🛠 A complete list of all the Mei bugs

Outdated. I will make a new one (eventually)

Hello,

Let me start by saying that Mei is a great and fun character to play.
I consider her one of the most balanced heroes who has clear strengths and weaknesses.

The one thing I don’t like about her are the bugs. Every part of her kit has bugs. And it’s not just limited to her kit as well. Items such as highlights are bugged as well.

I posted most of these bugs before (in their own threads), but maybe a full list is what is needed. I will make 4 sections. Gameplay bugs, Visual bugs, maps related bugs and bugs that are on the Known-Issues list. I will try to include as much proof as possible.

List of fixed bugs so far:

1.3 (The ultimate can get stuck and delayed.)
2.2 (Mei shoot red icicles. Red Icicles are usually an indication of an icicle from an enemy.)
2.5 (Mei’s Santa hat doesn’t stay on the Cryo-Freeze. Instead does it become floppy and wil it clip through the Cryo-Freeze.)

1. Gameplay bugs:

1.1. Mei can be stunned, killed and hacked in Cryo-Freeze.
What’s even worse is that other players can see this happen as well.
Mei bug Roadhog POV

There is already a thread about this problem on the forums which contains more videos. [Still in the game] Mei can be pulled out of Cry-Freeze by Roadhog's hook

1.2. You can get teleported around the map if you place an Ice-wall below you.
This is an odd one. If you place a wall below you, can you quickly teleport around the map on your screen. This is a very disorienting bug.
where am i
vlc-record-2018-10-21-22h23m44s-Overwatch 2018.10.12 - 23.44.57.08.mp4-

This also affects teammates:
Twitch

1.3. The ultimate can get stuck and delayed.

This bug has been fixed.

Mei’s ultimate should have a total cast time of 1,5 seconds (depending on the throw distance). If it is thrown under an object like a payload can it be delayed up to twice its cast time. In the video below can you see the cast time of normal ultimate and a delayed ultimate.
Delayed ultimate

Proof:
https://streamable.com/zvxp5

1.4. Wall placement isn’t always correct.
The blueprint sometimes jump to different location when you are about to place a map.
Wonky Ice-Wall
Mei wall bug. vod #2 - YouTube

1.5. Mei’s ultimate freeze gets cancelled by a FRIENDLY Reinhardt shatter.

Reinhardt’s stun seems to overrule Mei’s freeze. This means that enemies who were already frozen in Mei’s ultimate will be unfrozen for the shatter and remain unfrozen if the Reinhardt’s stun duration has finished but the Mei’s ultimate hasn’t. (Mei’s ultimate lasts 5 seconds and Reinhardt’s stun lasts 2,5 seconds.)
Mei Ultimate Effect Get's Cancelled/delayed By Friendly Shatter/posture Change G... | Gfycat

1.6. Mei can be trapped in Junkrat’s trap while being in Cryo-Freeze. (Might not be a bug.)
Mei’s Cryo-Freeze is an invulnerability ability. This means it should cleanse and remove debuffs. This is why it can be used to escape Zarya’s grav. It can however not be used to escape Junkrat’s trap. That one seems to ignore Invulnerability abilities. Reaper and Moira are also affected by it.
Iced but trapped

(Reaper:
https://streamable.com/z4hlz)

1.7. The hitboxes of frozen enemies doesn’t match with the character model.
This is especially noticeable with Ana’s Sleep and Reinhardt’s Shatter
I think the hitboxes of frozen enemies can still be moved if they are hit with an ability that forces the body in another position.
hitbox youre drunk

1.8. Mei’s Ice-Wall can destroy friendly buildables like Orisa’s ultimate.
If Mei place an Ice-Wall on a buildable, will that buildable be destroyed without any notification of it in the kill feed. Applies to frindly Venom Mine, and friendly Minefield as well.
- YouTube

2. Visual bugs:

2.1. Freeze particles can go through ALL walls and is visible to all players (tested with another player).
The particle effect can go through walls as long if you stand directly against it. Teammates and enemies can see it go through the wall. This can be exploited to disrupt the enemy team who are on point.
Freeze particles through walls

2.2. Mei shoot red icicles. Red Icicles are usually an indication of an icicle from an enemy.

This bug has been fixed.

The moment Mei is about to shoot an Icicle, do you see a red Icicle in her weapon.
Red Icicles

2.3. Mei’s golden weapon is extremely shiny when she is emoting.
Overwatch 2018.12.11 - 22.14.23.09
and:
Extra golden

2.4. Mei spawns an enemy’s Icewall.
If there is an icewall placed and the Mei player switch, will the wall turn red.
Friendly enemy icewall

2.5. Mei’s Santa hat doesn’t stay on the Cryo-Freeze. Instead does it become floppy and wil it clip through the Cryo-Freeze.

This bug has been fixed.

