Lets (try to) fix everything 2!

i was bored so i thought id do one of those big threads where i touch a little bit on each character in the game and say what i find to be wrong with them and what can be done to improve them in one general thread

btw despite the title its just that. a title, i dont claim to have the magic wand to fix everything, its just a collection of suggestions

Tanks

Reinhart

Reinhart is currently the best shield main tank in the game at the moment, and this mostly strives less from him beeing overpowered per say but all the other competing characters beeing nerfed to the ground, However, i do feel like steadfast passive (as nice as it is) is a bit too high, Reinhart barely moves when beeing knocked back at this point, he has like a permanent fortify, due to this i suggest:

• Steadfast passive reduced from 50% to 40%
D.va

Dva was buffed a lot with her 3s booster, however it seems the devs decided it was too much and nerfed it again, Currently dva has one issue, she is way too squishy, her frontal critbox makes her really easy to crit and doesnt present the same risk/reward ratio any other critbox has, therefore, i suggest

• Health modified from 400 health 200 armor to 300 health 300 armor
Orisa

Orisa got nerfed incredibly hard lately due to double barrier, she can currently barely play as a main tank, her shield is too weak and she is a huge easy target to hit without it, to make her a better main tank i suggest buffs to her shield and fortify, this should allow orisa to be more mobile overall, while making her into a better main tank at the same time

• Shield Cooldown reduced to 8
  • Fortify damage reduction increased to 50%
Sigma

Just like orisa, he got nerfed incredibly hard by double barrier, to the point he struggles to tank at all, for this i will suggest improvements to his shield that maintain its low health but make it a much stronger tool for tanking, making it more flexible while keeping its skill-based usage by encouraging rapid controlled flashing inestead of it played like orisa

• Shield regeneration rate increased to 200shields per second
  • Shield recall cooldown removed
  • Barrier cast time on deployment increased from 0 to 0.2
Hammond

Hammond currently is…okay? he got a little bit of a strange nerf a while ago that nerfed his overall kill potential with piledrive, i really didnt see the point of this, so i suggest a revert, unlike with doomfist hammonds attack are rarely a instantenous execution, therefore i dont see why his airlock needs to be nerfed

• Piledrive airlock increased to 1s
Winston

Winston is exactly in a bad spot per say, but he really doesnt have much usage either, he mostly struggles a little bit but isnt a bad hero overall, im not sure Exactly what he needs, but i do feel like his mediocre damage against armor could be increased just so he can compete a bit better against enemy tanks, however i do want to keep his tech going of mixing in melees in between attacks, id also like to make diving with winston a bit easier, as with all the damage going arround he gets melted quite fast, and his huge critbox doesnt do him any favors winston gets melted quite fast therefore i suggest two One new passives

• New Passive: Primal Strength: Winstons quick melee deals an increased 20 damage when hitting armor

• New Passive: Gorilla fury: Sucesfully landing on an enemy with his leap gives winston 20% damage resistance for 4s

Roadhog

Roadhog, another particularly not bad hero, however he is currently a huge walking ult battery, and with orisa beeing bad, roadhog is too, i dont particularly feel like the synnergy between roadhog and orisa needs any buffs, but roadhog himself does, for him i suggest a new passive to cut his ult gain

• New Passive, Natural armor: Roadhog gives 30% less ult charge to targets that hit him
Zarya

Zarya is what i belive may be the problem in deathball, and why the comp is always so dominating, Rein is not as strong now that he got his steadfast nerfed, which makes me belive zarya is the problem, ever since goats, she got a buff that made retaining charge way to easy

• Energy decay rate increased from 1.6% per second to 2.2% per second

DPS

Ashe

Ashe is a character that tends to struggle not because she is bad, but because she is facing heavy competition in the likes of widow, she also faces heavy bugs that make playing her harder than it needs to be, realistically theres not much you can do to ashe to make her properly compete for “hitscan of the month” especially with widow, so ill suggest a few QoL Buffs to her, and will adress the other hitscans by themselves, other than my suggestions down below, its important that her weird crosshair bug gets fixed, she is a precision based hero, you cant have your crosshair not tell you where you will shoot properly

