Mei is the template hero for good design

If you can’t move most of the time, it is oppressive.

2 Likes

You’re a Dva main right?

Guess who counters Dva???
(It’s Mei.)

13 Likes

Brig lacks the skill ceiling. The most skill intensive thing about her is landing whipshots to refresh Inspire. I wish they’d add more skill expression in her kit.

2 Likes

I found a couple creative ways to solve that with this rework thread I made.

Increased her skill ceiling to her repair pack, rally, whipshot, and to some degree, shield bash.

2 Likes

You aren’t wrong but i’m still waiting for this bug fix…

I’ll make a post about it on the 18th since it would be 1 year since then…

4 Likes

I remember when I made that thread.
It’s part of one of her many bugs:

🛠 A complete list of all the Mei bugs

3 Likes

Last time when i checked she can freeze almost everyone.
As a famous streamer once said “she counters you just by existing”.

Ofc I can just play junkrat but that doesn’t change anything for the rest of the team.

Lol this means nothing.

13 Likes

Exactly but ppl still shoves it in the face of others anyway :woman_shrugging:

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Or you could counter her by shooting her large hitbox, or baiting her cooldowns.

She really is easy to take down.

1 Like

Mei is the one character that I would delete from the game if I could.

Playing against her is oppressive.

Playing with her, you find yourself asking “why bother playing Sombra when you can get an uninterruptible hack that damages, slows, and freezes” or “why bother playing Symmetra when you can get a primary fire that is easy to aim and also slows, hacks, and freezes” with the addition of a sniper ability and a self heal.

I don’t know who that “famous” streamer is, but I guess he is not a high ranked player.

Mei’s freeze requires 30 ticks. That’s around 1.5 seconds. And only if you managed to hit the enemy without missing.

In those 1.5 seconds (or more) can the enemy rely on:

• Mobility (which most heroes has)
  • CC (counter slow CC with fast CC)
  • Invulnerability abilities
  • Raw damage and kill Mei
  • Blocking it with a shield
  • Cleanse and block it with Zarya’s bubbles.
  • Rely on a teammate.

It’s also confirmed its intentional that it use Favor the shooter:

2 Likes

I agree that she is balanced for now but she is just not “well designed”.

Nah, if we’re going by who mei is annoying against then it’s pretty limited.

D.va.
Hammond
Roadhog
Genji
Soldier 76
Tracer

And even then the only hero she truly counters is hammond, the rest aren’t negated or need to swith when going up against her so i wouldn’t say they’re countered.

That being said to each their own because everyone always finds one character more annoying then the rest, these are just my 2 cents on the matter👌

Weird that it is, i wonder why when all the other important defense or escape abilities like blink, deflect, wraith form and so on favor the defender.

Disappointing that they haven’t looked into it and think it’s a good thing to die when you clearly went in cryo-freeze, it’s especially noticeable against projectile heroes.

1 Like

Awww sounds like you need a good dose of gitgud
Also sounds like Mei has a well rounded kit, in other words: :white_check_mark:

Mei is broken OMEGALUL

1 Like

I disagree. She has cc in her kit. Last thing we want is more cc

Mei is bae, one of the best underrated Pharah counters. She taught me not to dive into the entire enemy team on my hamster if she is there lol. Now I watch from above like batman waiting for a straggler.

Have you played Mei? Only with the recent graphic update did it go from “well…maybe it’s hitting them” to “oh they’re under the beam it’s going”.

Also, her kit has plenty of depth due to how many things you can do with Ice wall when you get creative with it.

Something that most heroes kinda lack, actually.

2 Likes