Symmetra Rework Opinions from a Symmetra Main

Correct. Now it is less of a quasi rez system, and more of a tactical mobility tool.

1 Like

He current beam should be her secondary fire but with CD

• She can use it to fight flankers
  • or to charge her beam faster

because as a DEF hero she needs a reliable dmg.

#About the SG
It would be nice if they give her the choice between a TP or a small SG

New sentries are unfortunate :confused:

Here’s what I learned using Symm in an experimental custom game:

• symm’s constructs can go through the teleporter
  • turrets cannot be eaten or reflected
  • teleporter can be used as a dodge mechanic, spammed between the two. This is crucial for characters like Ana, Bastion, and Zen
  • bastion can move through it in turret mode
  • teleporter can break when put on destructive items like a railing. It will trigger the cooldown however.
  • you can teleport while slept
  • Sombra’s ult destroys her shield
  • her turrets can stick to anywhere in the environment, have fun sticking it to roofs to pester Pharah and Widowmakers
  • Saving teammates in grav is tricky. If Symm is in the grav herself I don’t think it’s possible to teleport people out.
12 Likes

I just tested it with Sombra to respond to this post, you beat me!

I also tested with Bastion to see how quickly the barrier would go down, and it stayed up for a good amount of time. It’s definitely a good ult, just gotta watch out for Sombra.

This is great, thanks.

As for the removal of the lock-on, we tried to make it work but there was no way to realistically increase its damage potential while still allowing that kind of lock-on targeting. On the plus side, it takes longer to lose charge on the weapon now so you don’t have to be crazy accurate to build up charge. You just need to be able to stay alive long enough to build it, which has always been the real trick with her :slight_smile:

131 Likes

I kinda figured her range would be longer; even with more damage, 10 meters just feels really short.

12 Likes

but with what? Obviously not with 200hp. Let me ask you a question. Do you honestly believe she’ll leave F tier with this rework? Would OwL players notice her? Do you extremely think she’s viable at this state? Will you absolutely do some real tweaking this time than ignore the concepts that are given from the community?

I am literally serious because I don’t want to see this being treated like you guys did with Sym 2.0.

15 Likes

Sombra’s ult breaks Symmetra shield ultimate.

1 Like

My first point is wrong, apparently you can send turrets through if you aim it correctly on top of the tele. It’s a bit sad it can be shut down but then again emp is an ult as well.

It’s a nifty mechanic!

1 Like

This was great feedback.
I was honestly getting a bit meh seeing nothing but “omg you guys suck this is awful” or “LEL OP OMGAWD” type of feedback, so it was super refreshing to see this well thought out response.

I look forward to trying new symm out tomorrow when i can update ptr.

2 Likes

I agree with this, i would’ve rather they made it similar to Moira’s attack, and i don’t mind them being similar, there are still differences between them, like damage, the charge mechanic and being a resource unlike Moira’s.

1 Like

Her beam has to have a longer range imo–not by much but it’s awkwardly short

3 Likes

After playing on the PTR with her for a bit, its more than a welcome change. Good stuff, Geoff :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been playing a lot of Zarya and Symmetra’s laser just doesn’t feel quite right.

What if, instead of a lock on, it turns into a really narrow version of Mei’s spray? Where the beam lags behind as you spin around, and players can basically draw a ribbon around an enemy, instead of it being a very stringent laser?

3 Likes

I really am going to miss her lock on beam.

Bliz did mention a long time ago they wanted to have all kinds of heroes that anyone can play. And since I can’t aim, Sym was one of my fave.

8 Likes

I had that happen with the turrets when I was button smashing, trying to find the key that would let me teleport lol

I’m okay with Sombra’s ult destroying it because, yeah, they’re both ults, but also Sombra could use a little love, too. Also, counters mean balance! And balance means hopefully she won’t get nerfed to hell once she goes live lol

1 Like

Who could answer that she would leave F-tier or a throw pick? It is obviously us who decides what good she will have in the game.

Again, the devs are the one who is in charge or any REAL change of the game. You can’t expect them to really tweak on WHATEVER community has suggested. So far only what is needed should be addressed, but not everything you want.

Can you answer most of your own questions? I guess no. Because we didn’t know any outcome after the change, that is what makes the rework feel more exciting.

Come to see the future.

1 Like

Fix Sombra’s bugs please!

#SaveOurSombra

9 Likes

They rarely tweak on whatever the community suggests. RARELY. That’s why they have a bad rep with hero balancing for over 2 years. Mercy 2017.