• Increased reload speed from 0.25s per bullet to 0.20s per bullet
Bastion

Oof bastion…basically my suggestion has been pasted all over the forums by now, However i do belive that its currently impossible to salvage bastions kit as a DPS, especially with the competition he faces, however, changing him in a way so he offers something else to another market is entirely a different story, for this, i will suggest we make bastion into a tank, here is my copypasta-quote, This mostly seeks to make bastion into a bruiser tank, offer ranged damage to the tank category, his stationaryness serves as a really good pivot point to balance him out as a tank despite his crazy damage, his damage against barriers remains untouched despite this, his new abilities will give bastion a bit more self-sustaineability, and the biggest plus is that, with him beeing a tank, pirate ships will be less strong since running bastion means that they will have one less potential shield to stack onto the payload

/Bastion rework/

• Moved to tank role, More specifically, he is a Bruiser
  • 200 hp / 200 armor

Sentry mode

• Damage against players reduced from 450 —> 300
  • Deals critical damage against Barriers for a 1.5x multiplier (450 DPS)

ironclad

• Removed

New passive: Sonar

• Every 4 seconds, a sonar ping is emited, it will reveal all enemy players in a 10m radius for 0.8 seconds
  • Performs a radar ping Noise if any enemy is detected the louder it is the closer the target is, and it will priorize warning you from targets behind you

New E ability: Configuration defense

• Can be held for up to 2s (its a resource meter)
  • Frontal barrier that protects bastion with 200 hp
  • Regenerates after not beeing used for 2s, at a rate of 50hp/s
Doomfist

Doomfist is currently in a situation where he is Mostly Fine, he remains as a frustrating element however, his incredibly mobility damage and survivability make him kind of crazy to deal with, I dont particularly think he needs anything, but for the sakes of this thread i will throw a idea out for a doomfist tank rework, with more survivability more CC but less damage overall and less capability to suicide rush into the enemy team and gain net heals while fighting due to his passive that has a completly different usage now

/Doomfist/

General

• Is now a tank, most specifically, an OFF tank designed for disruption
  • HP increased to 400

Rocket Punch

• Damage Reduced (50 Punch, 100 impact)
  • Hitting a wall causes a 0.5s stun afterwards

The Best defense is a good offense (Passive)

• Is now an active ability bound to R
  • Accumulates damage dealt at a 1/2 rate (2 damage 1 charge) by abilities
  • maxes out at 150
  • Consumes all the charge to give the ally extra HP that builds up over the course of 3 seconds
  • Lasts 4 seconds
  • Cooldown 10

Sesimc slam

• Cooldown increased to 7
  • Slam maximum damage reduced to 75
  • Slammed targets are rooted for 0.5 seconds

Uppercut

• Cooldown increased to 7
  • Uppercut airlock increased to 1 second
  • Uppercut damage reduced to 25

Meteor Strike

• Deals 100 damage
  • Roots all enemies hit for 1.5s
Echo

After her nerfs to her sticky bombs and ult which were the nerfs i was advocating for mostly i think she is fine right now, however if she where to come out to strong, id suggest to nerf her sticky bombs a tad more, but however i do not think she needs this right now

• Reduce sticky bombs explosive damage to 20 (150max if all stick and hit)
Genji

Genji, particularly problematic hero, has a incredibly powerful ult, while the rest of his kit is mostly pathethic, this is a copypasta of another genji thread ive made, however my ideas seek to make genji a bit more self sustaineable and try to change his role in the game a little bit as more of a DoT flanker, other than that i dont think genji will be able to compete for “Flanker of the month” without buffing him so much that he becomes overpowered, especially with the likes of doomfist or tracer arround, so im taking him another direction

general

• Health modified from 200 HP to 100 HP 100 Shields

Dragonblade

• Ult charge required increased by 10%
  • Damage per swing reduced from 120 to 80 90
  • Dragonblade duration increased to 8s

