Is 1 SoJ for Dclone fair?

it was 80-120 and yes we did, i ran annis for nearly 6 years

and no NOTHING to do with “sojs” is acceptable.
people didnt sell LADDER sojs to make dclone walk on ladder… we all sold NON-LADDER sojs
because the servers shared the same IP between ladder and nonladder, so sell NL sojs on server 40 made all hell games on server 40 walk NL AND ladder.

the reason dclone was implement was to remove the large amount of NL Soj’s which had been duped from the game because they couldn’t remove them with a full ruststorm.

i dont mind dclone having a new spawning methods but it shouldnt be based on selling “sojs” we dont want to remove those from the economy.

the is a reason u dont see many anni’s anymore… there are no NL sojs left to sell really.

dclone spawn was never “random” and it shouldn’t BE random, we worked as a TEAM to spawn him. we bought nl SOJ’s donated them all to a person who then picked an IP, and he game us time for all of us to land a game on that IP on all of our CD keys. ( thats why i had 4 copies of d2, so i could sandbox 4 of them and get 4 annis per pack of SOJ’s i payed for the run rather than just 1), ( and yes 4 is the max amount of copies u can run at once with a single IP.)

after we all landed on our IP the IP address would be made public for rest of the dclone irc community and they would have 1-2 hours to land on it, then we would “walk” with the sojs.

every game now on bnet 2.0 has the same “IP” as they dont use that system anymore, we dont have “millions of duped soj we need to delete from NL”

the spawn system needs to be redone from scratch, make it something like farming keys or tokens.

u cant just make it “walk every game” becuase it would mean EVERY SINGLE HELL GAME.
people would just leave thier client running on overnight in case somesone decided to walk.

i dont understand why you are all so obsessed with keeping it “soj” related.

none of you ever made a walk happen… i did.

1 Like

Last sentence is pretty presumptive :slight_smile: you weren’t the only anni hunter here lol.

But yea I have to agree the system must change for technical reasons, I still feel SOJs are a good thing to use, they’re a low lvl ring that doesn’t have many uses other than sometimes filling a ring slot, but almost never in PvP, I want SoJ to retain some value. I think it would be nice to use SOJs for anni again, it’s a nostalgia thing.

ladder SOJ most certainly had value, by the time the 2010’s rolled around even NL sojs were so hard to come my the dclone community basically evaporated as would cost too much to walk him even if u had 4 clients and 20 people working together trying to donate even 5 nl sojs…
it worked they removed basically all the duped SOJ’s.
a one thriving community turned into a “ghost town” becuase all the duped SOJ’s evaporated becuase that was the goal.

if they want to keep it “soj” related… then maybe u can farm mats and cube them to make a “faux soj” that u smash at the hellforge to make him walk in your game… but i dont think getting rid of REAL sojs is a good idea.

1 Like

Hmm. If they decide to make it similar to torch hunting, I’ll tolerate it, but it basically makes SOJs far more useless in LoD…

BK is better than SoJ on a lot of chars, SoJ is rarely a BiS ring.

I honestly think selling 1 SoJ for a chance at an anni, or a guaranteed anni would be a pretty good addition to farming.

Bring back NM Andariel runs, haha.

Man, you are not the only one that played this game. I also participated in private walks, as some others here, i guess.

It was like about 4-5 ladders ago when we had a clean ladder for a couple months, bots got shut down when they released a patch in the same reset day. That ladder had very few annis out there and some legit private walks were made again. It is possible to spawn clone without any botted/duped soj, it makes it just less frequent and a much more expensive item.

i was directly responding to a person who literally said “no one really know how much it takes” i was referring to the people who don’t understand how it works and who dont bother trying to learn and just assuming stuff. i made a dclone thread myself

Im checking it, but you are missing that now the nl and ladder soj count are different for each ip and the clone still is worth to get spammed.

If there is just one ip now, the soj needed to make a walk must be raised and the problem is solved, there wont be that much duped/botted soj, but the base community will be much larger, so there will be more random soj sellers.

What about having a new recipe that requires a torch, a soj, and standard of heros to make a portal to Diablo Clone? or at least as a 2nd way of getting an anni other then selling 80 Sojs?

this is false, they have the same IP. i know this for a fact. i dont know if they were ever different but i know that since at least 2008 ( probably more like 2004) they have been the same.
we donate non-ladder sojs to walk ladder games, that is our buy in… so obviously if 15 people donate 10 nl sojs, and then they guys sells them… and our ladder game walks… its doesn’t take a genius to figure out they use the same IP.

if someone try to ask for ladder Sojs then you are ripping you off… u don’t sell LADDER sojs to make him walk, they aren’t duped there that would be a waste

I feel that he was trying to suggest how it will be in D2R, though I’m not 100% sure as his post is a bit …hard to read. Yes, in D2legacy NL and ladder share ips…I am not sure if he was talking about that though…

At any rate…I am curious to hear what the devs will decide…Whatever it is I just hope it’s fun!

Actually funny how rare this discussion happens - since I guess it´s a topic 99% of all players will agree - we need changes there :slight_smile:

Considering the rarity of SoJs and the unwillingness to sell your own one, while you could instead wait for others to potentially sell theirs…

I guess 1 SoJ / Clone is a fair solution - although I think it lacks some “creativity”. Personally I havent come up with a better idea yet.

1 Like

Agree it lacks creativity. Agree I haven’t thought of anything better either lol.

Ohhhh wait I just had an idea…rings are already gambled often right, to give gold extra value, what if every time an SoJ is gambled at a vendor Dclone walks in ‘x’ number of games? Numbers TBD.

What think?

1 soj per anni? no

8-10 soj’s per dclone

nah. maybe like 100 would be ok

Couldn’t stand how Dclone was spawned. Sure it was about dupes, but to flag this as good design is nuts. Let us just spawn him with some kind of rare crafting materials.

3 Likes

You are wrong my friend. That is how it worked in the past, since the last 2-3 ladders non ladder soj selling doesnt pop clone in ladder, i know the ip is still shared, but that no longer works.

Dclone drops guaranteed anni.

A bad roll Anni is way more powerful than an SoJ. I’d argue it’s at least 3 times more powerful.

At a minimum I’d say 3-5 soj to spawn DClone only in your game. If I were to make a change.

A god roll Anni is probably worth 40 SoJs. So no, 1 soj sacrifice to me isn’t reasonable for the power you get.

5 Likes

One thing to consider is that we wont be needing as many Anni’s because of shared stash. Personally I wont need more than one, unless they make it impossible to put in the shared stash.

And I never got lucky enough to drop a SOJ so there is no way I’m ever going to sell one!

not really. considering all regions are on one realm now, it could be 1000 sojs and it would be pretty frequent I assume.

SoJ’s are still rare to find even when you farm for them. Also, not all people who find SoJ’s are going to sell them to vendors to count towards D Clone. Some people will end up wearing SoJ’s.