Not changing how Dclone spawns is a Terrible idea

it has been confirmed by blizzard that sing single player u can spawn dclone by selling 1 soj.

while not ideal… thats fine i guess.

the issues arises that you simply ported over the existing 80-120 per sever. to spawn him on realm.

now i went over all the issues with this in this thread here

but now thats its confirmed thats it unchanged… let go over the BIGGEST issues.

1. the original system was put in place to removed duped SOJ’s from the economy, in terms of fulfilling that propose it was a great design… it DID get rid all the duped sojs.
    the issue arose that… once they were all gone… it PROMOTED duping.

2. if the servers keep the same type of setup as the original game… and you are thrown on a random one… it would take a group of people get a walk together.

back before duped sojs ran out around 2010 this was done on dclone irc (internet relay chat) think of it similar to a “discord” text chat but without pictures or voice.

runs were done by getting a group of people together and them all buying some SOJ’s (on jsp) on nonladder, we would then give them all to one person, who would make a non-ladder game. the ip he landed on (which he could check would be told to the people who donated the sojs, and once everyone landed on it with as many CD keys as they had, we made the IP public in the IRC so everyone else had a chance to get in, and an hour after it was made public… we walked the server)

now if the server still work this way… then we have 2 issues.

the first is… we cant see the ip… anymore…
even if we manged to get 120 sojs as a group… no one would be able to ensure we all landed on the same ip… we would never be able to ensure we even got an anni for the sojs.
it would be impossible to get a walk together without a way to view what IP we are on

and 2nd the reason the dclone irc died around 2010-2011? was because after all the duped sojs were sold and the common duping methods patched… the price of sojs went up.
eventually the price of the amount of NL sojs you needed to buy was more than an the anni you would get… this means unless u had 2 cd keys you could not participate unless u wanted a “net loss” of in-game currency. now for a while we are able to just get more people to donate… but eventually it just because too much.
and people who did not own multiple cd keys could not afford to take place.
as the duped sojs dwindled even lower… those with 2 cd keys could not afford.
meanwhile because less and less walks are happening and people cant participate anymore people leave the server… this made it even harder and harder to find people… and because they are already so expensive we needed a larger and larger group of people to get a walk going… meanwhile we have less and less people.

eventually the place just became a ghost town… and no more walks were doable.

all the walks in the past 10 or 20 years? they are all done by botters and sell sites… and on very rare occations at the start of new ladders… rich jsp users.

the community itself… it died.

why? because the duped sojs were gone because the event succeeded in its purpose to remove them.

and on top of that… out of all the items to dupe? sojs was near worthless so those who could still dupe them chose to do other items… like hr’s which could be easily made perm simply by making a RW with them

and now… with a fresh game… ZERO sojs… the system is unchanged
how the hell is he going to spawn?
you cant see the ip… you cant get a group together… even if you DID becuase no one can afford 80-120 REAL sojs,
and since botting should HOPEFULLY be addressed.

its going to be completely impossible for him to ever spawn…

so whats the the other option

1. if the server are all the same… then yes he WILL spawn… it means you can get a group together and becuase you will always be on the same ip its even easier to get this group…
    this would make it fairly easy to spawn him… so great whats the issue?

well the issue here isnt with the game… its with the network.

if you all have the same ip… then whenever he walks … he walks in EVERY hell game in existence.
which poses two VERY bad problems

thew first of which is…
what happens when people see sojs starting to sell and they are in a public game?
well if its was me… i would leave that game… get ona hell character… and make a new private game… so can get my anni… this is because he now spawns in EVERY game.

so… you just told EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ONLINE to “leave thier game…” and “make a new game”

i shouldnt need to tell you servers arnt designed to handle this… but if i do need to tell you… then here:

SERVERS AREN’T DESIGNED TO HANDLE THIS!!!

for the same reason the telephone system gets overloaded during an emergency because everyone wants to call thier loved ones… the server will getb overloaded.

because any any one time… very few people are actively making new games, and the game creation servers only need to be able to handle a fraction of the people at any one time.

if u tell EVERYONE to make a game all at once…

then u effectively DDOS the servers. you get a "midnight launch day senario, except it’s every time a single soj is sold.
and you need those up ALL THE TIME.

becuase what else did u just do?
you told EVERY PLAYER that " at any time any hell game im in can walk"
so EVERY PLAYER is going just open up a hell game and just afk in there when they arn’t playing… just so they get an anni when it happens to walk…

this means blizzard now has to pay for servers and electricity to keep nearly EVERY PLAYER online 24/7.

which is a HUGE expense, WAY more than it would otherwise be.