Primary fire

• Damage per shuriken increased from 28 to 32

Secondary fire

• Damage per shuriken increased from 28 to 32

New Passive: Blademaster

Genjis attacks with his Sword (Dash & Dragonblade) apply the “Bleeding” Debuff

Deflect

• Cooldown reduced from 8 seconds to 6 seconds

New Effect: Bleeding

• Targets who have the “bleeding” Effect take 12 15 damage per second for 4 seconds
Hanzo

As it stands hanzo isnt looking too good, as it stands now he will either be overpowered, or trash, i dont see a situation where hanzos kit will ever work, His problem is that he is a sniper with a way too strong close range ability in storm arrows, i do feel like he may need to be reworked eventually, but as of now, i will try to remove that “sniper” component from him so that his storm arrows doesnt need to be nerfed into the ground

Primary fire

• Crit damage multiplier reduced from 2x --> 1.4x (Cant 1hit KO)

Storm arrows

• Arrows count increased to 6
  • Cooldown reduced to 8

Dragon Agility(Lunge):

• Cooldown reudced to 4
Junkrat

Junkrat is a hero that kind of suffers from a lack of role really, he is a barrier breaker in a enviroment where barriers can be broken easily by anyone, he is also a decent area denial hero but his nerfs have weaken him to a degree that make him unable to do his job properly, due to this i suggest the following:

• Primary fire grenade size increased to 0.3
  • Can hold up to 2 mines active at the same time (the one closest to the reticle when the button is pressed will be detonated first)
  • Can hold up to 2 traps active at the same time
  • added a second trap charge
Mccree

Mccree is a hero that is currently meta basically, his problem is similar to genjis in a way that he has a single piece of his kit that is really strong and the rest is garbage, in mccrees case is his primary, for that id suggest first we revert the firerate of his gun

• Firerate reduced from 1 shot every 0.42 seconds to 1 shot every 0.5 seconds

After this however, i do belive his kit will need some improvements to make up for it, as stated in ashe´s explanation, having 3-4 character competing for “hitscan of the month” is something that will never be good, especially since 1 of these heroes will always out-perform the rest, because of this i will give mccree a few other buffs in compensation on his kit, these are mostly a collection of ideas since im kind of unsure of which would be balanced or useful for his playstyle, so i will throw in a list, feel free to pick and choose

• Roll gives i-frames for its duration
  • Holding E allows mccree to “Cook” his flashbang for a long range throw with increased stun duration
  • Replace fan the hammer with a new “Ammo Switch” ability that gives mccree new ammo types for different pruposes
  • Allow to roll during Deadeye
  • Replace deadeye with a new ultimate that teleports both mccree and a selected enemy into a wild west-like map for a forced duel, ends when someone dies or when 15s pass
  • Roll gives mccree a 10% increased speed for 3s after usage
  • Roll cooldown is reduced when mccree lands headshots
  • Roll reset on elimination
  • Flashbang Cripples targets it hits (disables mobility abilities)
  • Flashbang also blinds targets it hits
  • 250 HP
Mei

Mei is quite a complicated character, she ints particularly too strong but she heavily destroys the entire tank roster even including those who are suposed to counter that, due to this i will suggest a Small nerf to target this interaction, this will allow more counterplay for tanks and add a new counter, brigitte, without necesarily nerfing her interaction against other targets

• Mei freezes armored targets 20% slower
Pharah

Pharah has been quite the bad character for a while, with the increased prevalence of hitscans she suffers heavily, and with her over-reliance on mercy, another hero who isnt doing too good, this only hurts her more, for this i will suggest two changes that are meant to buff pharah without necesarily making pharahmercy much stronger

