New Class for Next expac

I am not sure how many people feel about this, but if they do make another melee class in a row, I will be so sad =/.

Curious about everyone’s thoughts on this?

3 Likes

Idc I want tinkers

14 Likes

ANSWER: I really don’t want another melee.

8 Likes

Gotta Be Tinkers

They’re a part of WarCraft since the RTS days. We’ve Got Tinker NPCs, Tinker Racial Leaders.
Tinker Races, No Tinker class.

It’s absurd that we don’t have this class already.

10 Likes

This, i hope you are right.

5 Likes

What are tinkers in wow lore? What kind of things do they do

2 Likes

As long as tinker is ranged, I am totally fine with this lol. just no more melee, plz. No more, no.

Tinker can have healing spec with gagets, range spec, and tank spec ( only melee i would allow lmao)

3 Likes

Short Answer, Tinkers a Hero unit from WarCraft 3.

Longish Answer.
A Tinker is someone who fights with Machines and Technology, and their Intelligence. Instead of Magic or Strength.

In WarCraft 3 specifically, The Tinker would Fire missiles from a Range, Build turrets, and Fight Up close in a Mech suit.

We see this in NPCs like Gazlowe or Mekkatorque, the Goblin and Gnome Racial leaders, both of which kick butt in their Mechs all the time.

So a Tinker is a Mech Pilot who builds Turrets and blows stuff up.

Blizzard made some NPC Tinkers in BFA.
They were Ranged DPS, Ranged Healer, and Melee Tank.
Sounds perfect to me.
All role class, and a new ranged DPS? Sign me up.

7 Likes

Yup totally

Sounds great to me.
Honestly, there is still a lot of stuff they can make that is range – caster or not casters.
And tinker is a great choice and covers all roles
like you said.

Just no more melee! haha

2 Likes

That Blizzard doesn’t have any love for ranged classes or specs. lol

3 Likes

for real… just look at what they did to survival. I loved WOTLK survival spec for hunter =/.

Now its, MELEEE.

4 Likes

Saw some post that claimed that Arcane mage is going to be completely rebuilt and that Evoker is going to be the new class. Seems like a shot in the dark guess to me but the idea of a class that is something between a mage and a shaman could be pretty cool.

If it’s a draconic based Evoker class than that is almost like a dragon priest. I wonder if it can shout/wears a mask.

1 Like

I want it to be tinker,

And multiple spec reworks

• outlaw rogue rework back to combat
    -frost dk rework to a tank spec
    -Unholy dk rework to a range pet/dot spec
  • feral Druid rework
  • shadow priest rework
  • surv hunter rework

Ect ect

I want bards

1 Like

Honestly, I would rather them fix the classes first before introducing a new class but new specs wouldn’t be a problem at all. Just, rework the talent system.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind a melee spec, but if there is a next class, and it didn’t have a ranged spec, I’d be pretty mad.

To be clear, I would prefer no new class and focus on existing specs.

But if we have a class, Tinker is like the only one I’d care for.
Bard is dumb. Necromancer steps on too many toes. Some form of Dragon class sounds ridiculous.

1 Like

:frowning: I’m happy that hunters can use melee weapons again. Though I wish wow was more like GW2 where your skills would change depending on what weapon you had equipped to make both side happy

1 Like

I’d actually prefer to see talents like glad stance and clarity of power return. Give each class or spec a talent that completely changes the way it plays. Give enhance a talent that turns them into a tank, a talent that gives back ranged sv, etc…

1 Like

I keep hearing about a new class… but I was wondering something different, we got like 12 classes. Why not give EACH class a new spec to play? Some of them I’ve heard before, can’t think of where…

Priests could be a cleric (melee holy)
Paladin could get a ranged dps spec
Shaman could get that true blue tank spec
Mage chronomancer healer
Rogue maybe a ranged spec with the whole gun thing, maybe a tinker?
Warlock maybe a demon shapeshifting spec, where you can mix melee and ranged.

2 Likes

The WC3 Tinker was melee.

1 Like