Please consider a new Mid-Level Runeword Granting +Teleport

I had posted a topic like this here previously but I get a 404 page not found when trying to re-open it. Therefore I have taken the liberty to repost the topic (accepting I cant remember what I even said).

On that basis:

You have 7 classes. You are about to launch ladder. Yes, for dedicated players it is irrelevant if you grant +teleport to a mid level runeword or not. They will be able to keep up with the best players when challenging the leaderboard. HOWEVER, this is not the case for casuals. Casuals will simply make a sorc and play that for the first few months. This is what we saw each ladder in D2LOD and what we saw at launch of D2r. i.e. Sorc’s, Paladins(Hammer) and Java’s (Cows), with every other class under-represented. The knock-on impacts of this is that even today, months after lauch, players stuggle with the game, and cannot level because they cant find baal runs, because most casuals simply cant (quickly) get to the throne room for Baal Exp Runs (or Chaos Runs for that matter).

Granting a Mid level runeword with +1 Teleport enables all the classes a more reasonable and fair oppertunity to play the game, whether MFing, Exping or whatever.

Therefore I recommend you provide a mid level runeword, 3 sox, which grants +1 Tele, Um rune (resistances) and Ist Rune (recommend 40-70MF, varies) and some faster cast (varies).

I make this suggestion as it is self evident that this is what the game currently needs for PvM purposes as a balance fix.

=======================================================================

My first post was for the consideration of an entrance level runeword granting teleport, on the basis that it would be a “class balance fix” enabling more classes to be viable (played) from Day1 of ladder. i got a 404 when revisiting the topic so i made a new topic here: Please consider a new Mid-Level Runeword Granting +Teleport

My second Topic related to “shopping” items from vendors - refresh tool and possible ability to shop and/or gamble sorceress orbs - Shopping from Vendors - refresh screen

My third Topic related to the buffs to Necro’s and Paladins where i suggested that the buffs only be for PvM and not for PvP and that FoH should not have its casting delay reduced/removed: Bone Spirit, Aura’s and FoH do not need these buffs

My fourth topic related to the MDR Bug where having multiple elements of damage would actually REDUCED your damage where your opponent had items that grant the ability “magic damage reduced” (mdr) : The Magic Damage Reduced (MDR) bug in PvP

My Fifth topic related to a bug where if you used jewels with enhanced damage + min/max, in anything other then a weapon, it would bug the item and not grant the correct damage modifier as specific on the jewel: The Jewel Bug - how damage from jewels does not work properly

My sixth topic related to charge bug, how a fix has caused a problem, and the ww bug how something has changed with how it works resulting in less damage for the iconic build: Please fix “Charge Bug” and Barbarian WW Bugs

My seventh topic reviewed the new runewords and provided feedback relating to them. Basically, they are an addition to the game, slightly underpowered but they filled a gap. More needed, slightly better mods required. i.e. with some minor tweaks some of these runewords will be great while still not being overpowered. The New Runewords - Observations

My eight topic related to the Shaper Nerf in the PTR where Increased Attack Speed (IAS) in shaper forms was made to make more weapons viable but as a side effect appears to have unintentionally crippled Shapers. Shape attack speeds issue - Not working as intended

6 Likes

In a mod, far away, in times when I cared, I made a mod in which ‘ral’, ‘ort’ and ‘tal’ in a shield made a runeword in every combination - so apart from ancient’s pledge, there were five extra runewords.
One of them gave ‘+1 Teleport’. Solely because channeling people towards the sorceress is a weak design, even if it is emergent.

I dont fully understand what you are saying. the fact is that the PVM meta in the game is all based around Enigma runeword, or rather, teleport. And early ladder that means sorc’s only. What I am proposing here is to move the monopoly of character selection away from sorc’s and across all 7 classes sooner in the ladder. whether you like teleport or not the fact is in most games its all about mobility and ease of movement, with the faster characters having an easier time of it to get stuff - hence they are preferred for longer until players have gear for other characters (i.e. weeks if not months after ladder start).

You can just walk to the throne or chaos. It’s all level 85. “Cannot level” is a bit extreme. You are just having a hard time getting carried. Oh well.

I cant uderstand why u wont just use teleport item if those skill is so important to you :slight_smile:
There’re plenty of Rare circlets/ammys with tele as well naj’s staff.

I think you both misunderstand the basis by which I made this topic. I dont need help leveling. If you read the above carefully you will see that I was proposing this for casual players that are unable to keep up with the outliers (hi).

Walking to throne or chaos is highly inefficient
using naj’s staff is also highly inefficient

I invite the dev’s to play the first week of ladder and try looking for non private chaos or baal runs. or, they can play the first 2 months and try looking for non private chaos or baal runs. The reason why they wont find many of them is because alot of the players that play the game are not good enough and the end game items take too long to get. Hence all the sorc players (since sorc is efficient while enigma is a chase item).

again not to go over old ground, its all in the OP. i.e. a mid level runewords makes the other classes viable in ladder sooner, which should be (and is to my mind) the goal of the Dev’s.