What's stopping other races from joining the Illidari?

The NE did kill DH of their own people, Wardens were doing it regularly imprisoning and/or killing them

I mean, one elf and her squad of hunters doesn’t really constitute the Night Elves as a whole. I mean we have a DH in Outland that we worked with prior to DHs being playable as well as the one in Felwood. My Draenei helped them both out, they weren’t hostile or killable.

Yeah, the Wardens, not the Night Elf society as a whole. I mean hell, even look at the Highborne they kicked out. Homies brought them back into their society figuring it was wrong to hold grudges.

We even had a neutral “eredar” hanging out in the Sewers of Dalaran. If Eredar pitched that they were there to defeat the Legion, you bet the Draenei wouldn’t give a f.

But they are, quite literally, the antithesis of the holy light.
And their totally cool with that.

They were literally ostracized and killed. That “one elf and her squad” were some of the most prominent in Kaldorei society, who specifically hunted them down on purpose, with a vengeance.

I know you want to justify every race and every class, but I very much disagree on this. When it comes to what demons have done and what the Draenei became with the Ma’nari, there’s a huge difference between the Nelfs and the Draenei. They aren’t warlocks for a reason and they aren’t DHs for a reason.

Agree to disagree, m’dear. You and I could keep going in circles forever and I understand you want this justified and that’s okay. I just will not ever agree when we’ve seen what the Legion has done to them and the Ma’nari. I respect you, but I won’t ever agree on this one. lol

You need to do some brushing up on the lore, because Necromancy isn’t the opposite of Light. Just like a gameplay mechanic isn’t lore. And still has nothing to do with demons and Fel. So let’s not strawman here.

1 Like

How dare you be as headstrong as I am on this topic.

1 Like

buddy, There have been many things that we wanted to see in this expansion, that the real community of the forum thinks well of the game, that the oranges of the Community council are not really doing anything.

Once again we ignore the devs seen in other threads that we really needed better class detail and much of this thread confirms this.

now are 18 years.

no this evoker crap, that’s not true hype for this expansion.

Like your thread, we very much hope that more features are needed in this expansion.

which is actually that it is not the expansion that we wanted, it is not the new expansion that you see, and it is not my expansion, which I already said that I prefer to play the WotLK Classic.

I don’t think that’s accurate. I know they have their precious cosmology color wheel now, but last I checked paladins had quite the penchant for smiting undead, who almost exclusively do shadow damage, which in itself is the opposite of their naaru fluffing culture.

Implying that the acceptance of Demon Hunters in their society, even though it is anathema, is quite similar to the acceptance of Necromancy and Shadow worship, even though they are also anathema, is not a strawman argument. It is an analogy that clarifies an argument.

A strawman argument is something like saying

and pretending that because the magic color wheel says so the dranei would be cool with necromancy.

Because the Burning Legion is no longer a substantial threat.

And as a result of this, I think you’d be hard pressed to find anyone willing to go through the process of becoming a Demon Hunter.

Little bit tough to justify carving your eyes out, sawing into your owns flesh, and to sacrifice everything in order to simply join the Illidari.

There is no Legion to hunt.
There is no reason to consume a Demon Soul anymore.
There is no sense in becoming a Demon Hunter.

Now, give it a few years, maybe something-something about Demons comes up, then we can talk.

Additive point: Draenei and Orcs, as well as Humans, Nightborne, and Void/High elves would probably make the most sense for the next Demon Hunters.

It is accurate. Death is the opposite of Life, not Light.

Paladins wipe out any threat they come across.

None of that has anything to do with demons, fel and the Ma’nari.

It’s not. There’s a huge difference. And there is no Shadow worship. Nor is there Necromancy worship.

Also false.

So we’re back to your strawman argument.

You should google what those are.

What would you call a shadow priest?

You should google what priests are too while you’re at it.

Same reason why we can’t have other races being Druids.

Blizzard is all about Profit Margins and putting work into making new models won’t earn them enough money compared to making new timegated content.

You need to learn what a strawman is. You bringing up Desth and Shadow when this is about the history of Ma’nari and demons and fel is completely irrelevant and you have yet to actually address the actual conversation.

It’s literally a freaking gameplay mechanic for Draene and has been said so.

If you cannot address the actual conversation, then we’re done here.

Their choices are Illidan, a council where Baine has some kind of say, or an alliance that was run by Anduin now Turalyon since Aduin is now being all complicated and torn.

A Psychotic elf infused with fel…is looking to be the better of those 3 options really for some.

Illidan does stuff. Baine…the last thing he did was tell us to go to the stone. the stone we could find anyway. Its right there. and obvious. It be like tolkien putting in a char who was important for telling frodo where to go 200 yards from mount doom.

Oh…thank you major character. the big, tall wide, volcano spewing magma. I’d have missed that if not for you.

1 Like

A straw man fallacy occurs when someone takes another person’s argument or point, distorts it or exaggerates it in some kind of extreme way, and then attacks the extreme distortion, as if that is really the claim the first person is making.

I say: If they take evil necromancers and shadow worshippers, Demon Hunters should be fine.

You say:

So yeah, you might benefit from looking up logical fallacies before you start throwing around terms you don’t seem to understand.
Knowledge is power.

Semantics aside: I would think Dranei that specialize in preventing demon threats would be a very VERY welcome addition to their little refugee camp. Their leader is either friends, or at least a respected ally to the DH class lead, and he even helps out the PC and his DH friend in the Kruul encounter.

straw man

/ˌstrô ˈman/

noun

noun: strawman

an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent’s real argument.

And you still haven’t addressed the actual topic. So you’re done. Goodbye.

lol bye bye.

You should read this btw.

Pandas can easily become Demon Hunters. Decades of sha and burnt toast has prepared me for this task.

2 Likes

Yeah, Elves do have a habit of having their population almost being wiped out.

You’re no Nomi.

1 Like