanding how to improve upon/learn from mistakes and a willingness/drive to strive for mastering their class(es)/spec(s).

This is just another excuse. There are plenty of people that have the wife/gf, pets/kids, full time job doing 40 hrs/week, etc. that get glad every season.

When you say “trying to get better”, this may be an issue for many. Are they really trying to learn/improve properly, or are they just queing a lot of games? For example, if you are a clicker (a lot of us at some point were) and are unwilling to keybind all of your abilities, then you are NOT putting in a reasonable effort to try to improve. Have you tried using gladius/Sarena, no?, then the same. Have you even bothered to check out the top players for your spec/class to get a feel for what/why certain talents are good for some comps/not good for others? The list goes on and on.

Take any example you’d like, but If I play chess and I never bother to take a lesson, read a book, learn from better players, etc., then it doesn’t matter if I play for years and years, I am not going to ever reach a competitive level. Will I improve a little bit from self-learning and experience, yes, but I will definitely not be in the top 10% of players as I didn’t make a real/proper effort to “try to get better”.