UPDATE: The Bind on Account Water Boots price is 40g and will require Anglers reputation.
In the PTR currently (in the first hour of the PTR):
- Every character above 100 gets the water boots free in the mail.
- The BoA version of the water boots was reported by someone as being reusable. (others report it’s consumed on use. need official info on this)
(The main discussion at the moment is whether or not the Water Strider should be able to use Mount Equipment or if it should keep it’s water walking ability instead)
- You get the Water Mount Equipment at level 20 and it’s account bound.
- You get one free if you’re exalted with The Angler’s.
- 40 gold as of right now for alts. For the price it’s not bad.
- That means you can water walk with your friends riding on your multi-person mount starting at level 20!
The Water Strider is losing it’s passive water walking ability so that it can use Mount Equipment. (Many players would prefer if their Water Strider was left untouched instead)
It breaks the fundamental nature of a waterstrider bug, which kills immersion.
Paying for a feature we already had.
This is only the tip of many concerns over how players worry their game is losing the things that make it fun, kind of like how the talent tree was trimmed to make things more simple. It’s a debate based on love for the game and should be treated as a serious matter. Even if I personally enjoy it. I can’t help but hope you, Blizzard, find a solution that will satisfy both sides of this.