Why do these kinds of posts never get any traction!?

Untrue. There is balanced as in desirable level of power (fun to play and play against) and there is balance relative to other heroes.

If the other heroes feel and perform like garbage and their mains quit tanking after a series of nerfs, then they may have been overnerfed. In such a scenario the tanks that were untouched may perform better than the other ones, but not because they are imbalanced.

1 Like

This assumes a few things that I don’t agree with though.

The primary issue, is that we all read these forums. EVERYONE thinks their favorite character is garbage and can’t perform, since it must be the character being over nerfed since we can’t possibly be the issue.

Also Rein wasn’t “untouched,” he got rather significant buffs in the process. 400 shield health is nothing compared to gaining Steadfast(50%!) and nearly twice as fast shield movement speed.

I also think people are strongly overselling Sigma and Orisa being trash. Both got significant OWL play this weekend, and both are performing well on ladder, both overall and in GM. In fact Sigma is .06% away from being the highest performing tank in GM.

I’ll just list all the really questionable things I can see here

.Protective Barrier health increased to 900

.Barrier Field health increased to 2000
.Rocket Hammer damage increased to 80 per swing

.Chain hook cooldown lowered to 7 seconds

.Experimental Barrier health increased to 1500
.Experimental Barrier regeneration increased to 170 per second
.Gravitic Flux can no longer be interupted

.Tesla Cannon damage increased to 70 damage per second
.Jump Pack cooldown lowered by 1 second (now 5)
.Barrier Projector cooldown reduced by 2 seconds
.Barrier Projector health increased to 800
.Primal Rage health increase lowered to 400 (800 health + 200 armor)

.Quad-Cannons spread angle lowered to 1.5
.Grapple Claw now snaps if used around walls or obstacles (not including heroes or barriers) more than 3 times

.Particle Cannon max damage increased to 190
.Particle Cannon now increases in diameter depending on charge
.Graviton Surge radius increased to 8 meters
.Graviton Surge can be escaped by abilities that give a burst of speed, but not those that are sustained. Jump Pack and Blink can escape but D.Va Boosters and Rein Charge cannot. Sombra cannot translocate out of it either.

.Biotic Rifle damage reduced to 60
.Biotic Rifle 75 healing now happens 0.2 seconds faster (75 healing over 0.4 seconds)
.Nano Boost healing increased to 300

.Biotic Launcher healing increased to 60 per shot
.Immortality Field cooldown decreased to 18 seconds

.Repair Pack ammo lowered to 2
.Barrier Shield health increased to 500
.Shield Bash stun duration lowered to 0.5 seconds

.Crossfade speed boost increased to 30%
.Amp it Up speed boost increased to 70%

.Caduceus Staff healing increased to 60 per second
.Caduceus Staff damage increased increased to 35%
.Guardian Angel cooldown increased to 4 seconds

.Fade duration decreased by 0.2 seconds (now 0.6)

Uhhhhh this change would make me quit playing Mercy and I’ve mained her and played her everyday since launch. This is quite possibly the worst nerf you could ever give to the hero and ruins any semblance of fun, skill, or viability for her. I’d rather they delete rez, her ult, her pistol, and her damage boost before they raise the CD on her GA at all, and 4 seconds would be a nightmare.

I’m sure any other Mercy player would agree.

Pickrates matter more than winrates, and beyond that Sigma has actually consistenly struggled outside of double shield. Neither Orisa nor Sigma have had impressive showings in league, and are basically only usable with each other now.

And the tank queues speak for themselves. Their power levels are not desirable.

Reinhardt and Ana aren’t balanced, their competition is balanced, they’re the outliers.

They’re already far more impactful than DPS to begin with.

These changes would just push DPS further down the food chain.

If anything all tanks & supports need a few more nerfs to balance the impact between roles, not buffs to tanks & supports.

