The ED + Min/Max Damge Jewel Bug

This is not a new Bug. it is a pre-existing bug in D2LOD which has carried over into D2r I posted it in the PTR feedback forum but perhaps i should have posted it here. So without further ado ~

How the glitch works.

For all items other then weapons =

Anytime enhanced damage is added after, or at the same time as max/min damage, it will glitch out any enhanced damage for that min/max on the item (including base).

Example 1:
A player fills his perfect 65/121 heraldric shield 4OS with 20%ed/15 max jewels

The stats on his shield look great, i.e. 145% enhanced damage, 60 max damage, 121 ar. However, since ed/max was on the same jewel, the bug results in: enhanced damage for maximum damage gets glitched out, the result of the socketing:
60 max, 145% enhanced minimum damage. i.e. The ed on the jewels and the shield glitch out.

Example 2:
You have 2 jewels to put into a circlet for your amazon, the circlet has 30%enhanced damage on the base.
-4 min, 9 max, 4 str, 6 dex
-20%ed, 4 str, 6 dex

Now you know that ed/min/max on the same jewel is bad, but it can be on the same item. This is where the order comes in.

Good socket order:

1. 20%ed,4 str, 6 dex
  2. 4 min, 9 max, 4 str, 6 dex

result: circlet with 50% enhanced damage, 4 min, 9 max, 8 str, 12 dex

Bad socket order:

1. 4 min, 9 max, 4 str, 6 dex
  2. 20%ed, 4 str, 6 dex

result: circlet with 4 min, 9 max, 8 str, 12 dex

Example 2 extended:
Let’s throw 2 of each of these jewels into the same paladin shield from before:

Good socket order:

1. 20%ed, 4 str, 6 dex
  2. 20%ed, 4 str, 6 dex
  3. 4 min, 9 max, 4 str, 6 dex
  4. 4 min, 9 max, 4 str, 6 dex

Any other order but this will fail. Enhanced damage must be first

Example 3:
Let’s go back to the circlet in Example 2, but this time it has 1 max damage on it.

The same socket choice

results in: 4 min, 10 max, 8 str, 12 dex

However, adding 2x 4 min, 9 max, 4 str, 6 dex jewels results in: 30%ed, 4 min, 10 max, 8 str, 12 dex. At no point can you add enhanced damage without screwing up the base enhanced damage as well as what you jewel.

How to think about base ed/min/max (whether this is how the game is coded, I dunno, but it works)
Think of every prefix/suffix as it’s own jewel when it is on the base of an item. So jeweling order on example 3 would be:

circlet
1.30%enhanced damage (prefix)
2. 1 max damage (suffix)
3. 4 min, 9 max
4. 4 min, 9 max

Therefore the ask is for this bug to be fixed. i.e. that a jewel (as an example 20ed/15max damage) with ed+min/max damage can be put into an armor with or without base ed/min, and that the mods 20ed/15max correctly apply to total damage (min/max/total).

========================================================================

My first post was for the consideration of an entrance level runeword granting teleport, on the basis that it would be a “class balance fix” enabling more classes to be viable (played) from Day1 of ladder. i got a 404 when revisiting the topic so i made a new topic here: Please consider a new Mid-Level Runeword Granting +Teleport

My second Topic related to “shopping” items from vendors - refresh tool and possible ability to shop and/or gamble sorceress orbs - Shopping from Vendors - refresh screen

My third Topic related to the buffs to Necro’s and Paladins where i suggested that the buffs only be for PvM and not for PvP and that FoH should not have its casting delay reduced/removed: Bone Spirit, Aura’s and FoH do not need these buffs

My fourth topic related to the MDR Bug where having multiple elements of damage would actually REDUCED your damage where your opponent had items that grant the ability “magic damage reduced” (mdr) : The Magic Damage Reduced (MDR) bug in PvP

My Fifth topic related to a bug where if you used jewels with enhanced damage + min/max, in anything other then a weapon, it would bug the item and not grant the correct damage modifier as specific on the jewel: The Jewel Bug - how damage from jewels does not work properly

My sixth topic related to charge bug, how a fix has caused a problem, and the ww bug how something has changed with how it works resulting in less damage for the iconic build: Please fix “Charge Bug” and Barbarian WW Bugs

My seventh topic reviewed the new runewords and provided feedback relating to them. Basically, they are an addition to the game, slightly underpowered but they filled a gap. More needed, slightly better mods required. i.e. with some minor tweaks some of these runewords will be great while still not being overpowered. The New Runewords - Observations

My eight topic related to the Shaper Nerf in the PTR where Increased Attack Speed (IAS) in shaper forms was made to make more weapons viable but as a side effect appears to have unintentionally crippled Shapers. Shape attack speeds issue - Not working as intended

5 Likes