Please revert FHR to patch 2.3

Please revert FHR to patch 2.3. We appreciate you trying to adjust the mechanics that only affect pvp, but the implementation is far worse than 2.3 FHR mechanics.

Instead of far too much stun in certain situations, there’s literally zero stun in all situations. No kill I had yesterday was rewarding, the ability to use combo’s to lock down your opponent no longer work which in many cases was the only way to kill the opponent (their char is heavily favoured).

It wasn’t really rewarding to kill anything when I was able to, and many of the deaths felt like a meme because they were just free casting through knockbacks and block checks.

I tested some combos in the PTR and knew we were in for a rough go, and sure enough it’s pretty bad. I’ve been pvping for like 15 years now and the lack of stun just breaks any mechanical skill needed to duel, it’s just a damage output battle now and by nature many classes will lose because their output is unmatched.

Ty for coming to my ted talk. PvM commenters, please remember that this FHR change only impacts player vs player, the FHR ‘nerf/buff’ does not happen when a monster hits you.

35 Likes

He is right, we pvpers need any kind of stun mechanic to make combos/plays work and get rewarded for that. Otherwise its a rng spam with no fun at all. Also the stat “FHR” is kinda useless now.

12 Likes

Yes, agree with this completely. The FHR in patch 2.4 is worse than what we had and we’re seeing decrease in pvp activity already as a result

11 Likes

made 2 topics on why it is necessary to revert changes while offering a solution
to the problem in its entirety in the other

+1 voice here

havent played in probably 5+ days and wont until they revert changes and implement the
new feature that im suggesting

1 Like

Diablo 2 is a PVM Game. If u want to play PVP go Play other games. unfortunately Blizzard dont want you guys to keep playing this game and wants you to move on to other Games.
Else the PVP Community would have a Voice.

4 Likes

I’m just giving them pvp feedback on a pvp-only change.

6 Likes

The game feels really bad right now. Considering going back to LOD -_-
Thanks for posting this, hopefully this leads to something

7 Likes

Your argument is that Blizzard deliberately made a poor pvp-only change to make people quit playing the game? If your view of Blizzard as a company is that negative I wonder why you are using their forums, let alone playing their games.

To add my voice to this, I think almost all PvP players were on board with the theory behind the idea, but are not happy with the execution. For those who do not know, in LoD using weapon swap “reset” your character’s animations and therefore freed you from stun. This bug was essential for PvP balancing in LoD, but is not in D2R. As a result, PvP in D2R skewed more heavily towards builds focusing on stun-locking their opponents, which was tolerable, but some PvPers were not happy with losing this well-known 15+ year old mechanic.

The decision to replace what was essentially a feature of LoD PvP with a similar built-in mechanic makes sense in this respect. Indeed, the text of the change implies something many were on board with:

“Character hit recovery will now have diminishing returns when being hit by another player”

This would seem to imply that putting another player into hit recovery would have full effectiveness on the first instance and decrease in effectiveness each subsequent hit.
For example (in frames):

Hit 1: 12 frame hit recovery animation
Hit 2: 9 frame hit recovery animation
Hit 3: 6 frame hit recovery animation
Hit 4: 3 frame hit recovery animation
Hit 5: no hit recovery animation

This would have been in line with the stated “diminishing returns,” and would theoretically reset after you stop being hit by another player for a time.

Instead, as implemented, the “diminishing returns” are entirely binary (example):

Hit 1: 12 frame hit recovery animation
Hit 2: no hit recovery animation

This resets after a fixed period of time, but until then you are immune to stun. Rather than diminishing returns, it is 100% to 0%. This means that at higher cast rates, it is almost impossible to catch another player if they do not stop running away, dragging on the length of duels considerably and reducing the opportunity for team play. That is one of many issues arising from this change.

Tl;Dr: PvPers are ok with diminishing returns for FHR conceptually but 100->0 effectiveness on FHR is not “diminishing returns” and creates numerous issues for PvP

11 Likes

Make FHR great again

6 Likes

Yes please revert the pvp faster hit recovery changes. Blizzard we appreciate you taking the time to re-examine pvp balance, but many experienced pvpers understand that this hurt more than it helped.

In terms of overall enjoyment and replayability pvp has taken a hit with this update. The fhr system is a huge part of what makes diablo 2 pvp unique and so much more fun than other games.

5 Likes

We can be hopeful that the devs are able to make some changes for either before ladder or 2.5 patch.

3 Likes

emergency maintenance

3 Likes

Please revert FHR change back to 2.3

3 Likes

I haven’t played any PvP in D2R but I hope they listen to you guys, the FHR change was well intentioned but very poorly executed and it’s nearly universally hated from what I’ve seen.

I agree that the PvP FHR changes should be reverted.

I also think the block interruption change should be reverted as well for both PvM and PvP reasons, block interruptions are a part of the game that the player must account for with tactics and gearing (FBR).

4 Likes

If devs were interested in having us test variations on the intended system that would be GG :smiley:
For now yeah this is worse than it was before

3 Likes

I have 2 min/maxed PvP characters, and 1 budget fpk druid. I came back to d2r specifically for the pvp and the 2.4 fhr change has made it so I don’t even want to log in - despite dumping many hundreds of hours of playtime since release. I suppose I got my ‘money’s worth’ but it was never about that… I just wish I still wanted to play my favorite game again and right now I don’t.

And to people saying this in ONLY a pvp problem: What PvM people don’t understand is that all that sweet gear they are trying to find/sell will be worthless without PvPers buying it to min-max. You can clear the game with a naked blizzard sorc almost as fast as a fully min/maxed ‘endgame’ lightning sorc. And both of them are far out-stripped by a hammerdin w/ a teleport amulet. Who would pay gobs and gobs of HRs for that perfect gear you’re trying to find?

5 Likes

true
revert changes & bring back the concept of wsg under a new model as a healthy intended feature
= only option

any discussion about nerfing / buffing certain frames is nonsense to begin with anyway
since given frames to a particular mechanic is not based solely on one mechanic alone but of the interaction between every single one
so if they dont wanna code the game from zero its pretty obvious what has to be done

2 Likes

Honestly this patch is a disaster regarding FHR.

It’s so frustrating to make duels now because most pvp mecanics are useless (stun locking like Smite foh, Shockwave + volcano, mindblast obviously etc.) and every offensive moves are not rewarded anymore since opponents escape after first hit.

More than that now if you take risk and become aggresive (by making chainlocks) you will most likely be outanked by your opponent that doesnt suffer from fhr.

The game ends in a defensive fest with random spamming.

Also Trap assasin are completly dead useless because all their gameplay relies on stun.

If this patch was made in order to help PvP and solve stuns problem from mindblast then it’s so wrong because it basicly removed stun from the game.

The real solution to the initial problem (mindblast stun) would have been a solution similar to the old WSG (Weapon Swith) in D2LOD.

Like for example an new hotkey that you have to press multiples time in order to shortly break fhr (1-2sec) and escape stuns.

And not a stun immunity for every single hit in the game.

8 Likes

aaa you’re reply is false pvp is part of the end game.

3 Likes

Yeah the new fhr system isn’t great, not sure why you guys wouldn’t just go back to wsg which seemed to be universally loved by the pvp community. The ptr server would’ve been a bit more of a help if there was better gear supplied to actually test the changes.

6 Likes