đź•Š [Mercy] Heal Boost, Damage Pierce

So a lot Mercy players mention they feel powerless to clutch heal people, and lack options in their gameplay.

Here’s a concept that would improve that:

Mercy

Caduceus Staff

Empower

• Cooldown ability for the Reload button on Caduceus Staff.
  • Activates the following capabilities for 2 seconds:
    • Healing per second raised to 100, from 50.
    • Damage boosted bullets and non-explosives now pierce through multiple enemies.
  • 10 second cooldown, starting after the ability finishes.

Would be just enough power to make those clutch plays.

Also it would further cement her role as an alternative to the “Tank Healers” of Moira/Ana.

9 Likes

does that mean 1 widows shot can get a 6k?
I like the ideas btw.

2 Likes

Yup. And that would make for some pretty epic PotG’s, with Mercy getting a ton of praise.

2 Likes

Hey, grey!

If the metaphorical suggestion box is still open, I have one for the thread title:

“Give Mercy a burst heal ability”

Thanks, let’s go with something like that.

You know, Empower sounds like a neat basis for an E ability to replace single-target-rez. Imagine this:

• 3 seconds of free flight
  • 75 hps healing beam (for a total of 225 healing over 3 seconds, vs the base 150 in the same amount of time)
  • Piercing effect added to damage boost

If you thought “that just sounds like a watered down Valkyrie without the chain beams”, you’d be right. I really want something more exciting than valk on Mercy’s Q.

2 Likes

i honestly like the idea of a weaker valk on E, but what would you have her ult be? I for one think its time to say goodbye to rez for good, but i cant really think of an ult for her that is neither rez or valk related and is still impactful

Go for it dude. :slight_smile: Flesh that out, format it a bit, and make a full post on it.

1 Like

I really really don’t want to delete rez entirely. It’s a big part of Mercy’s character, as much as Reinhardt’s shield or Hanzo’s bow is for them.

The last time rez was Mercy’s ult, it didn’t have a proactive window of counterplay and that made it feel very unfair to play against. That’s a fixable issue.

There was also the added complication that Mercy has never had any “emergency healing” when her base heals become overwhelmed (e.g. Ana nade, Moira orb), and that forced Mercy to over-rely on rez to pick up the slack. That’s a fixable issue, too.

1 Like

i have seen a rez rework where theres added counter play (LoS checks/ small cast time etc) but in addition to rezzing fallen allies it gives a burst heal to all living allies within range, which will promote using rez mid fight instead of aiming for the Big Rez which I like

1 Like

I like that one, too.

However, I’d prefer that the healing would be provided as regeneration over time (e.g. 50hps over 3 seconds) instead of a burst heal. With the burst heal version, there would be a lot of (very valid) complaints of resurrect literally resetting fights.

thats fair i suppose

I feel that Mercy is powerfull enough, so no nerfs or buffs for her for a whole year would be nice