Water Strider Discussion

Oh wow instead of a free water mount that I worked to grind I now get a discount to water boots?!?!!?!!??

Spit in the face to those that worked for a strider

164 Likes

Except for the fact they are giving the ability to water walk with every mount.

4 Likes

You get free water boots. And also discounted too.

6 Likes

So when I get new boots I get more free water walking enchantments?

2 Likes

as someone who’s always been too lazy to work for the water strider and doesn’t deserve the benefit of it, i appreciate this

11 Likes

I’ve never been forced to ride the water strider. I have chosen to use the water strider while traversing water, and then I return to my normal mount the next time I mount up. This is yet another fix to a problem that doesn’t actually exist, while removing overall mount functionality.

122 Likes

Yeah its a big of a deal, i can no longer use no daze enchant while swapping to water strider for water walking for example.

Basically they traded Water Strider’s identity to make every mount literally the same.

70 Likes

It means you can now water walk with 2 person mounts in the next expansion if you so desire. It’s a good thing.

5 Likes

I guess this probably affects me less than most, as I main shaman and have Water Walking macroed onto my mount button, which is itself keybound and on a mouse macro so I can either press shift + space or a mouse button to instantly mount with water walking on literally any mount I put on the macro.

But I get that the idea of anything being removed from the game is bad, even if it’s being removed so that something more interesting can be added. I haven’t gotten to the part of Taliesin & Evitel’s video where they talk about what exactly the deal is, but from reading the forums it seems that there’s going to be an item, probably like the no-daze barding or interact-while-mounting stirrups, which allows any mount to water walk.

Which is great. The mountspecial animation on the bug is fun and silly, but it’s probably my second-least-favorite mount aesthetically right behind the Riddler’s Mind Worm. Being able to walk on water with any other mount sounds much cooler.

I do agree, though, that maybe the ability shouldn’t be taken away from the mount that literally just walks on water, but is the item a one-use? Or is it a piece of equipment that you slot into the mount’s interface to permanently give it water walking as long as it’s equipped? If it’s the latter, you just put the shoes on your water bug and have literally lost nothing. :stuck_out_tongue: If that’s not the case, then understandably, we need more information before we start sharpening pitchforks. Like, maybe we should wait until more information is available, or until the PTR goes live for more people to get a better idea of what’s up.

3 Likes

I don’t care about 2 person mounts. I want to know why I have to pay for WW enchants when I worked for a mount to avoid that?

97 Likes

You guys are complaining about being able to water walk. Ignore the other equipment. You don’t have to pay. It’s free. Ignore the other equipment and you’ll never have to pay. End of story.

7 Likes

You don’t have to pay for it. You get it for free because you worked for that mount. Pay attention.

3 Likes

So they are thinking about pruning our mount selection now huh?

13 Likes

He said the first one was free. I change boots often. Do I have to kee enchanting new boots and are those free?

12 Likes

They’re not pruning anything. They’re giving us more selection now. Every mount is a water strider as long as you use that equipment. Which you get for free if you’re already a water strider owner.

2 Likes

Use your free boots on your water strider. Then nothing will change for you.

Why don’t you actually research what you are complaining about. These aren’t enchants. This doesn’t go on gear. Pay attention.

7 Likes

They’re not boots. You equip them to your mount journal

6 Likes

It’s like a gem: you put it in the slot, and it’s destroyed if you replace it. So you’ve literally lost nothing, until you want to use the anti-daze equipment because you’re in the middle of a desert full of daze-happy mobs on your mage. At which point you lose water walking until you go buy another consumable.

As presented, it’s an undeniable nerf, especially if this new equipment replaces the existing bardings and water walking potions in the game.

40 Likes

So many misinformed people complaining about something they don’t understand.

15 Likes