Looks like "Tinker" will be the Next Class

Tinker, Engineer, Technician, Whatever you wanna call it.
Everything looks to me Like Tinker will be the Next class:

• Datamined Tinker Abilities from BFA. (With Level Requirements and Cooldowns)
  • Island Expedition Teams showing off 3 specializations.
  • Several Available races with allied races.
  • Still Need 1 More Mail User
  • Only 2 Specs of 1 class use ranged weapons.
  • New Tutorial Zone, Exiles Reach, Has a Tinker Character ready to go.
  • No Lore Stretching or Mental Gymnastics required. Already PART of WoW.
  • Even has a Hero Unit in WarCraft 3 to steal from like DK, DH, and Monk Did.

It seems like more and more people realize that Tinker is likely to be the next class. The Hoax leak at the end of BFA claimed a Tinker Class was coming, so does World of WarCraft Awakening, though I think that’s fake as well.
It just goes to show that the people who make these leaks think that Tinker is a “Believable” concept for a class.

We Even got that April Fools joke expansion for Undermine, Also had a Tinker Class.

Seems to me like it’s innevitable at this point. Like Demon Hunters. Tinkers for 10.0!

39 Likes

don’t we already have engineers?
:thinking:

51 Likes

They make mostly utility stuff nowadays.
Brez, Jeeves is great. They have an Incap and an inconsitent teleport.
:thinking:

Definetly not a class. Not even Close.
Engineers should be given Updates to all of their utilities like Jeeves and goblin gliders and stuff instead of 5 minute cooldown bombs.

If we Got Tinkers and they used Ranged Weapons, that would make engineering MORE usefull actually.

7 Likes

what instead of necromancer?

boooooooo :-1:

57 Likes

We Very much already have a class that Summons the Undead to deal damage. It’s Death Knight.

A Necromancer would be derivative of Death Knight, or worse, It would take abilities from Death Knight.

Tinker doesn’t have these problems. None of the Classes use “Technology” as their theme.

I just don’t think a “Necromancer” is very likely.

18 Likes

Mm I don’t think so. So far we have zero information on 10.0. It’s possible a mech class may happen, though I’d hope it’s called something less lame than tinker, but it also may not happen either. We could get another class instead or even no new class at all.

So far absolutely everything on 10.0 is only speculation with no solid evidence. No matter how obsessed players get over tinkers it doesn’t make it true yet!

26 Likes

if they made it more in touch with the Diablo 3 style necro I think it could be implemented in a very unique way…i mean they are adding tons of d3 elements to the game anyways!

please give us both :frowning:

7 Likes

I absolutely agree. Tinker is a Silly name, but it’s also the name they used in WarCraft 3.
So I imagine it’s what Blizzard will go with.

There’s certainly evidence that supports a Tinker Class, (See above) But I agree there’s no proof they’re coming for 10.0

But there’s not going to be ANY proof anyhting is coming with 10.0 until 10.0 comes around.

What do you mean by this?
Blood Draining abilities? Death Knight.
Bone Armor? Death Knight already has it.
Skeleton Mages? Also Death Knight.
You could even say that Necromancer abilities like Simulacrum are in game, Dancing Rune weapon is functionally similar.

4 Likes

wait what, where

1 Like

What would happen to engineers? Would it invalidate the profession?

I could see it happening actually as a possibility, but not like that. Not the Scourge type that rips off death knights and warlocks, but a new re-envisioned concept of a necromancer based off covenant-style anima soul magic that we’ve been seeing around here. And it’d make lore sense gaining these teachings post-SL.

I don’t know, wouldn’t write it off just yet. A blood mage I think could also be a cool idea. We really have not tapped into it, blood is a whole field of magic barely used. Don’t know what a story reason could be though.

3 Likes

i mean if this is anything to go by back then this was leaked a while ago and it seems it was correct with 9.2…

Blizzard did that already. Many take it for the AH in latest expac really lol.

1 Like

Not at all? Since when do Classes Invalidate professions?
Death Knights got their own unique enchants, and we still have enchanters.

Rogues have poisons, and Alchemists have Blade Oils!

Classes and Professions overlapping isn’t a problem, nor will it ever be a problem.

7 Likes

yes like the diablo 3 one. with spikes, more emphasis on life draining types of abilities, and more emphasis on raising dead enemy corpses, which death knights don’t do at all lol (well not in the same fantasy as a necro imo). there’s going to be similarties since they’re both undead controlling ideas - in the same way shamans and druids have similar nature spells.

plus - dk’s and warlocks have shared / switched abilities before too like death coil…this isn’t rocket science, the team is more than capable of making necros unique to what we already have.

redundancy can be said for many classes, including if they really do bring a boring mech class like tinker to the game (ie engineers)

either way i looked into this more, and i’m not really convinced that it’s going to be a class just yet…but we’ll see soon i guess

2 Likes

That leak is proven fake. It was completely wrong about 9.2, both in the name of the patch and the features announced for it. All it got was Zereth Mortis, which we already knew from 9.1 anyways. :zipper_mouth_face:

And BC Classic just released, they’re not going to do Wrath this early. Got to pace it out.

5 Likes

ahh fair enough then

Fair enough. I’m interested to see how it plays out. I enjoy engineering. A whole class based around it could be fun.

3 Likes

I like all the little toys and devices. Shadowlands engineering didn’t impress me so much in that regard, but in all eng is one of my favorite profs.

2 Likes

I Think this would be incredibly derivative, and therefore it would be super boring. I want something that’s actually new

I think its very likely because Blizzard’s assets for this class are already in game.
And If I know one thing it’s that Blizzard LOVES to reuse assets.

I Enjoy engineering too, But it’s a shadow of its former self, That’s why I think the “Combat Engineering” stuff should be it’s own class, and “Gadget/utility” engineering should be the profession.
Give them the ability to make Guns for Tinker and Hunters are you’re golden.

3 Likes