Water Strider nerf IS bad. Here's why

so you’re assuming that it’s “one and done”?

if that was the case, there would be no need for a vendor item.

And I am a warlock? I could care less who can walk on water or whatever. All I am getting from your attitude is you feel like the strider should have been like the cloak and been MoP exclusive since only those that did the grueling grind while it was current deserve the right to stand on top of water while mounted. That’s the vibe I am getting from you.

Only if you want water walking, yes.
One and done.

For only one character. And if you use that ability, you can’t use any other ability on any other mounts without losing the water walking ability.

Unless you are planning to switch equipment often then it isnt, but of the ones provided thus far ONLY waterwalking is useful.

Am I missing something?

Because it already has it why remove it at all.

Did you not read any of the information Blizzard has given us on this topic? You seem pretty ignorant on the issue.

There is only one item, you get a single one in the mail after patch 8.2 if you already own the mount. Blizzard stated if you own the mount the vendor we bought it from will sell more of said item for a discount so we can buy as many as we want cheap as a bonus for already earning the mount.

There is no new rep to grind for this all of that is fake news made by you with no backing at all.

to you, maybe.
…several people have already said that they’d prefer no-daze over ww.

which means they choose one or the other.

I’m just hoping that we’re totally misunderstanding what’s going on, and that each mount has their own equipment slot… but that doesn’t seem to be the impression most people are getting from the limited information we’ve currently got.

1 Like

The system is unlocked for all characters. Each character must purchase whatever equipment they want to use. The items are like gems. You socket them in your mount equipment slot, and all your mounts on that character will have that ability. If you want to change abilities, you will lose the socketed one.

Characters can have different abilities, but ALL their mounts will have the same one. The equipment is character specific, not mount specific. The item is destroyed when you replace it with a different ability

There is zero reason to ever use the daze one. A single piece of resounding protection makes you undazeable.

For once,i agree with you.

1 Like

fun fact.
azerite traits are not available to anyone below 110.

1 Like

Not arguing that fact. Just simply stating that the OP’s statement of concern about losing the waterwalking ability of the waterstrider will be nullified by receiving the free item that allows waterwalking. The OP makes no mention of any other concerns regarding the system.
I fully expect in order to even obtain a waterstrider in the future, you will have to earn the required rep just like we all did. You may or may not be given one of the free items that will allow it to walk on water though. That, you may have to purchase. But think of it as a perk for those of us who’ve already obtained it.
It’s like AotC for strider riders.

That doesn’t always work ,mostly only high level characters it works.

I am replying to the idea of this entire thread that moving the strider effect to the equipment “devalues” the rep grind. Read my initial posts. I already stated that Anglers is the ONLY confirmed source of the equipment. People are saying there COULD possibly be more. I am rolling with this idea that if they DO add more what will it take? How many more?

Until ANY of those questions are answered then the ONLY way is through Angler Rep which means that no ones rep grind is “devalued” as of right now. This thread is complaining about a problem that may or may not exist.

Fun fact. You can fly and never get dazed between 58 and 110.

I see sorry for my post then, I just saw the one comment and assumed that was all of your opinions on the issue.

What? you have to be kidding.Why would i want to regrind rep?

I am going to recommend you the addon Opie.
It binds multiple functions to a single key, depending on which direction from the center your mouse cursor is.

I put all four mounts I use on the middle key on my mouse using Opie. It’s very intuitive and perfect for mount keys.
For example, if I want my flying mount I click and hold the button while move my mouse up. If I want my transmog mount I hold and move left. If I want my water strike I click and move down. etc.