[✅] Easiest fix for Roadhog

Roadhog’s supposedly “reliable” shotgun blast after a hook combo is less reliable than it was a couple patches ago.

Rather than a major code fix, here’s a small number tweak they could use to fix things.

Roadhog

Chain Hook

• Targets are now pulled to a location 3.0 meters away, down from 3.5 meters.

Tada, done. That’s the minimum that’s needed.

And if that’s not enough, try 2.5m.

8 Likes

Willing to try this. Reasonable compromise.

I figure the devs seem to be really fond of “number tweak” changes.

So any balance changes that require a minimum effort to fix, without a hardcoded full patch, are more likely to happen.

2 Likes

Fair. I wish they would do more than that but we have to work with what they give us.

Tbh, I wish they would do less, but put out a small patch every 2 weeks.

What I really meant in terms of “more” was I wish they would do what was needed rather than restrict themselves to what they are willing to do.

Well, realistically it seems like they are waiting until tournament season is over in mid-October to do anything.

Then maybe they will have a different Junkenstein remix maybe.

Then you got US elections 2 weeks later.

Then a couple weeks, and Thanksgiving.

Then a couple weeks, and Christmas.

Then probably a bunch of vacations till the second week of January, then they try to throw out a patch late January before OWL starts back up.

Oh, and something for the January BlizCon, which probably is what’s eating up all their workcycles right now. Probably a new trailer for OW2.

Maybe some closed beta testing.

1 Like

Just wish they would not hold back OW1 content for the sake of releasing it with OW2.

Tbh, I don’t care about that so much. I just wish they spent more time ironing out the fundamental problems with the game before OW2 launches.

In particular, queue times are bad, playing with IRL friends sucks, player retention sucks, and new player onboaring sucks.
And there are a lot of avoidable frustrations the game causes.

The spotlight isn’t on the game right now, so it’s a good time to experiment.

1 Like

Yes.
Seriously, if they wanted a consistent combo then they should do this.

The combo is consistent now, it just consistently doesn’t work in one shot.

That isn’t too much different from how it worked before they recently started changing him. What is different is that investing an extra shot to complete the combo is often unrealistic now, because he shoots too slowly for the double-shot combo to even work at close range.

I’d take the old fire rate back over a “consistent one-shot.” He doesn’t necessarily even need the 6-shot magazine now that barriers are less prevalent, just needs a decent damage rate in general.

The claim about consistency of the hook is false. There is no change from prior to this ‘buff’. Claiming it as a buff to roadhog is plain lie.

You stating it like it is a positive thing is wrong.

2 Likes

Reliably unreliable…

1 Like

Honestly…i dont actually like it that much because it removes the skill from his hook one shot (the whole walk forward a bit thing)

i really really really think they should just revert and be done with it

this, its consistent, it always leaves them at like 25 hp.

Sure, but if you make the one-shot easy, then remove movement during take-a-breather. Flank Hog isn’t coming back

Dude, he got 1 less ammo AND less fire rate.

That’s plenty of nerfs.

1 Like

That’s not what I’m talking about. If you make the one-shot more reliable we go back to Flank Hog that runs away easily with barely any punishment.
That’s a problem. Getting a pick that easy shouldn’t be allowed, and god forbid you don’t have cc, then it’s a free kill for the Hog

1 Like

He doesn’t need anything. If you play with your team, they die anyway.

Stop trying to enable flank hog.

1 Like

Dude, they gutted his barrier break potential and you want him grabbing hooks through barriers.

What the heck.

Ironically enough I wish they’d try the old damage he had + hooking a target further away

Idk how that would work but it would make it so he can’t one shot right off the bat

1 Like