D2R Diablo Clone Change

I know there’s already a thread about it in the D2R section but I cannot comment there
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/diablo-walks-the-earth-spawning-dclone-in-d2r/27376

We seriously need to trigger the Diablo Clone some other way. Selling SOJs was only possible/in the game because they were duped en masse. If duping is gone, the Diablo Clone may as well almost not exist in the game.

How about a farmable solution?
My initial thought was: Maybe he spawns once you killed EVERY act boss but you only get a small CHANCE to drop Annihilius?
I also REALLY like this idea Rogier78 posted though

I think it would be fun that if you clear all superuniques in a hell game you have a 25% of spawning Dclone. Yes a lot of work/ killing, but that gives an incentive to play in groups and play all acts/ parts of the game, at least if you want to hunt for Dclone.

Make it so it’s also possible to get it OFFLINE too in any case.

1 Like

as the person who MADE that thread

i would much prefer a way where he is a monster you can easily make appear, but has a much lower chance of “Dropping” the anni.

as a dclone farming the fun was the “fight” not the “anni”

having a way to spawn him similar to torch where u gather mats from specific bosses would be fine imo,

but i would rather those mats have a higher chance to spawn and then hit d clone himself with a “non 100% chance” to drop the anni

than say make those mats harder to come by say 8% chance per boss but u need to farm 9 of them

This takes less than a half hour without teleport, with hardest monster to find being Kaa, and that only takes about 5 minutes if you’re unlucky and find him in the last tomb. So pretty much every good to elite player could have multiple Anni every day.

That might well be the case. But then again if they put in the effort, why not?

It’s no effort compared to finding even 1 SoJ.

Exactly. Which is why the system needs to be changed somehow, who in their right minds sells 80-125 LEGIT sojs?

Dupers :rofl:, today though it’s a community effort, which still is a garbage system.

TheDarkJedi, in my opinion, has made the best suggestion. Selling an SoJ in a game gives a 20 -25 % chance to spawn him in that game.

As for your idea, I too came up with something along those lines several years ago in the second official D2 forum. I suggested a counter that we can’t see. In hell the game records our every kill in every area of the game, and when we’ve killed a predetermined amount of monsters in every area, he is then spawned. Every area would have a different kill requirement based on the average amount of monsters that spawn in each area. The Blood Moor for example would require 3000 kills, the DoE 4000, Cold Plains 5000, the Burial Grounds 500 and so on through the entire game. The numbers we kill carry over to the next game and it isn’t reset until he spawns, which could take a week or two of hard work.

It’ll be interesting to see how it works in D2:R. And will they tell us how to do it?

Pretty good idea. And I hope the kill requirements would have some randomization so you couldn’t so easily count it (f.e. 100 clears of area X) and the spawn would be a bit of surprise.

Yea it was super fun to play a smiter and hold down left click…

1 Like

The ground rumbles just after a Flayer kill…

It would be awesome!

just more grind to spawn … yawn

why not simply put a
x uniques sold per server in (and make normal uniquest worth less than exceptionals or elites)
or simply tie it to other items than SoJ,

venom wards or isenhart’s for example

The good thing about the Dia Clone is that you really don’t need a smiter for it. Sure, a smiter makes it a sleepwalk but other builds can absolutely take this one on too

Hmmm. I dunno about that. Selling 100 SOJs to get a few anni’s is tight… Could make it spawn in more games, like IP ranges or something. If it was a crafting thing it should still involve an SOJ xD

I think it’s a given that the current system for spawning D.C. has got to change, unless there’s going to be mass duping in D2:R like there is in D2/LOD.

2 Likes

If they do NOT change how the DClone is spawned then I sure hope duping SoJs will keep happening.
The only Annis I ever got were when I accidentally was in IPs that people triggered, heh

just change it to selling Zod runes,
#1 can be crafted so it’s “easier” to obtain by anyone.
#2 usefulness of zod is more limited when compared with an SOJ
#3 cant do anything with a Zod if your class doesnt need it, neither can you upgrade it. So the willingness to sell zod as compared to SOJ will be higher.

You don’t think the staggering rarity of (legit) Zods isn’t something of a minor flaw in this plan? :wink:

In the time it takes to farm 10 SoJs off nm Andy, you have less odds in that time frame to find a single Zod anywhere. If I had 10 Zod runes, I’d make 10 different ebotd weapons. If I had 10 Sojs, I’d sell them all. BK is better than SoJ.

you guys are missing the point where you can craft a zod and you cant craft an soj

You’re missing the point. Ok, so you can turn 2 Cham runes into a Zod rune, do you have any idea at how incredibly rare Cham runes are? Vastly rarer than SoJ’s that’s for sure!