• Pharahs health modified from 200hp to 100 hp 100 shields

• Pharah has a new “double jump” or “Crouch” (only in air) ability, giving her aerial “lunge-like” boost to be able to dodge hitscans or close the distance,

Reaper

Reaper has also been quite a struggling hero,ever since his lifesteal buff, which was heavily unprecedented and, rightfully so, got nerfed afterwards he has gone back to beeing a hero that is overall pretty Meh, for this i will suggest a buff to give reaper a unique niche:

• The reapening passive: alongside 30% lifesteal, reaper reduces healing of the targets he hits with his primary by 50% for 1.5s
Soldier

Soldier, a hero struggling for quite some time he finally got a few buffs…and inestead of improving him as a hero this buffs were targetting the “hitscan of the month” competition, making him yet another long range spam damage source that punishes tanks heavily, this also considering that shields were nerfed so heroes like him could perform, and then they also giving him extra burst damage to be a better barrier breaker makes soldier stronger than he needs to be at long range barrier breaking, and tough to dive, especially with his biotic field healing, For this i will suggest a powershift, revert a few of the latest buffs and give him some other buffs inestead to furfill a new niche

• Helix cooldown increased to 8 seconds

/Soldier 76/

New passive: Tactical Cover

• Reduces spread while crouching

Sprint

• Can reload while spriting
  • Crouching while sprinting allows soldier to slide (he can shoot while doing this, unlike sprinting but cannot reload and sliding only lasts until he loses momentum to which he reverts to walking)

Biotic field

• Radius increased from 4.5 meters to 6 meters
Sombra

Sombra is a hero that suffers from beeing overly reliant on teammates and beeing generally a bad pick outside of highly coordinated enviroments, her ult is incredibly good at setting up other stuff, but its terrible on its own, however the spread buffs may have done some good to sombra herself, however i will suggest another buff to her translocator that will allow for more flexibility and give risk/reward elements to it

• Translocator also heals sombra for 150 hp when used
Symmetra

Symmetra since her last “mini” rework where we got Infinite-tp has dropped quite badly, the changes inestead of making her better made her worse, however some of them were intresting enough, so i will keep some of them while giving her straight buffs

Teleporter

• Cooldown reduced to 8 seconds
  • Teleporter also teleports projectiles through it, allowing for coordinated fire through a teleporter to suprise an enemy,
Torbjorn

as of now, torbjorn is pretty decent, theres not much to say about him, other than the fact that his turret placement is incredibly clunky, you cannot rotate the turret to make it better against people corner peeking, or even know where it will land, so this makes it a common issue that causes torbs to misplace the turret, and it going on full cooldown, for this i suggest QoL changes to his turret placement system

/Torbjorn/

Deploy turret

• Deploy turret now enters torb in a placement mode inestead of throwing it directly (similar to moiras orb)
  • Pressing Left click throws the turret
  • Pressing Right click rotates it
  • All the time during the placement mode a hologram is shown of where the turret would land and its orientation
Tracer

Tracer…she isnt a hero thats particularly bad, in fact, i do belive she doesnt really need any changes right now, the only thing i would be okay would be with an increased range buff to her pulse bomb to make it better against fleeing targets even when its not a stick

Widow

Widow is just…widow, she is the main reason why a lot other hitscans have gotten changes to their roles, as none of them will ever be able to compete with her for the hitscan spot, there is not much to do to her, however, although i will throw in an idea a had a while ago for the sakes of it

/Window/

Primary fire

• Charge time increased from 0.9 to 1.2s

Venom Mine

• Two charges
  • Poison damage increased to 100
  • Poisoned targets reiceve 25% less healing
  • Pressing F while looking at a Venom mine manually detonates it with increased radius and a small Aoe Cloud that stays for 1-2 seconds after detonation

Grappling Hook

• Widow can now perch using grappling hook, cooldown of grappling hook begins when perch stops

