Mei needs some quality of life updates

I think Mei is in the perfect spot right now but there are two major issues that drain any fun from the hero for me (and one minor one but idc too much about that one):

1. Fix her damn ult already. I don’t care if it’s design or programming, intentional or unintentional, losing your ult AND the charge feels horrible when you get randomly booped/hooked/stunned/whatever.

2. Make ice block an actual immunity the moment you press it. I have died soooo often through it, because latency + favor the shooter + animation. Feels horrible to outplay a flashbang/rocket or even a widow headshot only to still die.

(3.) Make her primary slow vertical movement as well, in particular to genji and to a lesser extent hanzo. It’s odd that a hero designed to counter mobility isn’t effective on the most mobile heroes.

Anyway, stay frosty everyone!

(edit: fixing both my major issues won’t buff the hero in any significant way, and giving her an extra edge over genji is so specific that it will hardly affect her balance either)

11 Likes

She is fine also u charge her ult very very fast

Considering all that he mentioned are BUGS she is not fine. All of what they mentioned is what has been what was intended from when she was released.

4 Likes

This happens because of latency.

I highly recommend you to read this:
[PROOF] Projectile Ults blocked by Lag
(It even use Mei’s ultimate as an example.)

It has been confirmed that it uses favor-the-shooter and not favor-the-player like mobility abilities.

No idea why though.

I just want to see her bugs fixed:
🛠 A complete list of all the Mei bugs

I will agree that her ult being lost after cast is really stupid and doesn’t match what she’s doing. Fix that.

1 Like

How?

It happens because of latency. The server corrects what happens on the players screen.

The only way how they can probably fix it is by changing the rules of projectile ultimates, and to be honest, I don’t see blizzard doing that.

How many times has this problem been pointed out? Not once have they commented about it. I think they are fine with it.

This bothers me so much. The whole camera shifts to third person for a moment only to snap back into first person because apparently you’re not allowed to use Cryofreeze to defend yourself. They said they’d fix this almost a year ago but never did.

I think they meant fixing the issue where Roadhog could hook Mei out of it and put the ability on cooldown. Even though it hasn’t been mentioned in the patch notes, has this bug been fixed.

This bug:
1, 2

Believe me when I say I hate this too, but I doubt they can fully prevent this.

They take so long to fix or adjust things, especially on characters with low pick rates, that it doesn’t hurt to keep reminding them considering how often they visit the forums.

2 Likes

True.
If there is a problem then it’s better to keep bringing it up.

A great example of this another bug Mei had. The bug where Mei’s Cryo-Freeze didn’t remove anti-heal.
It has been over a year on the know-issues-list, but it only got fixed when a player brought it up. Because it took so long to get it fixed were players, and Overwatch youtubers, calling it a buff instead of a bug fix.

Another great example is Doomfist. He was broken and unplayable for months due to his bugs, but he got fixed once Jeff read about it, and even then was his first response “what bugs?”. There were even articles on gaming news sites about Doomfist bugs finally getting fixed and the person who made it hapoened was labeled as a hero by YouTube channels.

Just keep posting about it then it will get fixed eventually.

(They finally fixed Mei’s hat of her Mei-rry skin, but I posted about it ever since around Summer Games event.)

Sorry for the wall of text.

I just had a Genji blade thru my whole team as we stood in the middle of a Blizzard. Fix Blizzard, Blizzard.

Gotta love how they say “is lag” and not only does the sound and ice chunks come off but your ability also goes on cooldown and you still died.

Same problem as Ana’s dart and McCree’s flashbang, if the caster dies or is disabled in some capacity the projectile will die, ex. as Ana it happens a lot, you fire a dart at hog way before his chain hits you but someone finishes you off before the dart reaches hog, the result is hog not getting hit by the dart because it died with you.

Can we also get cryo to reload her ammo? I think just about every other hero with some form of immunity/transform/etc ability gets full ammo when used.

2 Likes

welcome to overwatch?

Her block already gets free invincibility, point stall, and heals.

her slow already feels like cancer, let’s not make it worse.

Tone down her cheese stuff and give her more damage on the spray.

If your ult got canceled that wasn’t randomed.
She needs her cryo to be consistent but her ult is fine.

Nah although I would love that, she doesn’t need it. Other heroes with immunities don’t heal so it’s not like iceblock only has drawbacks in comparison. All she needs is these bugs to be fixed.

Wow nice rebuttals, very well constructed, bravo! You barely read what I wrote.

Her slow is only cancer to bad players, how about you just stick to working on yourself while Blizzard fixes glaring issues that have nothing to do with balance.

2 Likes

Salty your hero won’t be meta because she’s cancer? Nothing new here folks, move on.

Lmao relax dude,

OP just mentioned bug fixes if anything, and if you think she’s cancer that’s your opinion btw.

edited: you’re not worth the ban tbh