The New Runewords - Observations

The New Runewords at a glance -

Plague - Uses Cham. 220-320 top end %ed. grants cleansing and psn damage. It looks pretty useless. Recommend you add the indestructible mod (and include Zod).
Pattern - Tal Ort Thul. Level 25ish? runes. Claw (like asssassins needed a further boost) - similar to spirit with tri elemental damage. With MDR Bug (see 4th topic referenced below) this has no impact on LLD, but is a decent claw for leveling your assassin. I feel its missing a mod (crushing blow, deadly strike. Otherwise recommend you change the damage range to 100-150ed(varies).
Unbending Will - Fal Rune (level 31~39?) Massive damage and a fantastic weapon for leveling. very good addition to PvM (the weapon to be used before level 49 Oath). Great creation. The only issue is its 6 sockets (can take a while to find, limited 6 socket swords).
Wisdom - Pul (level 41-49?) piercing, mana leech and cannot be frozen. a good starter runeword for java’s prior to finding griffon etc. a good addition to the runewords
Obsession - Zod. I feel this is weaker then 2 spirits and not worth the Zod. Recommend you consider (thinks of 200% FCR sorc for a moment ) 20+20+20+30+20+20) Yes, Recommend you consider minimum 70% and explore even granting it 70%-90% FCR (Varies). This would have the desired effect of making this a go-to runeword but not overpowered noting you sacrifice block.
Flickering Flame - Vex. A decent PvM runeword, really needed 20fcr to be a keeper though. again hard to justify the Vex. seriously consider adding a adds 10-20% FCR to the runeword.
Mist - Cham. An Alternate to Windforce early on. will probably be used alot (since faith is so hard to get for so long). A good addition to the runewords.

Overall, nothing game breaking. I would refer to my suggestions above to be seriously considered, especially for that staff. Also re: below: The game is crying out for a mid rune +1 teleport armor (Ist) runeword. Finally I would suggest considering allowing Oath to be made in Polearms and Spears as well.

Another suggestion would be an armor that grants the skill Burst of Speed (level 10ish?) with w/e other mods you can think of.

======================================================================
My first post was for the consideration of an entrance level runeword granting teleport, on the basis that it would be a “class balance fix” enabling more classes to be viable (played) from Day1 of ladder. i got a 404 when revisiting the topic so i made a new topic here: Please consider a new Mid-Level Runeword Granting +Teleport

My second Topic related to “shopping” items from vendors - refresh tool and possible ability to shop and/or gamble sorceress orbs - Shopping from Vendors - refresh screen

My third Topic related to the buffs to Necro’s and Paladins where i suggested that the buffs only be for PvM and not for PvP and that FoH should not have its casting delay reduced/removed: Bone Spirit, Aura’s and FoH do not need these buffs

My fourth topic related to the MDR Bug where having multiple elements of damage would actually REDUCED your damage where your opponent had items that grant the ability “magic damage reduced” (mdr) : The Magic Damage Reduced (MDR) bug in PvP

My Fifth topic related to a bug where if you used jewels with enhanced damage + min/max, in anything other then a weapon, it would bug the item and not grant the correct damage modifier as specific on the jewel: The Jewel Bug - how damage from jewels does not work properly

My sixth topic related to charge bug, how a fix has caused a problem, and the ww bug how something has changed with how it works resulting in less damage for the iconic build: Please fix “Charge Bug” and Barbarian WW Bugs

My seventh topic reviewed the new runewords and provided feedback relating to them. Basically, they are an addition to the game, slightly underpowered but they filled a gap. More needed, slightly better mods required. i.e. with some minor tweaks some of these runewords will be great while still not being overpowered. The New Runewords - Observations

My eight topic related to the Shaper Nerf in the PTR where Increased Attack Speed (IAS) in shaper forms was made to make more weapons viable but as a side effect appears to have unintentionally crippled Shapers. Shape attack speeds issue - Not working as intended

Yeah, I think a lot of us were hoping that there would be some new budget rune words to offer increased mobility in the early game. Disappointed this opportunity has been missed…

Sorc has teleport, Paladin has charge/vigor, Assassin has burst of speed/dragon talon, barb has increased speed/leap/frenzy…

But then Amazon, Necro, and Druid have nothing for mobility (well fury druid has feral rage, but that only helps one build, and Amazon’s usual BiS gear normally has some good FRW, but again, no help at the start of ladder)…

Teleport staves and amulets are an option… Then there is the Harmony bow rune word for vigor… But that weapon swap slot is so important for the Call to Arms weapon, when you finally craft it… And once you do craft CtA, your flexibility with your weapon swap is basically gone, so that just leave teleport amulets which are a freaking pain in the @ss to recharge and take up a critical slot (such as Mara’s or Highlord’s)…

I think we really, really, really, really need some lower tier options prior to Enigma to enhance mobility… Some runewords in the Mal/Ist/Vex range would be really welcome that give some more mobility options, some ideas:

1. Body armour rune word that comes with limited teleport charges (30?). If it had a mod that automatically replenished the charges slowly, or had some mods that made it cheaper to repair/replenish charges, that would fantastic.