so regardless of how the servers are set up, it it works the old way, if u can see the ip or not. or if they are all the same server. NOT CHANGING DCLONE BREAKS THE GAME.
either because he cant be spawned at all, or because blizzard is going to spend 5x as much money paying for the servers because people are doing to make all their games at once and keep thier games open 24/7.

the solution is OBVOIUS…

CHANGE how he spawns…

blizzard made bosses to farm for both keys and essences… and they did both of those in a PATCH… I’m sure the have the resources to do that when they are doing a REMASTER.

and its doesn’t need to be complex…

personally i would liek ti to be a fight u can do frequently becuase i love doing the fight…
we dont “need” him to drop the anni every time.

and yeah i hear you people like the “theme” of sojs…
ok well make we can gather peices of a faux (fake) soj and cube them together and sell that.

or better yet… lets make it interesting… lets smash that at the hellforge

there are tons of ways u can do this to make it interesting and thats what the original thread i made was about

i do care about anni’s, because i think they resists are important.
but what i really love is the fight… and i was so happy when they announced you could do it i single player… i was absolute devastated when u revealed you are trying to port this broken system to d2:R this NEEDS to be fixed.

10 Likes

We don’t yet know the full mechanics of the event… All we know is it is the same number of SoJ’s to trigger the event. Anything beyond that is conjecture. So put your crystal ball down and relax, there’s no need to work ourselves up into another frantic nail biting worrywart guess fest.

1 Like

i mean, that’s how it previously worked, and that doesn’t work with being able to see the server IP AND without having a ton of dupped/ botted sojs to sell, NEITHER of which we have.

the old the system requires two things to function and we don’t have either… i would call not changing it serious cause for concern.

1 Like

Uber Diablo was released 17 years, 10 months and 17 days ago, which is plenty of time for Blizzard to have analyzed the positives and negatives of the event to make a well informed decision on how to carry it over into Diablo II:Resurrected.

I wonder what traditionalist think about this idea. :thinking:

ROFL.
because if blizzard is well known for something, its for making “well informed decisions”

oh and don’t forget “real names” and “RMAH”

3 Likes

Yeah that’s really funny and all, but unfortunately it doesn’t really do anything for your argument.

I’m starting to think you’re one that thrives on confrontation. So on that note, I’ll take this opportunity to bow out of this conversation.

Have fun.

Good idea, just take the L and move on. :clap:

2 Likes

I am glad it was not changed. Anni is supposed to be very rare. Dclone has walked in only 2 of my games in the past 3 seasons, but I have never had a problem trading for an anni when I need one. Lets just wait and see how it goes in D2R before flying off the hinges about what we think might possibly happen.

2 Likes

thats the thing though, i dont CARE about the anni. i care about the FIGHT.

i don’t care about how hard it is to get anni, i just want to be able to do the fight over and over, anni’s be damned.
THATS why i came an anni farmer, becuase i could do the fight over and over, and then even more to help other people kill him.

its the best fight in d2. it shouldn’t be locked behind somthing nearly impossible to do just because it drops a good item…
if they have to make it so he has a .05% chance to drop anni… fine… just let me FIGHT HIM.

lol ok if you say so. He is very weak and can be taken down by just about any char with halfway decent gear/skills. Far from the best fight in D2 imo, but to each their own.

1 Like

I guess after Blizzard (VV) realizes that not a single Dclone spawned in a ladder, they will adjust it.

By the way, I personally think they want to get rid of this event for now, as the kills the frame rate completely.

1 Like

I think he will be spawning in the first week. 20 years Blizz has failed to stop bots, and I can guarantee there will be bots day 1. Maybe not in public games right away, but they will be there in private games, farming soj to spawn Dclone, because they know people are gonna have their hard earned cash ready to buy an anni for whatever ridiculous price they post it for.

1 Like

weak compared to what? uber tristram? yeah… but not compared to anything else.

uber trist is a complete mess, its a terribly designed fight that has a ton of different immunites constantly spawning monsters… mephy and his minions cant be leeched from other than with life tap becuase they have no leech value,
and on top of that mephies has a BS conviction aura which SEVERELY limits builds.

can i do uber trist? yes… but its boring… it forces me to play builds i hate… its no fun… there is no “variety”

dclone on the other hand… has 95% all resistances but has no immunties, u can fight him anywhere u want, and has about the same difficulty as the mini ubers like lilith, duriel, and izzy.

what makes it fun is the ability TO do it on any build.

and yes you CAN make the fight last 3 seconds if u have the correct build… but why do that?

this fight is something that is al about “finding a way to outdamage his lifesteal and resistances to kill him”
and yeah there are simple mechanics like open wounds u can use to override his life leech to a negative value, but he still has a TON of hp and very high resistances, and with any NORMAL build not “specifically designed” to melt him… EASILY the best fight in the game

its not about “staying alive”

it doesn’t limit your build

its more fun than ancients, mini ubers, and baal.

