A wild genji buff thread appeared!

Old sym had like a 0.4% pickrate or something, genji has like 3 times that
And anyways, aren’t you saying he has a niche? A lot of genji mains seem to think “he’s viable nowhere” (which is pretty laughable)

i do think that he has a niche and saying that he is completly unviable isnt exactly true, the issue is that there are way better options in that niche in ever aspect

I think he is the “best” of the “not good characters” for sure, but i still think he could use improvements

if that was true he’d have a 0% pickrate in GM and an extremely low winrate…
If he’s getting buffs, at least 9 heroes need to be buffed before him, which obviously isn’t happening.

Thats not true, even highly overshadowed characters have decent pickrates

No hero in Gm (maybe except bastion) has 0 pickrate and very low winrate (except bastion lol)

Rein completly overshadows sigma and orisa for example yet their stats arent 0%

No hero has “better versions” of them. Like I said if that was the case they wouldn’t be picked at all.

The closest to that is reaper, and he isn’t getting buffed.

Actually, let’s talk about reaper shall we? He’s clearly doing far worse than genji, why does genji get priority?

He’s been the worst hero in GM for a while if you didn’t know (or didn’t care :frowning: )

This isn’t true at all, all 3 have their uses.

Because i felt like doing a genji thread?
Its not like i didnt make an entire Thread suggesting multiple changes for multiple heroes in fact i suggested probably changes to almost every hero in the game

But rein is better in almost every.aspect as we know by his gigantic pickrate (when he isnt banned lol)

He’s pretty much fine now after the recent set of nerfs even as someone who’s advocated for rein nerfs for awhile, The tank roster is actually very balanced rn. Orisas at 4%, sigmas becoming meta at nearly 6%, reins 9%. Rein lacks range, mobility, and cannot fire while holding his barrier up.

Oh and btw forgot to tell you, I changed my name to SquidwardT because some streamer had the same name as me.

Was called bastionmain

Tbh sigma and orisa kinda need buffs as well to keep up

Thety got nerfed super hard, the tank roster aint balanced at all in my opinion, in fact id probably give at minimum a minor buff (some bigger) to every tank except zarya and rein

I dont think rein needs a nerf tho (zarya is another story tho)

Oh i didnt know lol

I’d say orisas the only one who needs a buff (cough paper barrier)

zarya is falling out of the meta right now…
so i doubt that

sigma rein is insane

sorry dude i gtg now to swimming
will reply later tho

1 Like

Regardless of meta state i think her design is problematic for multiple reasons

And i still think sig should have that horrible shield CD gone and im happy with that

Aight, i should be sleeping myseld since its like 3am rn lol

1 Like

That’s doesnt mean much since all those heroes are picked a ton. The only people in GM who pick genji are really crazy and most likely will switch mid way after the enemy counters him without trying.

Doesnt work that way due to how it’s spread It’s either hits the head elevation or body elevation or they miss.

Should be 33 right below the 34 breakpoint to account for healcreep.

Healcreep? Unless you’re referring to as far back as the addition of Ana, this isn’t a thing. Healing has only been nerfed since.

The fact that the highest stackable hps was ana lucio vs the highest stackable now is bap moira is proof enough of healcreep.

Max main heal gun potential:

• ana(100% accuracy) + lucio(healing 6 people) max hps is 172.5 hps
  • bap(healing ~2) + moira(healing 6) max hps is 490 hps
    -317.5 hps difference (around double)

average main heal gun potential:

• [ana(75% accuracy)=56.25 + lucio(healing 2.5 people)=40.625]= 96.875 hps
  • [bap(healing 1 person)=50 + moira(healing 2 people)=130] = 180hps
  • difference of 83.125hps (less than double)

min value main heal gun potential:

• [ana (40% bronze acc)=30 + lucio (1 person)=16.25] = 46.25hps
  • [baptiste (1 person)=50hps +moira (1 person)=65hps]=115hps
  • difference of 68.75hps

Conclusion:

• “healcreep isnt real” omegalul
  • one shot dps makes sense
  • sustain and mini-burst dps are obsolete with this
  • i havent even gotten to the number of dmg mitig abilities like imo field have i?

None of which are heal creep.

As for the rest, you’re cherry-picking heavily. You’ve removed both Amp and Grenade while counting Moira as always healing 6, which isn’t even possible, as she cannot heal herself while healing others except with Orb, which has a capped output that can only at best amount to 30 HPS over time.

Moira-Bap is the highest for cleave healing. It is not the highest for single-target. Ana is, has always been, and was far more so. If her introduction didn’t already create “healing creep”, lower outputs have not created it since.

Sustained DPS does not inherently lack focus fire. It is not split evenly among the whole enemy team, and until it does, AoE healing does not equate to TTK extension.

This is honestly a very valid rework suggestion, I was worried this was another “my mains not meta” whine post but I love the idea of making genji less about spamming until you have your braindead weebstick and give him actual utility.

1 Like

i added both max avg and min read.

You know what else cleaves, tanks and dps dmg shocker, i know right. Cleave damage made it difficult to heal with lucios low aoe heal and ana’s single target nature. Anyway cleave no cleave it doesnt matter healing 1 person as ana lucio is still less than moira bap healing 1 person.

I’m talking about style of dealing dmg widow, doom = burst, sustain DPS not DMG different terms = soldier etc, mini-burst = tracer & genji. If you arent killing anything with 5-6 people firing on a single target then you deserve to lose.

Except both your max values and min values happen to be wrong and falsely enlarge the skew between the two compositions. You’ve also conflated Moira’s 15m range cone as being equally able to constantly and limitlessly heal 6 people as Lucio’s previously massive-range AoE heal.

But let’s get back to the roots, here: I’ve not said heal creep doesn’t exist. I just said that if it does, it’s nothing new, as the very worst we’ve ever had of it was on-release Ana (4 seconds of 200% healing taken, potentially into 26n HPS Lucio or 50n HPS AiU) atop a 93.75 personal primary fire mHPS. While Bapt and Moira excel at heal-padding, they do less to extend TTK (outside of Immortality Field) than one of the very first post-launch healer additions did.

The addition of Moira and Bapt did not murder sustained DPS. Area denial, by barriers or otherwise, and ease of damage denial relative to finding solo opportunities for damage within very limited windows (or by expanding those windows on one’s own) has done far more to hamper sustained DPS than have either of those heroes.

Nah, i dont even play genji lol

Well i wouldnt say this is true

Healcreep is an important factor to consider when specifically talking about genji and why i choose these changes

The healing “per character” hasnt really increased that is right

But you now have new healers that heal a lot more than back when genji was last relevant when the best healing you had was mercy’s 60hps, Ana, moira, Bap and brig have much higher healing potential than our OG healers,

Its also

However it is also true that there is a ton of damage going arround, also called damage creep which is highly problematic too, and the only other way would be one shots, and.nobody wants that

So the answer is debuffs,

By giving genji the means to out right cancel out or reduce healing we dont have to increase his damage so much, while still allowing him to perform better