I’m genuinely disappointed with this thread

Say these changes went through

The tank and support roster would be hammered with so many consecutive nerfs because the devs hate reverting dumb changes that by a month they’d be weaker than they currently are

In 3 months, Nerfcy will be of the past, as all the tanks and supports are nerfed beyond recognition

well except Rein and Ana, who are almost immune to being overly nerfed

You also nerfed the absolute mess out of Mercy for a 5% dmg boost increase and a hps revert? Shameful…

If you remove either all tanks+supports or remove all DPS in competitive then everyone would stop complaining. If tanks+supports remain and people yell at each other role then remove one.

Remove the ability for people to complain about their teammates and maybe finally people will understand how much we as a community are absolute trash at this game.

His PR is low, yes, but it’s still respectable. GM just has Rein(especially) and Zarya eating up a huge percentage of picks. If he was truly that garbage he wouldn’t have such a high WR, as losing out on either a Rein or Zarya would be a significant blow to your winning chance.

They were both ran with Rein, not just each other. I can’t say how much their usage will drop next week with Dva back and Ball gone, I’m expecting a not insignificant percentage each, as Rein Dva was the OWL meta, but they’ll still see play.

This unfortunately is irrelevant. You could make all the tanks juggernauts and most people will still queue for DPS, it’s like that in every single game, not just OW.

18 months of Goats being free SR on ladder proved that regardless of how powerful tanks are, and how comparatively weak DPS are, people are still going to want to play the damage characters

Its kind of funny that ive made a similar thread and it did pretty well

Ill respond to ur changes tomorrow cuz.im too tired to read, bookmarking

This’ll get “fun” once we have Echo, a hero who naturally inherits all bugs and issues any character has.

:<

Untrue. Many garbage heroes have had high winrates. The lower your pickrate the more likely you are to be played only by ringers (people who will be good no matter what, outliers) and in situations where you still have a significant advantage regardless if your garbage like 90% of the time. And the higher pickrates actually cause your winrates to go down. Because of bandwagoning by inferior players and because people are picking that hero from start to finish of a match.

The main time you have to worry is if a hero has a really high winrate and a pretty good pickrate or a really low win and pickrate because those are indications of problems.

Most will still queue for dps but you absolutely can peel more. D.va’s 3 second buff for example did have a positive impact on dps queues.

I agree with everything but the barrier reverts, Rein’s movement speed reduction and the random Hog revert back to 5 ammo. :sob:

I don’t generally comment on Supports as they are not my forte.

But nerf-ing Baptiste even more, is a bad joke. The guy was butchered recently… might as well just rework him at this point. Yikes. :expressionless:

and instead I answer you exactly for what the title suggests. I opened the topic attracted by its title, that’s for sure. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

because it’s all OP or a simple revert of things that if they changed they did it because they created other types of problems. I don’t see any convincing counterbalance.

There are less tanks now than before. There was an existing tank population that got halved as tank players stop tanking.

This kind of posts don’t get traction because they contain stupid changes.

2 Likes

I can’t speak for PC, but fortunately I haven’t noticed a change in mediocre console tiers.

Ehh. Sigma isn’t Sym or Bastion aka meta on a few specific maps, and rather poor elsewhere. He’s far more a generalist. Yes, there is Paris A defense, but is that ONE point enough to give him a top WR considering both teams are likely to use him on D?

I have a hard time with the OT theory, considering Sombra is pretty much only played by her “mains” and still rocks a WR like 10% lower.

“WHY DO THESE KINDS OF POSTS NEVER GET ANY TRACTION!?”

Because they’re dumb, because you are a customer of a product that is made by professionals (who can do their job without your minor input, thanks.)

too much work, considering ow1 doesnt have development team… but anyway…
your patch is trying to solve what exactly??
youre just throwing numbers around…for?
you need to have a problem, and you need to have a solution…this is just random throwing numbers around.

Sorry, I just thought it would be an alright compensation nerf for the 60 hps. I don’t play Mercy so again sorry.