Ever since the symmetra rework nothings been the same

They are more durable. Gives heroes with low damage per bullet a hard time killing them, not to mention they deal about 65% more damage than the old ones.

It’s still there technically but her on her ult. Does a better job at zoning out snipers and even better job and providing a shield for D.Va ult.

Technically neither of them are lock on, Moira’s beam is just a large cylinder with no visuals when not dealing damage and Winston’s gun is an AoE cone beam. Removing the lock on gave her more damage potential however she still needs buffs to her m1, and it’s taking Blizzard forever to give her a decent one.

2 Likes

Again not really the real reason.

Well, I personally have had teammates use my teleport all the time. Plus, teleporting turrets etc. and I’ve witnessed people teleporting D.va bombs and Bastions teleporting while in sentry mode etc. etc. etc.
Here’s a tip: Communicate with your team. It helps a lot, especially with flanking.

Aren’t you the guy that based your argument against this on Blizzard lying? If so, I don’t wish to argue this with you any further because there’s no point.

No, they can’t be destroyed by a single D.va bullet from across the map. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s because you don’t want the real truth. This game is pvp right and if players don’t like a certain ability. It changes for the better or worst and Symmetra got the worst while Hanzo got the better.

So pretty much D.va is your prime target. Then I will agree on that.

Oh of course I’m just delusional. Yeah, as I said there’s no point trying to argue with you.

2 Likes

This was the stated reason. If you’ve any evidence to the contrary you might want to actually present it.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say that because you have your own belief. I don’t stoop down to such juvenile insults just because we share different opinions. You just happen to take Blizzard side more on whatever they want to throw at you meanwhile it can be from the far truth. It’s a simple tactic to divert the crowd.

Think about it Prett and I am not sure if you was around 2015 beta - 2017 seeing your status and all. I think you probably missed all the complaints when players died to Symmetra auto lock beam during her good days. You forget the reason they gave her that was to technically protect herself. However hindsight side of Overwatch is gone which is why 3.0 went a different route.

What they don’t realize how much it hampered her strength at close range when she used to defend herself.

Yeah it’s called breadcrumbs. It’s there so you can read it to believe it. I know the post pretty well and have not forgotten it. That doesn’t mean I believe every word they say coming out of their mouth. It’s been awhile since we’ve gotten this rework and unfortunately…primary fire is still not making the cut. One revert does it all or they can try experimenting giving it the Mercy treatment.

But her orbs do the same DPS as the old beam from distances where you don’t die instantly. She’s better at dealing damage than she ever was even with her worthless primary.

Because now she is more overall viable across all rank levels according to blizzard. Low level people have their turrets and dmg balls to spam in chokes, while higher level players make great use of her beam weapon and smart uses of her teleporter/ult etc.

ACTHUALLY… the pros also spam her right click for days. The left click is strong but only in very specific situations (usually against tanks and after the fight has tilted in your favor). If you watch yesterdays contenders match where they used her on Anubis, almost all of the Sym players damage was right click.

It can be argued that since D.Va’s rework nothing has been the same, either. After her there was the Nerfcy Apocalypse and changes started rolling out every patch.

But we’re still here. We’ll adjust. I don’t think Symm is a complete character and I’m sure the Devs don’t either.

You may overestimate them. It’d be nice if they made any sort of comment about her, honestly. “We think she’s fine” or “We’re looking at tweaks” etc. It’s been dead air and it sucks.

Ye but u catch my drift… her kit has something for all rank tiers, wich was kinda the goal of the rework

1 Like

apart from her beam which needs a better ramp up buff.
sym has too high of a CD on her abilities.

her TP placements and activation takes 1-2 sec too long and does not add mobility.
10 sec CD on 3 turrets is too long, even more so if a shorter CD of 5-8 sec could help a team fight and actually turn it.

1 Like

It’s worth mentioning, though… if increasing the Beam’s damage potential was the goal, I think they failed. Yes, there are certain times when New Beam has a significantly better TTK (Time To Kill) than Old Beam. But Old Beam was pretty reliable at close range, and even though it had a longer TTK in general, Symmetra was much safer while using it (since she could dance better).

Plus, New Beam doesn’t even start being useful until L3 charge, which is hard to come by.

As much as I hate Sym’s new primary. It makes perfect sense to remove the lock on with the higher damage potential she has now. If she had her current kit with a lock on beam with her current primary’s damage output. It would be highly broken. Because then she could do what she did before by latching on and running in circles around you keeping you at slight LOS like before. Hence why Sym put Genji out of business because even when he dashed through her, it was still attached and she killed him without looking.

Charge it on a shield and go for a lock on slaughter, because when her beam is fully charged, it does do major damage. She’d be worse than Brig on a nano rally.

So it makes perfect sense to remove the lock-on for her current primary damage potential. Because the 2 sec ramp up, only while hitting enemies, wouldn’t matter because she’d lock on.

2 Likes

It’s not really all that hard to get good damage with new Sym. I played Sym in a few maps tonight and I think I had gold or silver damage every time.

Those aren’t lock on, they just have massive hit boxes. Winston’s in particular is a giant trapezoid. Ever since they got rid of Symmetra’s lock on beam there have been no more lock on abilities that can damage people.

2 Likes

Too bad I can’t believe that story since she’s still F tier.

Charge is on a shield and watch her crumble due to zero survival abilities. It’s there to help her out on encounters since she’s glass cannon just like Doom Fist’s damage shield.

Fear from the developers is what got it removed and look. She’s still F tier and a troll pick at higher ups to the point you can get suspended. So much for an potential rework. When is her next tweak on primary fire? Next year?

Quick play is fine for anything. Real test is competitive play and if you swap off early or forced by teammates means she’s nothing more than a F tier burden.

I haven’t had a chance to use her much in competitive. Last season, the only game I tried we absolutely dominated them and someone left within the first 30s and canceled the match. I did have a few Syms on enemy teams though, and one of them absolutely dominated us. The other one did ok, not great, we won.