( and uber trist, but uber trist isn’t fun at all, so that’s not saying much of anything)

dclone is the endgame fight that STILL allows you ANY build you want… its the ultimate endgame experience, because its the ONLY endgame experience that DOESN’T limit your build.

i feels like the actual “final boss” of the game. because diablo 2 is “play your way”. and dclone is the hardest boss that u still CAN play your way

1 Like

I think you are just horrible at uber trist because it’s never “a complete mess” when I do it. There are also many different builds that can do uber trist, I mean hell I’ve been doing it recently with a melee sorc so at this point I say it’s a troll post I’m out PcE.

nope, its great. lets keep annis super rare.

1 Like

you realize this thread has nothing to do the the rarity of annis at all, and entirely to do with logistics.

and you should know based on the post i made in your thread… i don’t care about the rarity of anni’s at all… i want the FIGHT.

i mean I’m not going to lie… you choose an appropriate name.

this isn’t about the “anni” at all… its about the method used to spawn the the fight.

that’s method is broken

the fact is you cant see that is just because you cant be bothered to spend half a brain cell to realize how or why the system worked in the first place.

i know how that system worked… i spent OVER 4 YEARS USING IT,
i used it, i abused it, i know the pros, the cons, the in’s and outs,
and unless someone like PortalDemon got a job there or they hired other higher ups from the dclone irc community
then, i likely know more about how runs were done than anyone currently working at VV.

i don’t care if he doesn’t drop the anni at all,
but you just come in here with the completely ignorant viewpoint of “dont change it”.

and you expect a system that is designed from the ground up to rid the servers of hundreds of duped sojs per day to just be plopped down into a system with zero sojs.

and on a new server setup that makes it completely impossible for any player to set up a run., because u cant check the ip you’re on.

this isn’t about anni’s it NEVER WAS.

YOU don’t know how the old system worked, how people put runs together, what we used to track the ips, how the entire server network was set up.

I DO

so stop it with the entire
You know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April.

type of mentality. and let the people who are you know… the experts on the subject… do the talking… you know… before you hurt yourself…

1 Like

I don’t agree with making it frequent because it was designed to be a “holy s***” moment where the screen starts shaking and “Diablo walks the earth”. Just like in the TV show Reboot where the the purple gamecube comes down with the “Warning - incoming game”. Do you know how rare it is to experience something like that in a video game? It’s never been done before in gaming history. It needs to stay as a blockbuster moment.

I know you’re going to disagree with this but my argument is it adds tremendously to the atmosphere of the game, and that’s a massive part of why we enjoy this game.

raises flame shield

1 Like

ok so u wan to keep it a “blockbuster moment”? ok then, how exactly do u plan do fix the issues i talked abut then. because if you port the current system over… it wont be.

it wont be a “rare” item… it will be a “non-existent” item… because people wont be able to even SET UP WALKS. because we cant see the ip’s.

i know you people seem to think the he just “magically” walked in your games but that’s NOT what happened at all, myself and the other members of the dclone irc community are the ones who put them together, we are the ones who GAVE you that chance.

and I’m telling everyone right now… WE WONT BE ABLE TO DO THAT. if the current system is ported over.

yes we could get 120 sojs together, it will be hard and expensive but we could do it…

the problem is… why CAN’T see which ip will walk… so no one is going to hand over like 10 sojs to not get an anni

and again… with no bots or duped these are REAL sojs this time.

so chances are people will be hard pressed to get 1 or2 the first ladder season let alone enough to start a run
like 1/1500 bugged nm andy runs best case senario sojs.

and if all the ip’s are shared that poses the other issue… people will leave the game on 24/7 to get a chance at a walk when they are sleeping.
and people will instantly remake as soon as 1 sojs sells, effectively ddosing the game creation server…
THAT scenario poses a absolute nightmare for blizzard’s networking team, as they would need roughly 5-10x as many servers up at once as they normally would… which is
MONEY…

1 Like

OK we get it, you want to play a certain way, and every other way is wrong… TO YOU… But thats ok, you should be able to enjoy it the way you want, unless thats removed, then you gotta deal with it.

This reeks of " they havnt gotten to that yet" and thats a big negative on the devs, I doubt it will be 75-120 sojs moving forward and no real plan to make him walk on the global server.
I think they will re-visit it before the Ladder launch, or they have it already in the chamber and plan to attach it right to Ladder S1 and off we go.

1 Like