"Diablo Walks the earth", spawning dclone in D2:R

The Dclone event, grabbing your anni,
i am assuming most people traded for thier annis, or maybe saw this message in a game after he was killed.
but not me
i was the person farming them
to those of you who don’t know
every game u make ( on the old d2 battle.net) was chosen from a list of IP’s
randomly, u could not pick which one u wanted to be on
and every server has an soj count
when a server sold between 80-120 sojs ( on average) from the last time diablo walked, he would walk in ALL hell games on that server
this did not distinguish between ladder and non ladder games
so people would get together buy a bunch of non-ladder sojs and give them to 1 person. that person would the join a game
and he would tell all the people who gave them Soj’s what IP it was… we would all
find at least 1 game o that server by joining and rejoining ladder games until we landed on the server he was on. and then they would make the ip public maybe on a place like dclone irc and more people woudl find the server./. then after an hour or so they would “walk” the server. selling all the NL sojs to make that “ip” walk.

now this is important becuase on the “new” battle.net… this wont work
this was done because of the millions of duped sojs. on NL as a way to get rid of them.

this means that there will NEED to be a “new” way to spawn dclone.
now let me set one thing straight… i do NOT want this fight touched in ANY WAY.
this was in fact the most fun fight in the history of this game imo.
UNLIKE uber tristram and the torch, you could do this fight on any char… and it was more about “finding a way to kill him” than “not dying”, becuasse of some stupid mephy aura

what we need is new way to SPAWN this UNCHANGED d clone fight.
perhaps a collection method like grabbing the things for the torch.

dclone, was by fav the most fun fight in all of diablo 2. and this fight NEEDS to be doable in d2:r.

so im asking… what idea do people have for how they want to “make him walk” seeing as the old method ( selling 80-120 dupsed sojs) cant work. ( unless they utterly fail at preventing duping and botting…)

41 Likes

Uh…what? What are you trying to say? Let’s see!
-Games created on the old D2 battle.net platform were chosen from a list of IPs.
-People were buying a bunch of non-ladder SOJS and giving them to specific people.
-There must be a new method to spawn DClones.
-You do not want this fight altered.

9 Likes

well yes there needs to be a new way to spawn him, this method of spawning him was directly because blizzard was trying to remove the massive amount of soj’sd on nonladder.
it cant work here becuase.
1: there arn’t a million sojs on non ladder
2. the servers on bnet 2.0 don’t work this way

so yeah there NEEDS to be a new way to spawn him

i was wondering what people here thought would be a good way to spawn him

19 Likes

Add a little sacrificial pit to real Diablo’s area. Throw a single SoJ into the pit to spawn him in just that one game.

16 Likes

Ah, ok! Your text was too passionate and emotive. I had to make sure! : )

1 Like

i was thinking something more along the lines of keysets and organ sets, essences.
dclone toughness the same toughness at baal and diablo in uber trist and the 3 key bosses before them.
so as long as they don’t do something completely stupid like make you use the “standard of heros” from the uber trist fight. ( aka have to deal with mephies stupid aura) a collection method would work.
besides i want to be able to do this fight frequently. its my fav fight in the game. i would frequent go around the irc server and kill d clone for people in their game after i got my annis from my own server because he is just so much fun to face.

a think a “soj” method would be well it would work for sure, and it would be… whats the word I’m looking for… thematic?
but i would rather just be able to help other people kill their dclone because
ITS SOO MUCH FUN TO KILL HIM.
and “sojs” are a bit hard to come by if you are talking about" legit" ones…

4 Likes

Something like this would be coolest. Or smashing a Stone of Jordan at the Hellforge.

17 Likes

They could add a specific more common item or one you get in a specific dependable way called a “Fabricated Stone of Jordan” or something like that that you then destroy/sacrifice to spawn him.

2 Likes

that would be cool, you find peices of an SOJ similar to how you find essense of keys. and meld them together to form a “faux” soj that u smash, and that spawns. him. in your game
i like it!!!

3 Likes

They already mentioned looking at Dclone during Blizzcon, so I’m confident they will change the way he is spawned. The OG method would be impossible to pull off, Anni would become the rarest item in the game…

2 Likes

not to mention the new battle.net 2.0 donest even do IP’s on servers in the same way.

2 Likes

I would say just sell a single precious SOJ and he spawns in your game, not the whole server. This would allow it to work in SP as well.

5 Likes

How about D clone spawns only in game the key item is sold in.

Keep it as SoJ.

Mephisto’s conviction aura is nothing, If you can’t hang with the big boys you got work to do.

2 Likes

I would say just sell a single precious SOJ and he spawns in your game, not the whole server. This would allow it to work in SP as well. I’m a big fan of SP and just being there alone, not on a leggy server. I do agree, Dclone is very fun, and I hope they make this available in a fun way, but I think the original cost, SOJs is still fair. Just maybe not 80+ if you’re doing it on your own.

3 Likes

lol oh i CAN do it uber trist , i have done it before… i just dont have fun doing it.

i do love running the mini ubers that change keys into organs, lilith duriel and izzy
and baal and diablo are fun i just dont like doing mephy as it would force me to swap chars to one a find much more boring to play. let alone having to pay for the gear to make said char, and i’ve never been a fan of smiters. which is the cheapest way to really do it effectively. i run the mini ubers for fun and save my friend time with their keysets, and they kill mephy for me, that way we both have fun with that we like doing and both help out each other… i save him time converting his keysets into organs and i get to do the fights i like. and he finishes off mephy after i kill baal and diablo its a win/win for both of us.

1 Like

its made this way to be extremely difficulty for a solo player to do, its intentional. taking it and scaling the challenge down make it like handing out class specific OP charms.

Also smite was never meant to hit 100% of the time. I was using smite in 1.09 to smack people around. its amazing it took so long for the masses to figure it out.

1 Like

i never liked mephys aura, it limits the builds u can use WAY too much, that’s the problem i have with it. i mean sure i can play a build that can kill him easily but i don’t find those builds fun, and yeah there some some builds that i can use my current werewolf druid for by using ribcracker and COH, but thats still time and gear for only that 1 scenario i dont have fun doing.

what makes the mini ubers, uber baal, uber diablo, and dclone so much fun is, u can do them with basically any hell viable build with very few exceptions. sure if u use certain builds its going to be way easier but you don’t “need” to make a specific character for it you can just take your strongest char and do it without needing to spend extra hr’s on gear you will only ever use in that 1 specific circumstance.

and dclone takes the cake out of all them them as by far the most fun.
at once season i had easily 6 different chars to kill him
i have killed him with a javzon, a kicksin, fury druid, even a MF hammerdin with no open wounds or crushing blow was about to out flat out dps his healing. although without open wounds and crushing blow its much slower

1 Like

I killed D clone on a level 70’s fire sorc with resistances in the 20’s and 30’s on hardcore. with no BO from a support barb

That was intense.

Uber Mephisto can be downed by a Tals MF sorc if you know what you’re doing you dont need insane gear.

A base smiter with trash gear can solo ubers,

Youre wanting end game content dumbed down so anyone can do it? whats the point?

2 Likes

just make the amount of sojs to spawn less. its that simple

2 Likes

Pretty sure they said it will be the same way except i imagine it wont be a mass amount of sojs probably just 1-10

2 Likes