Placed on the incorrect server - US high latency Feb/7/2019

I’m being connected to South American servers from the US. In Northern California right now. Last time this happened I guess it was an ISP issue or whatever, just letting Blizz know its happening. Multiple people in my games have asked why theyre in SAC, so its not an isolated issue at least.

3 Likes

Yep, Here we go again, i remember when this happened and now i’m connecting to Brazil with 300 ping GO N.A

same here… I’m in toronto and getting 180 when I’m used to 50

2 Likes

Yeah I’m getting this too, 160 ping (usually 35-40), everybody typing in Spanish, I’m playing in the Toronto area

Samething dude. I was in game and i check my ping go to 50 ms to 160 ms i am like wtf

This is also happening to me. I live near toronto, and have been ONLY getting SA servers. 160 + pings

How can that happend x)

Same here. I’m living around Montreal, Qc, Canada. 163ms and cannot speak spanish at all…

Montreal me too. Rip

Montreal here too, getting 4x normal ping

Can we like send a message to blizzard like a report or we can only wait?

I’m playing on the EU servers, 100 ping is ok tbf, they’ll figure it out soon enough

okok i will try that too

I’m from Brazil and my latency went from 20 to 55-60, but it seems much more, lagged and people teleporting in front of me, guess all the US players has flooded our server and we can’t play right either

Its more from Canada i think

1 Like

I’m having this issue as well. In Montana.

Same here to Quebec city, ping +150 ms

East Coast US, it keeps putting me in SA servers. I tried signing into Europe and actually had about 50 less ping.

Hey folks,

To try to keep this separate, can we have US players post in this thread? We need to separate the issue out so we can find out the common denominator in each region.

We’ve received a couple of reports of this problem from US players routing to the wrong Overwatch server. The servers are fine but if you route to the wrong one such as across the world you will indeed see increased latency.

We need a couple winMTR tests from anybody having issues. The first test needs to be run to the server you are currently playing on . The second test needs to be done to your normal game server.

ord1 24.105.40.184
lax1 - 24.105.8.152
sae1 - 54.207.80.250
pse1 - 54.179.129.12

This helps us compare to figure out where the issue is occurring.

Thank you.

Same here - Ohio, Cleveland area.