Infra sight

• Revealed enemies HP is also shown

SUPPORTS

Ana

She is currently the meta support, bolstering almost 100% pickrate but i really dont feel like she is too strong overall, she just lacks competition and lack of Cleanse effect, thing that will be adressed under mercy (hint hint)

Baptiste

Baptiste got nerfed incredibly hard, he got a unprecedented damage buff, then the rest of his kit was watered down in an attempt to keep those changes in…It didnt work, as well as his immortality field lasting half of what it was before. 4s (i know it says 5, but it actually only lasts 4 actually active, the first second is the throw animation) so i will suggest some buffs

Immortality field

• Cooldown reduced to 18s

Amplification matrix

• Shape modified from a 2d square, to a 3d cube with all 4 sides and increased size, making it more flexible in its usage
Brigitte

i dont really feel brig needs anything right now, maybe other than an extra 50 hp on her shield to make her a tiny less squishy, but other than that, she seems fine to me

Lucio

Again, he doesnt really need much right now,

Mercy

a popular topic here in the forums, and one that will probably generate quite the controversy regardless of what i say, but, i belive that mercy needs more healing, not in the way of increased healing on her primary but with a new ability, her kit is already automatic enough that i dont think it just needs more extra free value, we will make her work for it

Spear of the Valkyrie
Proyectile type: Hitscan

• Bound to F
  • Mercy holds her staff like a spear and throws it forwards,
  • When the spear strikes an area, it casts an effect 4m arround its impact location
  • The buff Gives anyone in its radius an instantaneous 80HP and cleanses all “Soft CC” currently active (anti-nade, hack, etc)
  • Deals 75 impact damage if it hits an enemy
  • 10 second cooldown
Moira

another popular topic in the forums, ill be short, no, i dont think she needs a nerf, in fact, i need she needs more utility, For this i will add a new ability that offers a skill reward aspect to her kit

Detonate orb

• Bound to F
  • Detonates the orb (or orbs) currently active
  • 2m detonation radius
  • Damage orb gives enemies in its detonation radius 25% reduced healing for 3 seconds
  • Heal orb gives teammates in its detonation radius 20% increased healing for 3 seconds
Zenyatta

Not much to say about zen other than the fact that he is mostly fine, but id like to revert a nerf done during goats era

• Discord orb damage increase increased from 25% to 30%

and thats it, all my ideas thrown in there in a single thread, if people suggest other things that convince me, maybe i will edit them later, but overall thats all i got,

also dont forget that the numbers are mostly for context and to give the idea shape and can be changed at any time

12 Likes

I personally do not agree with the changes suggested for Mercy or Moira.

1 Like

are you the actual megadodo or just a joke account

1 Like

Read the genji one and immediately disliked everything I saw nty

1 Like

I LOVE the Bastion sonar change. That’s actually a really good idea.

F abilities shouldn’t be added though, and no hero should have more than 1 passive.

3 Likes

Yeah i understand that, its quite a controversial idea but i do feel its for the best, he isnt doing too hot

…Just fuse them both into one passive then? :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks!

I can confirm that this is not a “joke account.”

i can confirm you are not megadodo then because you didnt use the running gag he has with me

1 Like

The dwarves shall weep.

oh i completly forgot zarya!

edit: there added zarya

1 Like

:+1:

I like this :star_struck:

:thinking: I don’t know if it’s necessary, a lot of players already drop their barrier when they land anyways. I feel it’d be a bit pointless…

:clap: Yes x999999

That’s broken most likely… :sweat_smile:

Doesn’t fix my issue with her… actually might amplify it. :sweat_smile: But it’s a neat idea, none the less.

For players who use Moira properly, it’d be nice.

Hanzo doesn’t need more mobility :neutral_face:

While I like the Primary Fire Crit nerf, it could also similarly work on Storm Arrow.

