Geoff, No one is communicating this bug to your Team

Junkrat. His grenades pass through enemies.
His trap doesnt trigger as enemies pass over it. His collision is questionable at best.
The reduced primary radius exasperated this issue greatly.

Why is no one communicating this to you?

2 Likes

It would help if you have videos of these bugs.

I havent seen that so far

But if im not mistaken it takes like a sec for the Trap to activate once placed, if that was what you were referring to

Haven’t seen the trap issue, you sure they weren’t deliberately dodging it? I’ve seen much more people get sucked in when they shouldn’t.

As for primary fire, it’s probably tuned so that a near miss from the target PoV actually misses. Junk needs projectile velocity, not a bigger hitbox.

A related issue but the mine is also a little off with it’s hit detection, I’ve hit mines that have bounced off the enemy’s head just before detonation and it’s done barely any damage. I’m pretty sure there’s something off with where junkrat’s projectiles are from our perspective and where the game thinks it is.

Unsure if these mine abnormalities are also linked to his mines sticking to surfaces they shouldn’t, mines are super sticky as of sym 3.0 rework patch. You can aim a mine out a door and it’ll stick to the door frame randomly when it normally wouldn’t.

The likliest culprit is junkrat not having priority as a shooter because he’s entirely projectile based, and physics need a lot of work to sync. The extra radius on his grenade likely helped pad the issue. So now its just, randomly inconsistent collisions.

I’m not surprised nobody is communicating these “bugs” when you’ve listed them in the vaguest way possible, with no evidence, documentation or methods of reproducing the issue. That doesn’t exactly make the life of a developer easier.

1 Like

The projectile hitbox is smaller than the visual of the projectile.
And the devs are well aware of this. So I don’t know if this counts as a “bug”.
More of a strange design decision.

As usual, this would solve most the issues of “aimed” projectiles missing their targets:

We’ve gone over it in detail quite a lot in the past, and people here and twitch streamers have reached out to say and show the same. Just because YOU dont search for it, doesn’t mean anyone else has to lead you to it. This is not a thread in which i regurgitate everything that has ever been said about the subject ever, this was a quick question to a dev who was present on the forums yesterday. Get with it.