Day2 Message to "A Designer" about testing Sym as a Support

Do you mean when she used to give 25 shield health. Now would you give her some other on demand healing besides a healing station ultimate?

1 Like

Sym originally gave 50 shields, which was reduced to 25 on launch.

I think that is why blizzard put sym as support in the beta.

1 Like

Give me Doom support so I can punch my allies to safety.

1 Like

It was. They didnt like it because trying to heal with ANY of Symm’s abilities was unnatural and clunky. Which makes sense. Where could you throw in healing that wasnt extremely unpractical?

Destroyable sentries? Nope.
Sacrifice her primary or secondary fire? lol
TP? Yeah no people dont take it.
Ult? Terrible idea literally removes its biggest advantage.

The didnt rework her as much into another role as much as they just moved her to DPS like she was always supposed to be.

Sym 2.0 was a defense hero tagged as support for no real good reason and this was something that we know and Blizz devs admitted. The idea that 2.0 was a healer is silly on its own.

1 Like

If you mean Sym 2.0 then you mean defense DPS Symmetra, because at no point Sym has ever been in a support in practice.

1 Like

Lol, now onto my demanding perspective.

Now go make a standalone post.

Starting with the current problem. And why that feels bad.
A formatted post with approximate specifics of the changes wanted that look like patch notes. Ideally with that part in a quote box.
Followed by a description of how the above described problem will be solved. And why that will feel good.

Example:
[✅] Easiest fix for Roadhog

1 Like

Her turrets could have dual functionality. Maybe have a toggle-able heal or damage. Look I’m just throwing out possible ideas here, I’m not saying they are even balanced but could work with some tweaking.

1 Like

Terrible idea.

What support has a destroyable healing source and is on cooldown and cant be relocated?

It could be utterly unviable as a healing method.

2 Likes

With some tweaking, you can turn any hero into a support. Does not mean it is a good idea.

2 Likes

About to make lunch now, should I make honey pineapple meat lover pizza or the cheesy italian flat bread/ Broccoli Chedder Soup combo?

No. They said they might at some point in the future consider trying their hand at maybe seeing if they can make Sym work as a Support again. That is it. There was nothing saying they were actively doing it and nothing saying it would even make it into testing for OW2; in fact quite a bit suggested that it would be something they might try their hand at post OW2.

1 Like

Welp, looks like OP made this thread solely to pad out their forum trust stats.

2 Likes

Thats the thing tho.

Symmetra 2.0 was never a support in practice.

She was played as a defense dps, or as some people liked to put it as a ‘‘non-healing support that focused on damage and utility’’ which was the long and silly way to say ‘‘utility dps’’.

There is a reason healer Sym fails. No part of her kit, either 2.0 or 3.0, can realistically have enough reliable healing to be a support.

1 Like

A sacrifice I am willing to make… again.

Now seriously: honey pineapple meat lover pizza or the cheesy italian flat bread/ Broccoli Chedder Soup combo?

i wonder if they tried healing turrets again

1 Like

honestly there’s so many ways of reworking her as a support, utility based support, or a support that heals.

2 Likes

Key word is could. Sorry you have zero imagination and don’t understand how passive healers work. Maybe the problem with the current support model is the lack of imagination and utility.

1 Like

Pineapple pizza would be my choice since I like pineapple and ham

2 Likes

They should try healing TP so it can fail harder than healing sentries lmao

2 Likes

The more pressing question is can the community test some of these ideas before deciding FOR us?

Things like reworking Symm and Doom’s entire kit/role should be something the community decides since they’ve spent many years falling in love with the characters. It should be handled with care, as to not split the communities even further.

If it is something the community overall doesn’t like, as it takes away from the characters they hold dear, it should be tested again with something more akin to the feedback given.

1 Like