2. An alternative to Harmony in a weapon/body armor runeword that grants Vigor aura.

3. Runeword that grants Charge oskill

4. Runeword that grants Leap oskill

5. Runeword that grants Burst of Speed oskill

6. Runeword that grants Dragon Talon oskill

All these ideas would be great additions to give some much needed mobility to other classes… Without these changes, it will almost always be mandatory to start ladder with a sorceress, so you can farm enough runes/wealth to build you’re first Enigma…

The whole in-game economy is build around “how quickly and efficiently can a sorceress farm this thing”… Choosing to not create a sorc at the start of the ladder really just cripples your ability to keep up with the rest of the economy, and makes gearing up your characters really difficult and time consuming.

I think more options for increased mobility have been sadly missed in the latest batch of rune words. Please consider mobility skills in the future, as this will greatly diversify the range of characters that players can choose to play with at the start of the ladder :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

There’s many items in the game that provide charges to teleport.

1 Like

I don’t think that it really needs the 20% fcr. I think it will be BiS for fire druids due to the -fire res.

Or do you think shako is better overall due to +2 all skills?

the 20 fcr would be SOOOOO nice for pvp. you cant hit the 200 fcr fire build with this circlet. though i would put a range on it like 10-20 fcr. a good pvp circlet for vex is a bit cheap. a good pvp circlet for 10 vex at worst is another thing

think most people fail to see what it offers. A Act 5 with this one will constantly cast lower res lvl 12, that can break 110% lightning res. he needs to take 5 hits in 45 seconds for it to be on constantly. also an average 1.6k life merc should be able to take 32-64 hits (baal’s minion damage 50-100) before dying with 50% damage reduction. that is a butdget option for infinity. for cham, instead of 2 ber. radius is 12 yards, so full screen.

Flickering Flame - Vex. A decent PvM runeword, really needed 20fcr to be a keeper though. again hard to justify the Vex.

If it has 20% FCR as well, then all the runes need to be high runes above Vex…

or rng. 10-20fcr means basically you would spend 10 vex on average to get the 20fcr.

Obsession will be absolutely beastly, rip spirit/hoto for end game sorcs. You lose 20 FCR but gain the exact same amount of skill pts with 2 spirit pieces and end game sorcs run Spirit + hoto so that’s just 25 FCR more than that staff. Let’s be realistic, the odds of getting perf spirit and perf hoto is not easy, obsession comes with 65 FCR right off the bat.

Now let’s think about this real quick, losing 20 FCR (or gaining +20 FCR) & gaining potentially +7 skills VS losing that extra +3 skills (potentially +3 synergies) for that extra 20 FCR won’t be worth it.

For fire sorcs, pair that up with that forbidden flamey helmet and ayayaye.

I agree pattern could be nice in LLD to make claw assassin exist there.
I would add the 5% amplify damage chance to proc on hit or on attack !
And/or the self repair

They forgot that ! Unbending will cannot be made easily at stages it supposed to be possible.
They could AT LEAST also add it on 2 hand axes and mauls !!!

A Lum rune is appropriate !!!

Should be added on a underused runeword like venom with addition of +10 poison dagger non class skill for example.

The Vigor and Leap , for Fast movement, could be easily solved - Just make in Normal Unique Boots which provide +2 to Vigor and +2 to Leap to be made O-Skills (instead Pala only and Barb only). These boots could be upgraded to exceptional and be quite OK to be honest.

The next cases , in order to make game more versatille, would be to provide O-Skills on further weapons

1. FURY RW - for 5 to Frenzy, so we can try Dual Claws Frenzy Sin
  2. Plague bearer - for 5 to Rabies, could be interesting for dual wield Barb with “Plague”

And most important
Make exceptional dagger “Heart Carver” also O-skills, so any class can have on swich +4 to Find Item, +4 to Grim Ward (so we dont have to make separate Horking barb char Just for one skill) and also to benefit from new Grim ward

Thanks

One of the builds that really interests me going forward is an Unbending Will Zerker with integer damage reduction. 8 on the weapon seems like a lot. With pretty mediocre gear, say Gladiator’s Bane, Gerke’s Sanctuary a couple of Sols, an Amulet of Life Everlasting, and some crafted safety gear, you could be a 100 damage reduction pretty fast. Not a lot of things do that much damage. The - damage on Battle Cry comes off before damage reduction is subtracted. It could make for a very damage proof zerker.

No it’s not. Don’t make it sound like this is something everybody wants, I sure don’t.

How about we nerf Teleport hard, instead of making it even more mandatory than it already is. The game got so many items to offer, yet people think Teleport limiting players to a few is great game design. It’s depressing to see the direction people are pushing D2 in.

1 Like

Stop giving Barb skills away :stuck_out_tongue: If you want to hork you have to make a barb!

1 Like

Thats silly idea of giving more and more skills to other characters. Bit by bit removing uniqueness of characters, so others can use their skill.

Everyone uses enigma because teleport is overpowered 1 point skill.
Rather just nerf teleport to have replenishable charges both on Enigma and sorceress. Replenish faster with skill points invested. This can remove it from being so spammable.