Reduce the DMG per arrow from 60 to 30? I think it was…
and Increase the crit multiplier from 2.5x to 4x

Idea: To decrease the amount of Spamzo we currently have.

Nice post :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

its x2 definetly

widow has x2.5.

hanzo arrow deals 125, crit is 250

widow shot deals 120, crit is 300,

its possible but the 700 hp barrier doesnt last very long most times really, thats what drove me to this

2 Likes

taking out a bit of his ultimate strength to put it in his mid fight is not a bad idea but 8 seconds on dragon blade with 80 damage per swing is so bad
the armor change is good but also dumb ik for a fact if he gets armor he is gonna be so hard to kill and 100 armor on a squishy mobile hero is just stupid imagine with a brig armor too

the bleed effect does nothing really cuz of huge heals we have in the game it’s like tickling the enemy
and his cooldown buff on deflect is decent tho gonna make him broken u don’t buff the deflect cooldown u buff the deflect itself to make it a better ability
the problem isn’t that u don’t have deflect up the problem that ur deflect is easily countered

1 Like

he has shields not armor :stuck_out_tongue: the blue ones!

its mostly for the off combat regen

the idea is mostly that the bleed will fight the healing, if you are beeing healed 50hps and taking 12dps then your technically getting 12 less healing,

thats what i was going for with this, but i can understand why it could not work

that’s worst then it doesn’t do anything for him

also 32 dmg per shuriken is too much for a flanker we don’t wan’t him to be like doomfist

1 Like

I think that will take out a huge part of his skill
Since u have so much mobility u wanna know where is ur healers at so u get healed u can’t just go in and deal a bit of damage to them and get out with that heal
Also maintaining damage on him is hard but bursting him down is easy so it doesn’t help

1 Like

its certainly possible that it could but i doubt it, it really only increases his damage from 86 on afull hit to like 92, so unless you are a ultra gm top500 OWL player that can do a dash 360 backflip into a full crit headshot then melee its unlikely that you will get the one hit (and if you did that honestly you probably diserve it)

i understand that its an odd idea, but i do feel like genji needs to be taken into another direction because he literally cant compete with other flankers

I get u but it’s not cuz of him his kit is so skillful and fun to play and literally there is no skillcap for him u can always do better on him no matter what u do
but instead of giving him more dmg and all these stuff or nerfing his ultimate cuz it’s so good (which is not true at all)
u can just nerf other heroes that just do the job better than him or rework the bad hero designs like moira brig doomfist ( idon’t think doomfist is a bad design it’s just that his shields make him so tanky)

And about nerfing his ultimate u can literally shut his ultimate down with ez
The only thing that u can’t shutdown by cooldowns is his nanoblade which is fair cuz it’s an ultimate combo

1 Like

i think its more genji than these three

you dont see Doomfist having issue with brig/moira,

and to a certain extent even tracer doesnt have much issue with these either, (some people even say tracer counters brig inestead)

Or sombra she´s a a particular good choice as well, and now with echo coming, genjis got some tough competition

and particularly they arent very impressive, theres nothing particularly about their kits (other than how much they rekt genji) that makes you go like “oh wow thats kinda broken”, so i felt like going the direction of changing genji was the one

cuz like lets say we nerf brig and moira…then youd just go more tracer or sombra or doomfist or echo…not genji

I mean to lower the damage on some heroes and tankness on some other heroes

it’s not just for brig and moira
it’s just instead of introducing heroes with outrageous cooldowns that can just do so much u can introduce them with some type of Skill that reward u for what u doing

and yea i get it blizzard won’t nerf all the heroes in the game so genji is good again
but i think making him invincible during dash , fixing deflect , giving him 30 damage per shurikens , and buffing his deflect to the old deflect would be a good start to him to be good again

Right now genji feels like an ana that can double jump without any cooldowns and with way less damage AKA (his cooldowns doesn’t work half of the time )

1 Like