Geoff appreciation thread

Oh great Geoff, what are your thoughts on Bastion? We have seen lots of changes for heroes that actually deserve them, but no news about the beeping robot.

1 Like

Geoff, I have a question for you. Is there a design reason for your own hacks (as Sombra, obviously) showing up as red on enemy players? It looks a lot like some random enemy buff effect instead of a debilitating status effect, which is bad for readability.

For example, it doesn’t stand out at all when looked at side-by-side with the likes of nano, bubbles, visor, etc.:
https://i.imgur.com/yCLYetK.png

I whipped up a photoshop of what I’d prefer it looked like on enemy players:
https://i.imgur.com/7vLIhFR.png

Of note is that it’s already purple on health packs and enemy buildables (although buildables also flash a red skull for some reason) and the OWL spectator client colors all hacks to match the Sombra that did the hacking, e.g. Danteh’s hacks are all green if the Outlaws are the home team.

4 Likes

i think we need to slow down on the questions, too many questions might make it impossible to choose any single one to answer

1 Like

Well as always, I think this would be a better fit:

Would prevent directly fired Junkrat grenades from clipping through the enemy character model.

And it would reward “Aimed Shots” over “Spammed Shots”.

2 Likes

Well there are a couple ways to fix that.

Such as:

2 Likes

This is so important, yes. Having it build directly below you would be huge.

4 Likes

If it’s alright with you, mind if I just modify this question of yours a slight amount? My modification isn’t as much as you might think.

Perhaps this might just be my opinion, but I would modify it to, "Why have you guys abandoned Console in general?"

I know that Geoff manages balance, but the fact that they don’t even respond to Console issues is a bigger concern in my humble opinion. And while I can’t speak for others on this, I can say that it’s partially the reason why I haven’t really touched OW in a long time, even despite being able to play it on PC now. It’s the fact that I can relate to Console Players in this front that has amplified my bitterness in their lack of communication to the Console playerbase.

With that in mind:

Geoff, can you answer the question that I’ve posted above please? Why have you guys abandoned Console in general? Not just in terms of separate balance, but in regards to other issues as well. I’m not arguing against the fact that patches take time to release because of Sony/MS certs. But with the lack of communication that I’ve seen from you guys with regards to issues on the Console versions of the game, I feel like you guys are not treating your Console playerbase the same as your PC playerbase.

Surely you guys on the Overwatch Team have seen this thread by now; haven’t you?

2 Likes

Really? Is that why her damage boost has been completely altered?? Can we get some response to this?

1 Like

I thought the change just affected how damage boost is applied, not to the % it boosts.

Man I know Gnomer like the palm of my hand, hope it makes a comeback in a blizzard game in the future. :slight_smile:

Any hero on the rework radar? Like, a hero that you still plan to apply some changes but have a rework in mind if they don’t work?

I think that console would be good if they had an expanded circular chat menu, similar to what PayDay 2 has.

Possibly even have some slots for custom pre-defined chat messages.

2 Likes

I think they previously said that Bastion is the most likely candidate

Hey, what do you know? We’ve been wanting to hear more from Devs all year, and all it took was some brown-nosing.

Nice.

Thanks so much for all of your feedback! Can you address the issue where Bastion is a God when babysat and worthless while alone? Will there ever be changes to Bastion again along reworks?

Isn’t he the guy who just buffed sym?

1 Like

please buff her healing, playing with even a standard 2-2-2 comp as mercy feels horrible.

4 Likes

Lol…i get on and see that i have 103 replies to this thread…and im like WTH…i wasnt expecting that many people to chime in…

oh…

Geoff replied…lol

hi Geoff! im humbled (dropping some nuggets!)

3 Likes

Exactly! I couldn’t agree with you more on that front.

Heck, even just some transparency on things related to Console would be very nice to see. But alas, they haven’t even responded to anything Console related in over 4 months. And that response was Jeff explaining how it is logistically challenging for them to implement a Console PTR. Just asking them to give us some sort of update, y’know?

2 Likes

it just hit me they redid each one of those…wonder how he feels about that…

7 Likes