Roll back FHR, fast block before 2.4 patch

There are many rules in diablo2
Fast casting, Fast run, Fast hit recovery, Fast block, Attack rating, Blocking, Defence etc…
We always consider these factors in this game, in our two decade. Sometimes we try to find very rare/expensive items to compensate fast hit recovery frame.

But after update 2.4, currently, pvp balance has been horribly broken

We want to fix some of the awkward lockouts that reject player input from casting skills. For PVP, we added a way to reduce hit recovery spam to prevent edge cases of characters being locked out for too long.

It’s not a matter so lightly in a few words

The magicians have low FHR(Fast hit recovery), FBF(Fast block Frame).
We always check/prepare for these figures at PvP games, therefore maintain the PvP valance between magicians and melee characters

Please refer below good example for my comment above,

We called this Technique as ‘Trap marble Lock(FHR)’ and ‘whirlwind Lock(FBF)’

Amazons also have important roles at team PvP games.
because she have multi shot, it cause make FBF mortions to another team players, expecially, magician characters

Paladin also use smite skill to make/occur FHR

But, unfortunately, after update 2.4, All of these are meaningless

Low range(melee) characters have no way of catching magician characters
Magicians no need to worry about getting a good position.
(with Bone skill buff, now Nec is untouchable balance)

It’s not just this, it’s also a serious effect on hunting.
Weak characters also run around and hunt among monsters.
Once you’ve got base items, hunting is no fun except for skill shooting.

As a result, the 2.4 patch made the game meaningless to PvP users.
It’s too easy for a hunting user to get rid of base rule(FHR,FBF) of the diablo2.

Please be think of this information seriously and roll back it.

50 Likes

Hybrid assassins no longer have the effectiveness of the combination of trap and mindblast, and they don’t even have the skill to strike or assassinate. The purpose of the balance patch is to enjoy any job or personality formation by raising a character to an upward level rather than nuffing a particular job or skill. Did you know that the reduction effect of FHR even reduced the greenback effect and stun effect on garbage options? At least if you had a brain, you had to monitor the ptr system or hold a small competition for pvp balance to balance it. For now, most of the skills have been reduced to junk, and FHR, FBR, Strun, and Knockback options as well as proximity skills, magic, and items have all been reduced to junk.

I can say for sure that the pvp is boring and the felling of blow is zero. Is it also an ability to change a developer’s masterpiece game like a Chinese auto-hunting mobile game?!

6 Likes

We do not care about pvp. This is a pvm cult classic. Pvp was neeeeeever balanced, or intended to be.

Make your own rules and let it go.

14 Likes

yup, commented a pvp tournament yesterday (team vs team). The teamplay is heavily diminushed by the change as you cant really coordinate with your teamates along stunlock. Team vs Team is now more like everyone doing his own thing with out general organisation

could you stop acting as a toxic spamer every time i see you posting? This is a pvp issue that doesnt concern pvmers in anyway. Actually, its a pvp focused only change so you saying “We DonT CaRe aBoUt PvP D2 pVm gAmEs” isnt relevant in the slighest. Its not going to change how you build or change how you play at all, for god sake. Why do you have to try ruining the game for other people when it doesnt even impact you ?

19 Likes

Some people like pvp more. Respect this. U hate pvp becous u fail in it hard. And when u say “WE” can u tell me who is WE? Talk for ur self

7 Likes

Pvm is just a tool to level up for me
but I consider pvm user
Fhr,fbf is important at pvm ,too

Those are basic rules in the game

Plz consider pvp user

7 Likes

I care and many others do. So your “we” is incorrect.

This game is PvM/PvP classic. It was always both of those combined.
The fact that you ignore entire part of this beautiful game is your loss :man_shrugging:.

Anyway this change does not affect PvM in any way so maybe refrain from such useless comments, because they add nothing to the topic.

Now yes this FHR change makes Trapsin/hybrid play only prue Defense as they deal low dmg and cant trade dmg. They relied on MB to do any damage. Also barb leap is useless now for pvp as well.

11 Likes

I don’t understand why blizzard touched fast block and fast hit. As a result diablo2 pvp became very loose. So I agree with this opinion.

6 Likes

Yes blizzard please rollback the fhr changes. Pvp isnt even fun anymore. Stun was what really made pvp interesting and skill based, now any character can just cast through anything at anytime. The skill ceiling has been severely lowered and pvp has just become a spam fest with far less strategy involved.

10 Likes

Ok. So the patch brought changes to the meta after many years. Some of the chars you invested a lot in lost their efficiency in pvp.
So you can’t stun lock like before. Buhuhuu. How about, instead of complaining, just adapt to the new meta…go back to gathering/trading for the items you need and make the builds that are S tier in the current meta.
I see player entitlement is as high in Pvp as in Pvm.

7 Likes

the new meta is trash and much people dont like it, that the whole point of that post bro

7 Likes

Hey. Have you played pvp?
If you didn’t played pvp. Don’t say this.
I won’t say harsh words.
Shut up and Get out here.

7 Likes

I play pvp just leasurely, but my bowazon loves the new changes…my trapsin not so much…but as I said I am not really competitive so I don’t really get railed up.
The problem is only SOME builds are negatively impacted by these changes.
Just adapt to them.

1 Like

bowa S tier, trap trash tier right now, yeah

The problem is more they made the game straigh up bad. You lose most of the team play tools in tvt. You lose classes diversity (barb, assa, smiter are all going to be rly weak). Defensive play in general (from nec and sorc in particular) are going to be really hard to counter as you can stun them. High skill combo are also dead or almost dead (smite foh stomp, sw cano stomp). The build enabled by the pvm change are also terribly unskilled (foh paladin, auradin, thunderlighting storm)

5 Likes

As a user who enjoys Diablo 2 pvp 10 hours a day
I haven’t played the game for 10 minutes a day since this 2.4 version update.
No matter how much the direction of the game goes to pve, it completely disrupted the pvp balance.
I’m sure it was a choice because of the wrong idea. How many years to shorten Diablo 2 10 years 20 years
Many pvp users who have enjoyed are all about to leave for this patch.
Revert to the FHR / FBF system prior to 2.4 version.
Older games have a lot of problems, but with the consultation and compromise of many users, the pvp system has been maintained.
This patch has reached a point where users can no longer enjoy pvp because they have exceeded the limits of their willingness to compromise and consult.
In the development department, be sure to know the seriousness of the abnormality and return it before the patch, or check it when generating the game
I want you to make a function to create a room by checking so that you can enjoy FHR / FBF on Diablo 2 classic server and versions prior to 2.4

11 Likes

I think Diablo is differentiated from other games because of its meticulous and specific systems, such as fast hit recovery and fast block motion, which are both useless through this patch. While there are users who hunt, there are many users who enjoy pk because for pk users, the fast hit recovery and fast block motion mentioned above play a big role. I think this patch, which has almost eliminated it, should be fixed even though it is a strictly existing option among the item options.

6 Likes

Agree. Blizzard should listen to it. Why make FHR and make it useless? Think of the meaning of FHR

7 Likes

Some users are not interested in PvP balance. Just like U…

I’m not asking you to nerf your bowazon. This is not about killing a specific character, but about balancing the overall character.

1 Like

Seems like only the Asian player base cares about PvP. Well go make your own D2. There are 10,000 pay to win PvP ARPGS out there that no one plays anymore… wonder why.