Bring back water walking mounts

i grinded out BOTH of the water striders to have water walking mounts, then i am left with some drunk fisher man telling me, that my water walking mount somehow forgot how to water walk a day after he was doing it? I am supposed to believe that crap?

2 Likes

There was a player out mooching gold a while back just needed a couple hundred for something, he said.
My question is, with all those gold quests all over the map, including SL where one quest is like 250ish gold, why does anyone in this game every run short of gold in the first place?

500g for all your mounts to WW is ridiculous cheap. The NPC who sells it is prettymuch giving it away given ONE green BoE drop in DF will cover the cost lol

1 Like

yeah, I was irritated about the whole thing but I’ll get over it. lol.
It was that absolutely juvenile notation in there talking about evolving and losing their WWing that made me want to lose my lunch, lol.
Someone should have been reprimanded for that total lack of creativity.

The worst part is, SOMEONE else looked at it and was like " Yeah that seems good, Approved" I mean LORE wise it is kind of funny how Nat is selling an item that gives them back their water walking ability? I would say HE had something to do with it so he can fund his alcohol addiction.

2 Likes

oh yes…that thought has crossed my mind many times, lmao.
its not just one set of eyes on anything in this game.
Someone looked at that absurdity and said ‘run it’ LOL.
makes me wonder :joy:

those quests weren’t available 5 years ago.

they can do whatever they choose.

forum is here for feedback.

if you don’t understand peoples issues, have a read of this… and also take note of how many of the people who hated this change… are no longer playing.

this actually sounds plausible.

and intervention is needed.

this thread isn’t from 5 years ago…

Warlocks were the original class to have water walking mounts… but, in true Blizzard fashion, they decided that Warlocks shouldn’t be interesting and took it away.

1 Like

the one i linked is.

and people hated the change so much, they left in droves.

:smiley: its fine they got water breathing instead, then the Dks stole your Water walking and the DH stole from the locks too :smiley:

1 Like

:crazy_face:

are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? I claimed people can easily just do a dragon flying quest if they are short $40 gold and you claimed dragon flying wasn’t around 5 years ago.

Do you seriously think OP is still complaining about spending $40 5 years ago?

I was thinking about how on my hunters, if I used the striders for pets, I got WWing too. That was so damned unique and cool.
Like removing First Aid…just stripping this game of everything unique and interesting even if not overly important

1 Like

no, they’re complaining about spending 40g every time they want to create a new alt for the last 5 years.

…and then they abandoned mount equipment, instead of expanding on it.

seems like it was a terrible idea to begin with.

1 Like

Prefer lava walking mounts :crazy_face:

Doesn’t mean they still have the character they did the rep on, that one isn’t account wide. So if, for whatever reason, they deleted that character, they’d have to regrind the rep.

I wouldn’t mind if Blizz made the Water Strider a perma water walking mount that can’t equip any other stuff.

1 Like

So you have Nat Pagle Rep, correct?

It’s 40 gold per. That’s not a lot of gold even of you have 59 alts you need to equip.

I get it, I was a little peeved at first, but when you consider for the 40G pertoon almost all your mounts now can walk on water.

Most of my alts got the Anglers’ Water Striders put in their bags a long time ago, automatically. For new alts, I just go buy it on my main and mail it to the alt that doesn’t have it.

So, unless OP doesn’t have all the other requirements or I read this part wrong.

I don’t see an issue.

Was it a pain they took away the WW ability from the mounts we grinded for? Maybe, but that is what it is and a solution was given.

Firstly, I would NEVER delete a character that had done Nat Pagle - like ever - but maybe that’s just me.
Undelete is a thing if the player truly finds it inconvenient to have to grind that rep again.

Mount Gear is not tied to the mount it is tied to the Mount Gear slot, They would have to run code that disabled the slot only while that mount is active, and knowing blizz it would get messed up and not fixed for months/years.