ChipSa says that Genji didn't need a buff

Chipsa is not a person you should be listening for balance,

genji did need a buff, the problem is that they over-did it.

Doomfist im not actually sure if he needs a buff or not, but chipsa is super bias for doomfist so im not beliving a word he says, i think the best thing you can do to doomfist is make him into a tank, because he is problematic in his current design

if he is good, everyone complains and he gets batted harder than before,

You sure you aren’t talking about XQC? :wink:

It’s not about favorits, OW from the start was a game that had niche heroes that were meant to be situational. Heroes like Sym, Bastion, Torb weren’t supposed to be generalists. The game later started to try to move away from that because of people getting too attached to 1 hero.

It was not simply about people getting too attached to 1 hero. Niche heroes as a design concept fails in a game which has generalists which do the job of niche heroes within their niche just as good or even better. Which is why they were considered throw picks and people got reported for playing them. Yes, people reported others for playing Symm on first point defense on 2CP.

Either all heroes have to be designed to be niche, or none. Otherwise, you wont ever get a balanced hero roster. They changed those heroes and succeded with Torb. They failed on Bastion because his change actually enforced his gimmicky stationary playstyle rather than making him a generalist and for Symm they dont have a clear vision on what shes supposed to do. Her primary is designed to charge up on shields, but when she gets played in double barrier, then she gets nerfed so other generalists can compete with her within the meta which is supposed to be her “niche.” In the current day, calling a hero niche is just another excuse of keeping them bad. Niche is a toxic design which nobody want to play with or against.

While on paper it may sound good that all heroes are equal in effectivness/use in practice it would feel awful to play.

What?? A balanced game? Heroes like Symm and Sombra on equal footing with Genji? How awful!! This is not about favorits! lol

People ask for nerfs to Hack because it is an awful mechanic gamewise, it’s an ability based hero shooter, obviously it becomes a lot less fun when you can remove abilities from the game.

Sombra is unfun to play against, therefore she deserves to be bad.
Genji though? Hes awesome! Everyone likes the cyborg ninja. Nobody hates playing against deflect and his hyper mobility! Seeing Nano/blade as potg every game is a blast!..What? There are complain threads about Genji on a regular basis? They say hes unfun to play against? That doesnt count, because i think hes cool!

What would the game be like if Bastion was in every game but not just as a bunker, he recon form is somehow also very good and at any point he can just sit down and destroy people.

Balanced Bastion which is not just a meme pick? What madness is this?

Genji didn’t look bad compared to meta heroes. Genji like 76 were balanced individually but like I said, powercreep has rendered them more or less useless or very niche, heroes that aren’t meant to be niche.

And how do you know that they arent “supposed” to be niche?
Who decides who is “supposed” to be niche? Isnt that based on hero design and how generally applicable their kit is? Sombra disabling abilities sounds very generalistic to me. Symm being able to make a short cut back to the point sounds generally usable.

Again, this goes back to favoritism. “I dont like Symm and Sombra so its good they are never used, therefore they are “supposed” to be niche.” Thats what it boils down to.

If a balanced hero is useless then they aren’t fine

A balanced hero by definition is not useless. It just comes down to that some people think being anything less than meta is useless, even if youre viable. But thats not reality.

ChipSa says that Genji didn’t need a buff

NicolasCage.jpg: OH REALLY?!

Saying “everyone should be nerfed” in response to a character being too weak is effectively the same as saying he needs a buff lmao. The sentiment is the same regardless of the method, so I don’t know why people keep pushing this. It’s far simpler to buff struggling characters than it is to nerf every hero in the game. That’s not a realistic solution.

He didnt, because thats probably his only moment of punishability.

Right now a lot of the issue is more that numeric: Genji holds the cards on basically every single match-up against other dps hero, except some expections like Doomfist.

Genji needed a buff for not being a top 3 dps at all times like he was for most of the game? He was at his lowest still on the top 33% of the damage class.

Dumb Feet needs a rework, because a tanky mobile bursty flanker is not balanceable. And look! He isnt. He is so utterly dependant on whatever or not he can abuse terrain that he is a troll pick outside that.

He should always have been a brawly tank.

We all know that. xD

if you want to see my reasoning why, here is the thread i made about it

Well =//// Not Every Hero Should Be Viable Everywhere =////// That Is What I Am Told By Genji Mains Every Time I Say We Want Sym To Not Be A Throw Pick Outside Team TP Cheese =/////

Unlike Genji, You Need Skill To Play Sym =////

huh? i dont understand what you are saying

that is a thread for genji, but ive made threads for almost every character in the game, and a general one where every character in the game got changed

so i assure you i keep the best intrests i can in mind

If anyone actually watches the video, you’ll see his ACTUAL reasons for saying this:

I.e., it’s yet another “Baptiste and Brig are OP” rant.

5 seconds.

Doom is so bad now, if you nerfed every hero to be on dooms level LUL

Wow. The inaccuracies in this statement are astounding

Immortality is only available once every 25 seconds, only lasts for 5 seconds (after major nerfs to the IF), and has several if not many counterplay options.

You can shoot it, hack it, smack it, build an ice wall in it to make IF entirely useless, knock people out of it (whole hog anyone?), and even certain ults like Visor, Blossom, Blade, and Barrage just completely delete it and everything within it before the ultimate duration ends.

It’s this sort of parroted misinformation that causes support witch hunts on a monthly basis, and it’s sickening.

Imo, IF is a necessary evil due to how intense the application of damage, burst, and DOTs have become in an effort to buff and nerf away goats

In my opinion Genji needed a small buff but not the extra damage combined with the smaller spread.
That made him really strong.

Soldier:76 wasn’t change that much so he’s good place to start looking from.
Genji suppose to counter dps- his job is fighting high damage heroes with low hp and so he supposed to counter hit scans.
In my opinion Genji deserved the overall buff but he needs a small damage nerf (keep the smaller spread) and maybe increase the ammount of points until ultimate.

The devs claimed in the past a balanced hero SHOULD be broken but because all the heroes are like that it’s all the a point of enabling.
If enemies let you run over them that’s what you should do.
Doomfist is really fine… It’s just not his meta.
Genji on the other hand is the same situation but the other direction.

He works really well with Zarya & Ana.
He counters Mccree,Ana & Ashe really well.
And while he himself is a diver he works well with shield tank as well…

Genji isn’t great against dive.
so in mirror match Genji will see more value with brawl rather than with dive.

Similar to how Doomfist became meta in double shield as one of the only heroes that ignore shields almost entierly.

When a hero becomes meta, it can also be the result of synergy and countering.
Usually a meta starts with the tanks to be honest…

nerf moira
nerf brig
nerf baptiste

and then we can nerf dmg for once because there wont be mass pocketing anymore so mass burst damage wont be needed anymore :slight_smile:
and it theres still issues nerf ANA

Chipsa? the last person I wanna hear ANYTHING FROM IS HIM
all the guy talks and whines about is Buffs and Bugs
i don’t know what u can take from a guy who says that widow A SNIPER is broken…or just cries about every single aspect of balance in this godforsaken game

I’m sorry I usually think of top level streamers to be listened to, but not him. He never shuts up about one shots in this game yet he one tricks doomfist who one shots almost every hero every 4 seconds. I will never care what he has to say.

isnt chipsa the guy that plays doom and genji and was top 1 twice and he used to be a pro player and then he became pro again. Hmmm yea why hear him hes just toxic so that means hes wrong guys