It used to stay up on the Iceblock, but now will it turn into a mushy mess and will the white ball clip through the Iceblock. Kinda a depressing look if you’d ask me.
Floppy tip

2.6. Mei’s weapon clips through (Mei-rry’s) Cryo-Freeze.
Weapon clipping through

2.7. Mei’s ‘Skating Around’ highlight clips through the floor on Busan Sanctuary.
vlc-record-2018-12-16-21h47m27s-Mei Busan POTG-

2.8. Mei can emote without Snowball (the robot) if she is ulting.
https://streamable.com/bkete

(Bug 2.5 and 2.6 are bugs are limited to the Mei-rry skin. All the remaining visual bugs are present with all of her skins.)

3. Map related bugs:

3.1 Mei can’t place an Icewall on the capture point of Busan Sanctuary.
I the player tries to place a wall on the edge of the point, can the player not place the wall.
No wall

3.2 Mei’s ultimate can freeze through the turtle on Busan Sanctuary
If it is thrown at the right angle, can you freeze an enemy on the other side of the turtle. It does not block the LOS of the ultimate.
Freezing through turtle

3.3 Mei’s Cryo-Freeze event brawl voicelines will be played on Ecopoint Antartica (Winter) in other modes.
https://streamable.com/7uiyd

I removed the bug list from the known-issues-list.
The older threads are no longer viewable (without a direct link) and the current one doesn’t show Mei bugs anymore. Most, if not all of them, has been fixed.

32 Likes

I have added 2 more bugs.
Bug 2.8 and bug 3.3 have been added.

Mei’s ice wall will also destroy friendly widowmines, minefield, and supercharger. This is great for enemy buildables, but is a liability for her own.

Also, maybe it’s just a console bug, but if I get stunned while shooting, the game will no longer recognize that my finger is on the trigger when I am unstunned. This has caused me to lose 1v1s and is super annoying

2 Likes

I shall try recording this so I can add it.

I just tested this on PC and on PC is this not the case.

amazing how mei is this broken. wonder what happens in OWL if they encounter these things

2 Likes

This doesn’t seem like a bug at all… that’s just how the trap works. Being able to escape a Graviton Surge with Ice Block does sound like a bug, though, unless it’s placed somewhere your momentum/gravity would carry you out of the radius while frozen.

Reaper and Moira can escape Zarya’s ult, right? They can because they use an invulnerability ability. Invulnerability abilities cleanse debuffs.

Mei’s Cryo-Freeze is an invulnerability ability.
It is intended to escape Zarya’s grav (but only if Mei is being pushed or if she is falling down).

Junkrat’s trap is the only CC that can affect invulnerability abilities.

That’s a lot of concerning bugs for her overall.

1 Like

It is.
And she had these bug for a couple months. Heck, it can even be over a year.

Mei could be one of the buggiest heroes in the game.

As of now Mei other than Reaper have bad bugs going on with now and really effecting them overall.

1 Like

This was the worst one:

I’m glad they fixed this in the latest patch.

But she still has soo many bugs, even old ones.

2 Likes

Graviton Surge persistently pulls people toward it, and the invulnerability makes those characters immune to future applications of the effect. Reaper and Moira can escape because their invulnerability effects have mobility (which arguably should make Graviton Surge disable them like other movement abilites, but that’s a separate discussion). Anyone can also potentially escape via an enemy Reinhardt or Roadhog removing them from the Graviton Surge area.

You could compare this to dealing damage, for a simple analogy. If you become invulnerable while Symmetra is holding her primary fire on you, you stop taking damage for as long as you’re invulnerable, just as Graviton Surge stops pulling you. If Symmetra hits you with her secondary fire, and then you become invulnerable, you already took the damage from it, just as Steel Trap already trapped you.

Right, as long as they were vulnerable when it trapped them. What makes you think that’s unintentional?

But is it not weird how Invulnerability abilities makes pull/knockback abilities like Zarya’s grav and Orisa’s pull useles and makes the player immune to CC, but not to Junkrat’s traps?

Orisa’s Halt works as long as it starts pulling before you become invulnerable, the same way Junkrat’s trap works as long as it trapped you before you became invulnerable. You’ll sometimes see frozen Mei get flung across the room from the momentum of Halt, because the initial force is applied but she becomes immune to the counter-force that would stop her in the center of it.

Graviton Surge is quite different, since it’s not applied as a one-time debuff, as explained above.

1 Like

These are a lot of bugs.
I also remember when i tested with you the visual bug of the primary fire going thought walls

1 Like

I have several videos of it

May I post them in the first post as a bug?
(I will credit you of course.)

Mei can not be healed by Moira’s healing spray, healing orb and Coalescence while she’s in cryostase.

I have this video which shows who can target Mei in Cryo-Freeze, but this is a pretty old video. I have to re-record it to see if it has been improved.

Yeah let me upload later today (it’s on my PS4 shareplay)

1 Like