The Magic Damage Reduced (MDR) bug in PvP

This topic is being posted in an attempt for the developers to fix a known bug in the game, known as the MDR bug (in PvP).

Example: The opponent is using String of Ears and + Vipermagi for a total of 28 MDR

You are an amazon and use the skill Guided Arrow. Your guided arrow does say 1000 physical damage.

You are using cow kings and have 25-35 fire damage
You are using x2 Stones of Jordan and have 2x 1-12 lightning damage (2-24)
You have a charm in your inventory which has 1-2 cold damage.

Physical damage without elemental damage would be reduced to 166.66 damage or 166.
Now, with the mdr bug:

28*6=168 elemental damage needed to just equal mdr.
We’ll assume highest elemental damage rolls
168-35(fire damage)=133 screen damage left
168-24(light damage)=144 screen damage left
168-2(cold damage)=166 screen damage left

mdr effects all separately, and will take away from physical damage after it runs out of ele damage.

1000-133(fire)-144(light)-166(cold)=557 screen
557/6=92.833 pvp damage.

So with three sources of elemental damage:
166 pvp damage becomes 92 pvp damage (the bug)

Therefore, the ask is to cap MDR at the elemental damage and for it not to take away from the physical damage after it runs out of elemental damage check on the basis that having more damage should not equate to doing less damage.

=======================================================================
My Other topic’s:

My first post was for the consideration of an entrance level runeword granting teleport, on the basis that it would be a “class balance fix” enabling more classes to be viable (played) from Day1 of ladder. i got a 404 when revisiting the topic so i made a new topic here: Please consider a new Mid-Level Runeword Granting +Teleport

My second Topic related to “shopping” items from vendors - refresh tool and possible ability to shop and/or gamble sorceress orbs - Shopping from Vendors - refresh screen

My third Topic related to the buffs to Necro’s and Paladins where i suggested that the buffs only be for PvM and not for PvP and that FoH should not have its casting delay reduced/removed: Bone Spirit, Aura’s and FoH do not need these buffs

My fourth topic related to the MDR Bug where having multiple elements of damage would actually REDUCED your damage where your opponent had items that grant the ability “magic damage reduced” (mdr) : The Magic Damage Reduced (MDR) bug in PvP

My Fifth topic related to a bug where if you used jewels with enhanced damage + min/max, in anything other then a weapon, it would bug the item and not grant the correct damage modifier as specific on the jewel: The Jewel Bug - how damage from jewels does not work properly

My sixth topic related to charge bug, how a fix has caused a problem, and the ww bug how something has changed with how it works resulting in less damage for the iconic build: Please fix “Charge Bug” and Barbarian WW Bugs

My seventh topic reviewed the new runewords and provided feedback relating to them. Basically, they are an addition to the game, slightly underpowered but they filled a gap. More needed, slightly better mods required. i.e. with some minor tweaks some of these runewords will be great while still not being overpowered. The New Runewords - Observations

My eight topic related to the Shaper Nerf in the PTR where Increased Attack Speed (IAS) in shaper forms was made to make more weapons viable but as a side effect appears to have unintentionally crippled Shapers. Shape attack speeds issue - Not working as intended

1 Like

Hey Ferdia,

no word about poison dmg in your equation. Is poison also affected by this bug?